• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Biçer said my döner hair area isn't so dense and to see a dermatologist?

M

mistikempire

I sent her pics of my hair, she said that it isn't soo dense and recommended me to go see a dermatologist.

What do you guys think?

PXL_20230701_040739503~2.jpg
PXL_20230701_040749079.jpg

Guest!

it looks like DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia) which would exclude you from being a hair transplant candidate.
are you on any medications? dermatologist would be a good idea

M

mistikempire

it looks like DUPA (diffuse unpatterned alopecia) which would exclude you from being a hair transplant candidate.
are you on any medications? dermatologist would be a good idea
No nothing at all, I think however it's just a rubbish picture.
I have curly hair, so I'm sure if I cut my hair it would look better then how it is in that photo

Guest!

your donor area looks very patchy in both photos. do a google image search for DUPA hair and you will see what i mean
you can also look up Lorenzo's videos on DUPA

M

mistikempire

your donor area looks very patchy in both photos. do a google image search for DUPA hair and you will see what i mean
Just googled and seen what you mean :(
What should I do? My order for oral Minoxidil has came through the post.
Thinking to wait to get my generic fin and pair them up together.
Would things like collagen etc help too?

Anything I can do? I don't have any shedding btw

Guest!

ive seen videos by Lorenzo where he has treated DUPA patients who are on fin, but their hairloss had to be completely stabilised and you have to remain on fin for life.

It's a tough situation because your donor area isn't "safe", and so that doesn't make you a candidate.

You could see a dermatologist to see treatment options. And please don't fall for any hair transplant clinic who will accept you as a candidate

M

Mick From Farjo

Valued member
It does look as though you have Dupa. Try to arrange a face to face consultation with a doctor that can provide a diagnosis and a treatment plan.

M

mistikempire

How about now?

Attachments

• PXL_20230702_134701869.jpg
    PXL_20230702_134701869.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 79
  • PXL_20230702_134651997.jpg
    PXL_20230702_134651997.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 76
M

mistikempire

well its more about how its grown out. youve shaven your head in those photos
I thought if it was shorter it might be better to get an idea if I did have dupa.
Sorry this is all coming as a shock, my hair always made me feel down and I always thought it's okay, as I will get a hair transplant one day and held out till now, I'm 34.
An now to be told that I have Dupa and no longer a candidate for hair transplant is heart breaking.

Guest!

try and talk to a dermatologist or a reputable HT doc to get a proper diagnosis and see what your options are. DUPA is about having a certain % of hairs in the donor that are miniaturised which based on your photos I believe you have.

Knowing this now and not having any surgery is far better than getting surgery and regretting this for the rest of your life.

M

mistikempire

try and talk to a dermatologist or a reputable HT doc to get a proper diagnosis and see what your options are. DUPA is about having a certain % of hairs in the donor that are miniaturised which based on your photos I believe you have.

Knowing this now and not having any surgery is far better than getting surgery and regretting this for the rest of your life.
Thank you for that
Would I ever be able to get a transplant? İs is that it, like if you have DUPA are you never able to have a successful surgery?

Guest!

the only cases ive seen where DUPA patients can get a transplant (safely at least) come from Lorenzo where patients have stabilised their losses/their donor is safe after successfully being on fin. I'd try and look up some of his videos if you can

M

mistikempire

So I went to my GP who will be sending a letter referring me to a dermatologist

D

DrAhmadChaudhry

Hi, yes it is not a good decision to go for hair transplant procedure. I agree with Qui Bono and you need Fin plus Minoxidil. If possible you can also add other treatments like PRP from time to time, Low level laser therapy and topical Finasteride as well.