• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Lavender and Rosemary oil to treat hair loss

Y

YME

I was wondering if anyone has tried either Lavender oil or Rosemary oil to combat their hair loss? I heard that lavender oil possesses hair growth promoting effects with its antimicrobial properties. I know it has the ability to soothe the scalp and heal dry skin but does it help in any other ways?
Rosemary oil seems to be good for hair thickness and stimulating existing growth because Cellular metabolism stimulates hair growth and promotes healing. I`ve heard rosemary oil appears to work just as well as minoxidil, not sure about that though but it's decent for treating dandruff and dry scalps.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve heard they are good for soothing the scalp and keeping it moist to prevent dandruff and skin irritation. I`m not sure if it does anything to promote faster hair growth. It`s cheap enough to buy, so no harm in trying it.

M

mania

Yes oil always being very good for the hair caring and treatment ..

T

Tesar

I've been using rosemary oil on my hair for nearly a year. I apply it in the morning and again at night. Like you, I'd read that it is as effective as minoxidil. Sadly, in my case at least, I can't say that I've noticed any difference. The miniaturized hairs at my temples are still miniaturized. Perhaps you'll have better luck.

Last edited:
ninaross

ninaross

Lavender oil has the ability to promote cell growth and reduce stress. As a result, it promotes faster hair growth. This oil's antimicrobial and antibacterial characteristics boost scalp health. It can aid in the strengthening of hair follicles.

Rosemary oil is known for its ability to strengthen hair. And Yes, rosemary oil is just as effective as minoxidil hair treatments without adverse effects. DHT is inhibited by rosemary oil. It also improves blood circulation at the scalp and decreases hair loss.

You can also try the Gro & Glo oil for hair growth, it contains the supreme mixture of oils, and Lavender and Rosemary oils are one of them.

B

Bicyclegirrl

I've been using rosemary oil on my hair for nearly a year. I apply it in the morning and again at night. Like you, I'd read that it is as effective as minoxidil. Sadly, in my case at least, I can't say that I've noticed any difference. The miniaturized hairs at my temples are still miniaturized. Perhaps you'll have better luck.
That's interesting. I wonder if the effects have anything to do with how concentrated the dosage is of rosemary oil? Perhaps it is as good as minoxidil? I wonder if it is because minoxidil prevents/slows down hair loss; and you still have those miniaturized hairs. If I am incorrect, I would appreciate it if someone could correct me. =) If you don't mind me asking, Tesar, what is your gender and have you been diagnosed with androgenic alopecia? I am asking because I have been diagnosed with this disorder. (You don't have to answer me, if you don't want to).

Last edited: