• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

PRP effectiveness

S

Sharvan

Iam suffering from Male pattern baldness for the last four years. Tried topical minoxidil and discontinued due to side effects. Can I do PRP to increase the thickness and new Hair regrowth in crown area.? Whether PRP worth to try for a person who is suffering from androgenetic alopecia?;

Any suggestions. ?

ninaross

ninaross

I understand your frustration with male pattern baldness and the challenges of finding a treatment. Here's what I can share about PRP and androgenetic alopecia (male pattern baldness):

PRP for Androgenetic Alopecia:

• Potential Benefits: PRP injections may stimulate hair growth and increase hair thickness in some men with androgenetic alopecia. However, the evidence is not conclusive, and more research is needed.
  • Individual Results: The effectiveness of PRP can vary depending on factors like age, severity of hair loss, and individual response to treatment. Studies suggest it might be more effective in the early stages of hair loss.
PRP Considerations:

• Limited Scientific Evidence: While some studies show promise, large-scale, long-term studies are needed to definitively establish PRP's effectiveness for hair regrowth in androgenetic alopecia.
  • Cost: PRP treatment can be expensive and may not be covered by insurance.
  • Multiple Sessions: Typically, multiple PRP sessions are needed, followed by maintenance treatments.
  • Side Effects: PRP is generally considered safe, but there's a slight risk of bleeding, infection, or scalp tenderness at the injection site.