• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Which UK hair transplant clinic to use?

J

JBEEVERS

Hi all,

Just starting my research into a hair transplant, to potentially have done early 2024.
I have sent a couple of enquiries to UK based and also Türkiye based to compare prices and services.
I was quoted between 3500 - 4000 grafts for £3k at NowHairTime (Türkiye) plus travel expenses
I was quoted 2000 grafts for £6k at Hair Doctor (Leeds)

I've seen some fantastic reviews on NowHairTime but the thought of travelling abroad, seems a little too much hassle.
I've seen fantastic reviews on HairDr for Pre-Op services, although some really negative feedback on the outcome of the operation.

I'm based in Yorkshire and would ideally like to have the operation in the UK, I can then be home within 24hrs rather than 4 days.

Any feedback on both the named, recommendations or conversation on your transplants, would be really appreciated!!!!!!

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Avoid hair mills, whether here in the UK or abroad. I would suggest in the UK Farjo or Maitland clinic, if willing to travel there are at least 4 top quality surgeons in Belgium with Feriduni and Bisanga the ones that come to mind. £3,000 for a 3,500 to 4,000 HT is simply too cheap, remember this is work on your head not a second hand car.

J

James6

The UK is producing better clinics these days. Dr Bonaros in Glasgow, Ted Miln, Farjo. Personally think the Maitland Clinic is the best though by some distance.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
The UK is producing better clinics these days. Dr Bonaros in Glasgow, Ted Miln, Farjo. Personally think the Maitland Clinic is the best though by some distance.
I would disagree on that is having gone to Farjo myself, he is on par with the elite.

J

Johnny7

I would disagree on that is having gone to Farjo myself, he is on par with the elite.
Yes I totally agree, 4 months in and it’s looking great, would definitely recommend Dr Farjo and his excellent team .

J

James6

I think Farjo do great work, not criticising. I just think Maitland Clinic stand above the rest. Just my opinion of course.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Of course everyone is allowed an opinion, I am just basing mine on over 15 years of research and knowledge of the top surgeons having been to two of the elite.

D

Denmarkhair

You can’t go wrong with the IAHRS registered surgeons worldwide who have been extensively vetted.

The UK IAHRS surgeons are:

Dr Edward Ball
Dr Ted Miln
Dr Manni Mittal

skulltec

skulltec

If you're considering Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) for hair loss, then SKULLTEC is one of the best reputable and award winning hair loss clinic in the UK that specialize in this technique.

FAB3CDA8-83F8-4492-BE42-B82134CC8FA3.JPEG

Attachments

• 8FFD774E-270D-49CB-A105-CB9BA81153E0.JPEG
    8FFD774E-270D-49CB-A105-CB9BA81153E0.JPEG
    138.8 KB · Views: 29
R

RobertManos

Avoid hair mills, whether here in the UK or abroad. I would suggest in the UK Farjo or Maitland clinic, if willing to travel there are at least 4 top quality surgeons in Belgium with Feriduni and Bisanga the ones that come to mind. £3,000 for a 3,500 to 4,000 HT is simply too cheap, remember this is work on your head not a second hand car.

What exactly is a hair mill? I’m assuming a clinic that does many patients on the same day? Which UK clinics are hair mills??

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
treating patients like they are on a conveyor belt. Even if a doctor does one patient a day does not make them elite. Rather than name which clinics are hair mills you should look at which doctors are worth looking at by doing lots of research such as reading patient reviews etc on this site.