• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1 YEAR UPDATE, 3000 GRAFTS, DR ACAR @ COSMEDICA

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Well hello everyone, here is my just over 1 year update from 3000 grafts @ cosmedica my initial thread detailing my experience below. My second HT was done on the 18th of Jan 2020

In a nutshell, I am completely satisfied with my result, my hair is super dense in my front third which was my problem area. I also think its very natural looking and when i tell people they say you would never now it was a transplant, which is always a good response.

I had a previous strip surgery with Dr feller in 2006 but things had depleted since then. I had always wanted a second pass as my first HT was a little conservative but just never got round to it until last year.

I have tried to include as many pics as possible in different lights and wet and dry etc for reference. Also included are some early images of my hairloss so you can see the whole journey.

One of my issues was I Wouldn't dare get my hair wet in public on holiday for example as I was too self conscious, that problem is no more as density is great, i just need to be allowed on holiday now ha.

Would I go back to cosmedica? Absolutely!

Apologies for delay in getting this thread up but better late than never.

Best regards to all

Tom

Attachments

• before second HT.PNG
    before second HT.PNG
    225.8 KB · Views: 192
  • skinhead ht.png
    skinhead ht.png
    220.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 1 year ht.png
    1 year ht.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 145
  • 1 year ht 2.png
    1 year ht 2.png
    268.4 KB · Views: 145
  • soaking wet ht.png
    soaking wet ht.png
    212.2 KB · Views: 131
  • donor shot.png
    donor shot.png
    286.6 KB · Views: 120
  • hairline.png
    hairline.png
    189.5 KB · Views: 116
  • hairline wet.png
    hairline wet.png
    261.6 KB · Views: 119
  • head down shot.png
    head down shot.png
    264 KB · Views: 131
  • 134.jpg
    134.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 139
  • pre HT.JPG
    pre HT.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
yidd0

yidd0

Wow what a transformation . How many grafts did you have with dr feller ?

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Wow what a transformation . How many grafts did you have with dr feller ?
2643 apparently, it laid a foundation for me but it always left me wanting more and I wasn't so keen on the V hairline which was subtlely reduced at cosmedica

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Meant to add this pic also in bright daylight to show hairline under a harsh light.

harsh light hairline.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Tom.
Thanks for updating with your final result. It looks great, even more so when you look at your pre-op picture. You`ve had a long journey to get here but you made it with lots of research and patience.
It`s good to hear you`ve regained your confidence back when getting your hair wet while doing activities. Once things return to normal with everyday life and you`re sunning yourself, taking a dip on holiday, you won`t have any worries about your hair.

Are you still on 1mg of Finasteride?

All the best.
Bm.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
Hi Tom.
Thanks for updating with your final result. It looks great, even more so when you look at your pre-op picture. You`ve had a long journey to get here but you made it with lots of research and patience.
It`s good to hear you`ve regained your confidence back when getting your hair wet while doing activities. Once things return to normal with everyday life and you`re sunning yourself, taking a dip on holiday, you won`t have any worries about your hair.

Are you still on 1mg of Finasteride?

All the best.
Bm.
Hello Bri, yes still on a maintenance dose of fin and biotin, I tried minox in the middle of last year but it irritated the hell out of my scalp.

My last HT has showed up my mid and crown a little but its not a major issue for me at the moment, if I have another pass it will definately be FUE with donor management at the top of my list as the moth eaten look isnt a good one.

Best regards

Tom

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Right now your hair is looking good. Hopefully, the Finasteride holds onto everything for you. Like me, you have been using it for a long time. I had the same reaction with Minoxidil, bad scalp irritation.
Your donor looks decent, so if another HT is needed in the future I`m sure you`ll be ok.
All the best.
Bri.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
You’ve had a brilliant turnaround going from an old blokes head to a cool looking trendy guy. Your like 20 years younger.

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
You’ve had a brilliant turnaround going from an old blokes head to a cool looking trendy guy. Your like 20 years younger.
Thanks mate I really appreciate that, yes it was rough when I was young but such a nice feeling now I've addressed the issue and luckily made the right choices.

Best regards

Tom

TOMMYTWO

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
How old were you when your hair loss became a problem for you?
Noticed it started around 17 became a major issue for me around 19/20 constantly stressing over it and having some really dark days sometimes, it was pretty rough mentally