• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

1500 beard in vertex (WHTC w/Dr Mwamba )

D

drmwamba

Valued member
Body hairs Transplant is one of the hair transplant technique still controversial.

As far as I know ,scalp hairs suit better than BHT .We can not neglect these alternative for the great help he can provide to a certain category of patients .

If you find the right indication and you follow the right protocole ,you can really help a lot of patients.

The major indications of BHT are:

1. Patient with poor donor or no donor supply

2.NW 6 or NW 7 who are seeking full coverage in front and decent coverage in vertex

3. Scar repair ie scar grafting when the patient wants to do more work on top and need scalp hairs for that

4.FIT farming ie replacing scalp hairs harvested by FIT/FUE with BHT in order to maintain the donor density while using a maximum scalp hairs to treat the top.

We should also put in our balance the characteristics of BHT according to their location (beard >arm pit>pubic>chest >belly.Legs and back) and the individual quality .

The case I am reporting here received 1500 beard hairs in the crown.Most of the time beard are coarser than scalp hairs but with this patient it blended very good into the vertex and look like natural scalp hairs.It grew quite longer than in its original site and the patient was happy.He came back for more ....

By mywhtc at 2009-09-02

By mywhtc at 2009-09-02

By mywhtc at 2009-09-02

By mywhtc at 2009-09-02

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Dr. Mwamba,

Thank you for showing an example of your of BHT. I agree scalp hair is ideal for transplanting but there are those who do not have any scalp donor so alternatives come into play. Are all beard hairs single hairs? When you look at nape hairs, they all look like single hairs but some are very fine two hair grafts. So even tho beard hairs look like single hairs, I was wondering if some are two hair grafts. Good to know the beard hairs can grow out long.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
most of our beard hairs are singles .You can still find some two hairs grafts in 2 to 3 % .

Nape hairs is also a good source but from my experience you will find a lot of them in telogen phase (sometimes up to 20 %).I like to use them to build hair line when the donor supply is poor .Most of beard hairs are in anagen phase and because of their coarsness ,I never tried to put them in the very frontal hair line .

We also found out legs hairs have 40 to 50 % of them in telogen phase ;chest hairs ,maybe 10 to 20 %.Pubic ,arm pit are most of them in anagen phase .

That's why we usually advise our patient to pre shave their donor area 3 to 5 days prior the surgery in order to catch the maximum hairs in anagen phase ;they are the one who will come out in first place .

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Thanks for the post doc. Love to see some examples of BHT. Not too many of them that look as good as this.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dr Mwamba.

Do you have any pictures of F.I.T farming patients and what are the survival rates of such a procedure.

Thanks bm.

J

JJ09

Beard hair, fantastic! I do worry about the healing of any grafts taken from above the jaw line.

F.I.T Farming, I could say I've had this done when mini grafts were removed from my hairline and replaced with skin grafts taken from behind my ears.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
It is very difficult to assess FIT farming .But I did some protocole for my study and I will post everything together when i will be ready .

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Dr Mwamba,i`ll look forward to seeing them.

bm.

J

jon65

Valued member
Dr. Mwamba could you please state how much you charge per fue graft and bht fue graft as it does not state it on your website. thanks