• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2400+ FUE Dr Bisanga

T

taboo

Valued member
Hello,

Firstly, thanks to each of you who have posted here in the past. All the info I gathered here over the course of 12 months led me to making the decision to have a HT.

My procedure was a very recent event and concentrated on the frontal third. I am realistic as to what can be achieved given my level of hair loss and this is hopefully the first part of a three step process over the next couple of years.

I will post further detail in the hope that it might help others who are considering a HT.

Thanks

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Taboo

Thanks for sharing so far, look forward to updates.

T

taboo

Valued member
...a follow up on my HT - picture shows before and immediately after.

I will update at one week and one month post-op; after this, i will leave it for a few months.

If anybody wishes to know further detail, plase ask and i will gladly reply.

Thanks

Attachments

• Before_After.jpg
    Before_After.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 3,455
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Taboo

All the very best buddy with your HT journey , will be looking forward to your updates, the Clinic you went to have excellent consistency with their results

Cheers

D

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Taboo.

Welcome to the forum, I’m pleased you`ve had a good experience and have realistic expectations. 2400 grafts should make a nice improvement.

I`ll look forward to following your progress.

spence

spence

Hi Taboo,

What would one roughly expect to pay per FUE graft at BHR?

T

taboo

Valued member
spence wrote:
Hi Taboo,

What would one roughly expect to pay per FUE graft at BHR?

If you visit the BHR website, their prices and loads of other info is on there - starting at 5 euro and reducing to 3 euro p/graft.

T

taboo

Valued member
...almost at the two month mark with no sign at all of any procedure.

Donor site was a little tender for the first couple of weeks. The pain was more of an irritable itching that eased gradually. For the first week the recipient site was kept very moist which helped to massage the scabs off at the 7 day mark. All scabs came off easily with nothing more than gentle rubbing. There was an odd 1 or 2 that stuck, but they fell with normal shampooing. There was notable redness after the scabs fell, but fortunately for me that faded after a further 2 weeks or so (I have read that some have experienced redness for considerably longer).

I was playing football after a few weeks (heading the ball stung a bit) and have gone about my usual routine with no real worry about the HT. If things happen in time, then i'll be happy. Although, i'm quite laid back about things, you can't help having more than the odd look with a couple of mirrors.

I had planned to upload pics after the first week and month, but didn't find the time to take any. I have had a number 2 buzz cut about a week ago and it's just a waiting game now...

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Taboo I would lay off the head shots with the football but that's just my opinion.

It will be interesting to see your case as it grows out, best wishes.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Taboo

Glad the healing has gone well visibly, there is still healing happening at a lower level and as said may be some discomfort when heading a ball while you will heal.

Thanks for the update.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Dr Bisanga is one of the best docs so you should have a very good result. Looking forward to future updates.

T

taboo

Valued member
3 month update, a few snaps of the story so far - nothing much to report at this stage.

Will add another set in a month or two.

Attachments

• 3mth.jpg
    3mth.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 2,658
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Taboo

thanks for your updates looks like you are healing very well , wont be to long now before things start happening for you stay cool

Cheers

D

B

Boberto

Valued member
Hi Taboo, Congrats on your work. You made a the right decision with BHR.

Just wondering your reason why you didnt go for more grafts in this procedure?

As your loss was extensive and the fact you will be going for future HT's.?

All the best with the growing.

T

taboo

Valued member
Boberto: I was considered a very good candidate for 'strip' with slightly above donor supply and good skin laxity, but i didn't fancy the scar. the number of grafts would have been significantly bigger. 2500 FUE was our target at the start of play and we stuck to it. The 2400+ grafts was a sensible number for the two days work. It is true that we could have got more over the period and I do have more to play with - i'll see how this result works out.

topccat29: Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Update at 4 months and 2 weeks:

Attachments

• 4mth2wk.jpg
    4mth2wk.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 2,281
T

taboo

Valued member
Dazzster26: From reading your thread i notice you have started to use the Rogaine - have you switched to the foam? Thanks for the support also...

Can anybody advise where is the best place to buy?

C

chin up

Hi Taboo, your new hair pattern is emerging now with signs of what looks to me of a whole new look for you.

I'm ordering my foam from the shop on here, click the banner at the top of the page. Its a decent price and I trust the forum.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi

thanks for your update looks like things are kicking in for you now, I am using the Rogaine Foam and the Fin and I have to say since starting the Fin the hairloss seems to have stabilised and the Crown has certainly got better, their are many opinions on the meds , I was given advice and it was my choice to use them , You can go online and search for good deals or just get it from the shop here

Cheers

D