• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2613 FUE 0- 5 months Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic Brussels

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
2613 FUE 2013 Scalp and 600 Beard

Scalp Hair 1. 649 2. 940 3. 340 4. 84

Beard Hair 1. 173 2. 427

PRP Therapy was used on both recipient and donor

Patient had two previous poor surgeries, Strip and 2mm Plugs. leaving poor regrowth and scarring in the recipient and donor

Work in Progress, Post Op 5 Months

J

jon65

Valued member
Excellent result Stephen! Did the patient have a small beard hair test patch prior to the 600 beard hair grafts? Also were the beard hair grafts all used in zones 5 or sparsely mixed around with the scalp donor?

regards
jon65

sl

sl

Hi Jon65

We did not do a beard test before, in terms of smaller graft numbers, although we could have extracted more beard than we did Dr. B prefers to be cautious. With beard we have found, not just with me but numerous cases now that with his extraction technique yield doesn;t seem to be a real problem, not saying it is as high as scalp but not far off. So, we are comfortable doing a decent number of extractions but are careful of scarring so do limit the numbers.

On this case we deliberately placed all the beard hair together near the back of the placement area, this way if yield was low it would have been very obvious, also it allows us to assess the beard characteristics compared to the scalp hair easier.

M

mars

Valued member
Absolutely love this job,i think the fact his hair is grey makes it look better than say if is hair was black or brown..this result makes me feel great about going grey which i def will..grey hair and the salt and pepper look are great for hairtransplants imo.

sl

sl

10 Month update on this case. Patient will be back in early 2011 to look at the crown.