• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2878 FUE BHR

M

Maxwell

Hi everyone, this is my first post. I would like to share my experience with my recent 2878 FUE surgery with BHR.

First a little about me: I am almost 32 years old. I have been losing my hair since about the age of 20 and it has been very slow. I am on no meds at all but do have a natural regime which I hope has somewhat slowed my hairloss.

My surgery took place over 2 days on the 12th and 13th of May. It was all hairline work and I decided to restore my current very thin and whispy hairline.

The day before surgery I underwent my blood test and then met with Dr Bisanga for my final consultation. Here donor density was measured and hairline placement discussed etc. I knew upon meeting the doc in person that I was in very capable hands.

At all times from booking my surgery right up until the point I left, Phil and Steve from BHR were very attentive and helpful in every aspect.

The day of surgery started with a final consultation on design etc and then it was off for the head shaving. Then came the numbing of the donor area and the good doc removed the first days grafts. I do not remember how many grafts were removed in day one but it seemed painless and to be honest went very quickly. I slept through a lot of it.

After a break for lunch, the recipient sites were made. While this was going on, the techs were examining the grafts under the microscope.

The techs then began placing the grafts. They were great techs and happy to chat or let me sleep. It took a good few hours as they were very precise in what they were doing.

Day two then went pretty much the same way and before I knew it my surgery was over. Again, Phil and Steve were on hand should anything be required.

I went back next day for a quick check before I headed home.

Almost on a daily basis since my surgery Steve has emailed me to see how I have been getting on etc and answered any questions that I may have had via email usually within 10 minutes!!!

I am now 3 weeks post op and will follow shortly with pics.

Maxwell.

Last edited:
sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Maxwell

Many thanks for your post and the detail of it, Glad all going well and look forward to seeing the pics..speak soon.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Maxwell.

I`m pleased you`ve had a great experiences with BHR. Thats a decent size fue session you`ve had,i`ll look forward to seeing your pictures.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Heal and grow well.

bm.

sl

sl

Maxwell came with good better than average density, we discussed hair line design and came to a compromise on placement. All went well during the op and the graft numbers were as follows:-

Technique: FUE Follicular Unit Count: 2878

1 Hair 2 Hair 3 Hair 4 Hair

850 1291 706 31

PRE OP DESIGN

small17.jpg

small16.jpg

small15.jpg

small14.jpg

small13.jpg

small12.jpg

POST OP

small28.jpg

small20.jpg

small19.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the pictures Stephen and the graft count,a lot of three hair grafts there which is great and will help the density.The work looks good with a nice area covered.

I`ll look forward to following Maxwells progression and seeing his new hairline in twelve months.

Cheers bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Very nice work. This is going to look great when all is done. Heal well Maxwell.

NN

M

Maxwell

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I am very pleased with the work and very happy that I undertook my surgery. As of this Sunday 13th I will be exactly 4 weeks post op.

I will update with a pic or two then. I have one from when I was at 3 weeks.

As of now, I think I have shed almost all of the grafts so this is the worst I have looked since the surgery but I am fine with it. Hopefully within the next few months the grafts will start to bloom.

I had no redness from about 2 weeks out and the work was completely undetectable. I went to a couple of social functions at around 2 and a half weeks (I had all the grafts in place then) and everyone said how good my new hair style looked and no one said a thing. It honestly looked like I had a simple buzz cut but had a nice defined hairline for the first time in ages!!!

I got a number one cut all over at 3 and a half weeks (not the grafted area) and the barber said absolutely nothing he just chatted away. You can not detect that any work at all has been done at all.

I will naturally keep you all posted and updated with pics.

Maxwell.

sl

sl

Hi Maxwell

Many thanks for the update and glad that all is coming along well. We'd all like the hairs not to drop but sadly nature must take its course..but they will come back and really a waiting game..as you say 4 weeks gone so a few more months and you will get some sprouts..

Last edited:
sl

sl

Maxwell at 3 weeks, taken on a camera phone so not the clearest but does give an indication of healing at that stage.

maxwell3weeks.jpg

M

Maxwell

Thanks for posting the pic steve.

Yep, that pic is at exactly 3 weeks post op. I had a number one cut a day or so later. In that pic I have around 60-70% of the grafts I think. Over this last week I have shed almost all of them.

There is zero redness and my donor is immaculate. Like I say, I had a number one cut all over and you could not see that any work was done on both the recipient and donor area.

I will post my 4 week pics over the next few days and then at regular intervals to keep all updated.

Maxwell.

B

Barren

Valued member
Hi Maxwell, have you any updates? Hope you're happy with the result.

Last edited:
B

Barren

Valued member
True, I thought that the procedure took place in summer 2009 for some reason when I typed the above.

M

Maxwell

Hi,

Thanks for asking how I am getting on.

I am sorry that I have not posted for a while nor was I able to provide the regular updates that I had hoped to.

I lost a great deal of my growth pics when I lost my iphone and couple that with a very time demanding job and I have not had a chance to really update anyone.

As to my result - I am exstatic with how it has turned out. I am 8 months post op and have fantastic growth and am pleased that I actually have a hairline. It looks totally natural and nobody had any idea that I had undegone surgery. I initally sported a no 1 all over haircut which looked great because I actually had a proper frame to my face.

I am beginning to grow it out a little now.

I sent steven a photo a few days ago, if you are able steven, could you please post it here?

I will try and get a few more pics up over the next day or two.

I am hoping to get back to the UK on the 5th of February so the BHR team can see my progress and hopefully video or take better pics for the forum community.

If you have any further questions please ask away and I promise to be more active on these pages than recently.

Maxwell

B

Barren

Valued member
Hi Maxwell,

Thanks for taking the time to provide an update, it's good to see that everything has gone well and that you're happy. I'd be very interested to see a photo of how the hair looked with a no 1. all over if you have any.

sl

sl

Hi Maxwell

Thanks for the update and your email and photo you sent.

Be great to meet and of course we can do some good pictures. Thanks for being willing to share wish us at this stage. The good thing is you will see even more growth, development and maturity over the coming months also.

photo-01.jpg

M

Maxwell

Barren,

I do not think I have any pics as a number 1, I will have a look through and if I do, I will post them here.

Thanks for posting the pic Steve, that pics was taken only about a week ago and is under very bright overhead lighting in the bathroom. There is no see through effect at all.

Hopefully I will get some better pics up over the coming days and hopefully, I will get to meet you guys in London.

Barren, if you give me a few weeks and if I do not have any number 1 pics, I may buzz it to a number 1 for you and show a pic or two.

Maxwell