• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

2nd FUE Transplant to add density with Dr Arshad at the Hair Dr Clinic UK

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Having had FUE hair transplant with Dr Arshad “DrA” at the Hair Dr Clinic in Dewsbury West Yorkshire in February 2018 and getting amazing results and that self confidence back if not an increased self confidence it was only natural and a given that I would return to get a 2nd FUE procedure with the same Dr and Clinic.

I had my year follow up of my first transplant in March of this year and was very pleased with the results and having hair and a hairline again. The first procedure was to create a hairline that I had lost with receding temples and mid scalp. We also discussed and went ahead with correcting my double crown that span in opposite directions which would appear bald and likely I would have in time lost hair there so was a great idea to do it now before losing any more hair. I had around 4000 grafts for the hairline, mid scalp and crown in this first procedure. At this year's follow up with Dr A we discussed that I still have enough donor hair to add density to the hairline and temples. Myself and the Dr was very pleased with the results of the first transplant but it was something I wanted to discuss with Dr Arshad about getting it more thicker in the hairline and temples. You can imagine it was music to my ears that we could. Dr A talked me though what could be achieved and left it with me. I am a manager of a social club in Leeds and can imagine I get busy at times and fitting a 2nd transplant was tricky to do right away like I wanted but we found a slot for August 28th 2019. Sommiya, always helpful and pleasant worked with me to find a slot around me and my job, no pressure and when I was ready and able. Choosing the Hair Dr Clinic the first time was easy as I felt in safe experienced hands with every step of the procedure , after care and expectations/achievable results to me by Dr Arshad and it was not a rushed “sales pitchy” consultation. Dr A takes his time with you and ensures you fully understand and are happy with what has been discussed. Therefore having this 2nd Procedure I would only go back to the Hair Dr Clinic and Dr A.

FUE is an amazing technique and very non invasive procedure! You do not feel the grafts been harvested and are fully numb in the donor area. Yes just like going to the dentist the first injections is a sharp scratch and makes the eyes water a bit but that’s nothing and you are numb in a minute or two. The healing time of the donor area is amazingly rapid with FUE as the tiny holes seem to close up overnight and within a week or two all healed up and your hair has grown back and covered your donor area. I never liked the idea of FUT as cutting away a strip of skin from the back donor hair leaving you with a linear scar that has more risk of infection too is not appealing to me at all. Also then slicing up the grafts from the strip of skin could damage the grafts leaving them no longer suitable. FUE and Dr A’s one touch technique has the follicle removed and in a dish of solution that keeps the follicle alive and healthy immediately until it is time to implant. This gives the very best survival of the follicles for implantation and are not out in the air been handled too long as with FUT.

Preparing for a hair transplant this time around was relatively simple. I knew what was involved and what to expect and as I was returning to the Hair Dr Clinic and Dr A made it even more easy. I had no worries about the procedure and had full trust and confidence in Dr A to give me that wanted density in the hairline and temples. Dr A’s experience and medical background has me fully at ease to just turn up and get straight to it. I was a bit bummed out about shaving all my new hair off and ‘starting again’ sort of thing but when we first talked about a 2nd transplant I was told that I now have hair where I did not before and that hair from the 1st transplant will grow back immediately just like the back and side do. Therefore I will be able to style my hair as I wait for the 2nd transplanted hair to come. Plus shaving your hair off to get amazing hair back is a small sacrifice and totally worth it. Taking Finasteride like most men is a worry with the small chance of side affects to our sex drives and impotence mainly as I am assured that this is only affects a small percentage of men. I have taken them for over a year now and will continue for this year till the full regrowth of my 2nd transplant. I have had no concerns taking it up to now and spoken to other people on forums and my instagram page mikes_fue_story and one guy was older than me and had worries too but just had another baby. So having no worries myself and hearing things like that eases my mind on finasteride. And I have always had the mind set that if i even feel any different I will just stop taking them.

Day of Procedure: 28th August 2019. I arrived at the Hair Dr Clinic in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire at 07:30 and greeted by Carol the friendly bubbly receptionist who made me a cup of tea while I waited to be called. Soon after I was called and brought to Dr Arshad’s office where he and Sommiya was waiting for me. Dr A had another look at my hair and we again talked about the proposed plan and achievement. We further discussed about adding more density to the temples and also strengthening the hairline. Dr A made a suggestion about a natural willows peak would suit me and give me an amazing hairline finish. Talking it over and visualizing it in the mirror where he marked it out I felt he was right and I had 100% in trust Dr A. I asked if I would have enough grafts to make this alteration and still have enough grafts to get the density in the hairline and temples and I was fully assure that I would. I then was given my pre medications as I read over a consent form which as consent forms go can me lots of small print and intimidating medical words to read. Hair Dr Clinic’s has a nice easy to read and follow format and fully informative explaining pre medication, pre procedure and what is all involved. I was now ready and we made our way to the treatment room where I was met with three technicians. Helen Serquina who also work on my first transplant was there with fellow technicians Natasha and Anna. Helen is a senior transplant technician with 16+ years in the profession and has worked all over the world. She also has a lovely and fun personality which adds to the comfortable atmosphere at the clinic but you know you’re in safe hands. Natasha and Anna both have a great number of years in the profession and have a friendly, warm personalities also which makes you so relaxed you do not feel like you’re in a clinic. They are propping me for the procedure like shaving my hair all of, which I personally think Helen enjoys too much (haha). Cleaning my head thoroughly, getting a gown on me and laid on the table ready for Dr A. All with good conversation and banta and not just told what to do which would add to your bad nerves if you are a bit uneasy with Dr’s and procedures etc. This atmosphere I love at it also passed the time too and takes your mind off it. Dr A then begins to numb your donor area with anesthetic and this is a sharp scratch and I felt this a little bit more this time, maybe because Dr A was this time taking grafts more from the sides and not the back where most came from in the first procedure to ensure my donor area does not become unevenly sparse. I was gettin numbing injections right behind the ear where the skin is thinner and more sensitive. It was not painful but I do think even though I was relaxed I also knew what to expect and when so maybe subconsciously I was tensing for the injections. Dr A constantly checked with me if I was ok and in any pain and if the numbing was taking place. Dr A then began harvesting grafts by using a follicular unit extraction machine that punch cuts around each follicle unit with a diameter range of 0.6mm - 1.3mm. Dr A used 0.7 on mine. Helen, Natasha and Anna was there taking the grafts of as Dr A selected and harvested them, caring for each graft by immediately placing them in a solution in a dish to keep them healthy and not handling them too much… “Dr A’s one touch technique”. And also counting up the number of hair each graft had. In the end I had 1637 grafts that consists of 1’s 294 - 2’s 661 - 3s & 4s 682. These will give me a total number of 4003 additional hair is my hairline and temples. This stage of the procedure takes around 3-4 hours and then we broke for lunch.
Lunch at the Hair Dr Clinic is provided for you and I had a lovely sandwich, tea, juice, fruit and goodies to my pleasure. Everyone eats and chats together too and you are not left alone. There is also a cool full size pool table incase anyone throws down a challenge. I remember from my first time around Helen is quite the pool shark so I kept quiet and did not challenge.
After Lunch we made our way back to the treatment room where Dr A was already there ready to begin. He started by numbing up my forehead and mid scalp where he will be making incisions for the new grafts to be placed. He also injects a solution under the scalp to lift the skin off the skull so that it is safer to make incisions. Dr A makes exactly 1637 incisions while technician Anna counts while he dose and since I can not feel a thing at this stage and sat up comfortably I ask Dr A if the tool he is using makes individual or multiple incisions. He answers “single incisions but its art”. He is carefully selecting where he wants the new grafts to be placed and where I need them… so yes it is art. This felt like it took around an hour max, but I ain’t clock watching and just chilling listening to music. Helen and Natasha then come and Dr A takes his break leaving his highly experienced technicians to place the grafts in the “beautiful Incisions” (their words) Dr A had made, making it a “joy to work with”. With the two technicians working together starting by using the 1s to strengthen the hairline and create a natural Widows peak for the first couple of rows, then the 2s, then 3s and 4s to fill in and mix in the mid scalp and temples. I am laid there literally wrapped in comfort because Helen placed extra pillows under my legs, bum and back thinking wow I am going to have some awesome hair after this! This took around 2 - 3 hours but you do not really have and idea of time as you are comfortable listening to music and chatting with the technicians while they give you awesome hair. Throughout the whole procedure and day I am asked how I am and if I need anything or the loo. At the end of the procedure and all the grafts are placed I am cleaned up, all grafts washed, vaseline put on the donor area and a bandage placed around my head to cover the donor area for the next 24 hours. Dr A and Sommiya are here to check and both are visibly thrilled and excited with the end result, which I said that filled me with joy before I have even seen myself! We make our way up to Dr Arshads office to take the post op medications and post op instructions given. Dr A gave me sheets of clear informative instructions day by day of the medication and dosage to take and when. A spray bottle and saline solution to spray the grafts and donor area every 2 hours to keep the grafts moist in this recent hot weather. It also helps with the crust when they form and any itching. Also I have some Sebamed shampoo for when I can gently wash my head over the sink after week 1. We then take that awaited look in the mirror and I am thrilled to see so many grafted hairs in the exact places I hoped to have more density. Also the stronger hairline with the added Widows peak looks amazing!! And I am thinking I am going to have hairstyles I have only dreamed of! We took some pictures and went for a drink in the canteen while my mate arrived for me.

Again the whole day was exciting, comfortable and fun. And I can not thank everyone at the Hair Dr Clinic for their part in making it such a relaxing experience, leaving me totally at ease from start to finish. I am so happy and confident in myself immediately and more so 2nd time around because I know full well what to expect and how fast once the hairs have shed and begin to grow after a few months. I am totally excited and grateful to Dr Arshad and the Hair Dr clinic team. Feel blessed that in the Christmas period of 2017 when I was googling hair transplants in the UK and near Leeds just to get an idea of what could be done and a price for me and my hair loss. I found the Hair Dr Clinic 20 mins drive away and after meeting them for me they was no Dr or team better. Going to Turkey would have never been an option for me and even going to London ect Likely would not have happened too with work and taking that first step.

Michael
mikes_fue_story

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190828_180900.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_180900.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 1,059
  • MVIMG_20190828_092742.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_092742.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 1,062
  • MVIMG_20190828_090551.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_090551.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 1,106
  • MVIMG_20190828_085151.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_085151.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 1,144
  • MVIMG_20190828_180100.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_180100.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 1,165
  • MVIMG_20190828_085850.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_085850.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 1,110
  • MVIMG_20190828_085139.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_085139.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 1,110
  • MVIMG_20190828_085132.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_085132.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 1,094
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Thanks for sharing your experience it sounds again like you had a positive experience which is nice to here. Looking at the pictures it's certainly going to improve you hair line density. Was the decision to lower the hairline slightly yours or did they recommend it?

Please keep us updated when it starts to grow.

best wishes BN

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Thanks BN
Yeah I know I'm in some of the absolute best hands in the industry. Dr A is amazing, great medical background, fully licensed and registered, and is all about the clients end result. I said "I bet it's tedious making thousands of individual incisions" and he replied "oh no it's art recreating a hairline and giving people hair back." Further more knowing I'm in the right hands and clinic as I felt first meeting them. Helen, Natasha and Anna all brilliant technicians, all with years of experience and all speak highly of Dr Arshad.
Yeah I'm going to get some crazy hair. Back in march we spoke about another 3000, on the day he said aiming for 2500 for me. And due to me having lots of folicles with 2/3/4 hairs in and enought 1s for the hairline and adjustment he took 1637 grafts which will give me 4003 more hairs exactly. So he dosent over harvest grafts and once in, accesses it and took what would give me the perfect density. My donor area healed up fast! And within days crust was falling in my shoulders. No discomfort too and all be great. Been fair haired too I ain't worried at all about it been patchy too. He took more from the sides and not from middle back of my head.
Yeah well the blue in the picture was taken off and he re drew it but forgot to ask to retake the picture.... Yeah we discussed the hairline as with this 2nd one he can focus more on the hairline and temples as the first procedure was to create a hairline and back up the mid scalp and sort my double crown. So yeah we decided and I fully trusted Dr Arshad with his opinion, knowledge and professionalism to lower it a bit and add the widow's peak. When I frown it makes the V shape anyways but I never thought of it and I totally got it when looked at the end result and immediately knew I can now have those hairstyles I've always wanted even before hair loss. We lowered it by say 1cm max! If that then the peak comes lower obviously.
Absolutely over the moon... Heck on that other new planet that's just been in news that's like earth 2 haha. Can't wait for it to all grow!

Absolutely will be updating all. I'm a bit behind on here as laptop been in for repair.... But if you use Instagram please take a look at my page mikes_fue__story

Thanks

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

@Edsarn thank you and yeah I am going to catch up! And same with you, looking forward to seeing your results ✌

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 1 post op: 24 hours after the procedure I removed the dressing that was on my donor area to allow air to it. All healing nice and no real pain or discomfort Just tender a bit same with the grafts. Taking my medication given by Dr A which is paracetamol, ibuprofen, steroid, antibiotics, finasteride as well as spraying a saline solution all over every 2 years to keep the grafts moist and clean during the current hot weather too. Compared to my first procedure thing do not look as red and sore this time and my friends and family also made this comment too. This could be my scalp/body been used to it or Dr A's new extraction tool and his technique.
Talking with Dr Arshad before we began about adding a widows peak and lowering the hairline a bit (not a low as pictures in previous post as he took that off and re drew it but I forgot to ask for another picture) was the perfect decision as soon as I saw it when all finished it looked amazing and thought of the hair styles I can now have, that I have never been able to have even before hair loss and it really dose suit me and when I frown I do have that V like shape. I knew I could trust Dr A with this alteration as he has great knowledge and experience and I know he is all about the patients end result. Because we are focusing on the hairline and temples density this time too it was the perfect opportunity strengthen the hairline.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190829_204535.jpg
    MVIMG_20190829_204535.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • MVIMG_20190829_204505.jpg
    MVIMG_20190829_204505.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 999
  • MVIMG_20190829_204435.jpg
    MVIMG_20190829_204435.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 862
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 2 post op: Donor area and grafts healing up nice and fast! Had a bit of a upset stomach first couple mornings like that 'I need to eat, but think I'l be sick if I eat' feeling. And bit loose in my number two's but not quite diarrhoea, sorry but going to be fully honest here (haha). Dr A said it could be me reacting to the steroids or antibiotics and made sure I felt ok. Once I had a cup of teal, toast and cereal along with the mornings meds I felt fine after and later on in the day. Still no pain of discomfort and just feeling a bit tender.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190830_201823.jpg
    MVIMG_20190830_201823.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 898
  • MVIMG_20190830_201819.jpg
    MVIMG_20190830_201819.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 862
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 4 post op: Healing up really well!! The donor area is more less healed.Compared to my first transplant this is looking like week 2! Feeling bit tender but no pain of discomfort and still using the travel pillow to sleep as I do not want to roll onto the grafts in my sleep. Also my stomach feeling fine today.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190901_103037.jpg
    MVIMG_20190901_103037.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 826
  • MVIMG_20190901_102959.jpg
    MVIMG_20190901_102959.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 802
  • MVIMG_20190901_102912.jpg
    MVIMG_20190901_102912.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 814
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 5 post op: Everything healing nice and fast! the red rash on my neck is not transplant related and my own skin flare up. I am loving the amount of grafts in the hairline and temples with the adjusted hairline and widows peak added. Dreaming of those future hairstyles.

Attachments

• IMG_20190902_214229.jpg
    IMG_20190902_214229.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 831
  • IMG_20190902_214252.jpg
    IMG_20190902_214252.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 812
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

1 Week post op: Today I get to wash my hair gently massaging with my fingertips and using Sebamed shampoo given to me by the Hair Dr Clinic. Most if not all the crusts will come off during this. I also still spraying my head with the saline solution every couple hours too to help keep grafts moist, loosen those crusts and keep head clean.

Attachments

• IMG_20190904_143410.jpg
    IMG_20190904_143410.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 813
  • IMG_20190904_143158.jpg
    IMG_20190904_143158.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 806
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Here is how it looks after that first shampoo wash. Crusts loosened up some fallen off. I washed my hair by using a generous amount of Sebamed shampoo gentle massaging with the bulbs of my finger tips and rinsing by pouring water gently over my head. No power shower!

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190904_233554.jpg
    MVIMG_20190904_233554.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 768
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Some 'behind the scenes' type photos for you. This time around I asked Dr Arshad and his team if it would be ok to take some pictures for me while I was having the procedure. They said it would be totally fine and I gave them my phone to take some snaps for me. So there is a photo of Anna, a young experienced technician counting my extracted grafts and counting how many hairs I have in them. And then we have my graft count sheet showing the total amounts taken. We have a total number of 1637 grafts consisting of 1s = 294 , 2s = 661 3s/4s = 682. This will give me an additional 4003 hairs in my strengthened hairline and temples. I am absolutely loving this and can not wait for them to fully re grow back having those awesome hairstyles and having the choice is an amazing feeling. Then we have a couple of photos of the meds, saline solution and Dr Arshad's follow up instructions which are very informative and easy to follow.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190828_195310.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_195310.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 765
  • MVIMG_20190830_191440.jpg
    MVIMG_20190830_191440.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 737
  • MVIMG_20190829_204711.jpg
    MVIMG_20190829_204711.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 702
  • MVIMG_20190828_110745.jpg
    MVIMG_20190828_110745.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG-20190830-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20190830-WA0015.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 753
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 10 post op: Some shot of the new grafts after a few more washes and the crust have practically cleared. Looking and feeling amazing and I am loving how it is looking already. My phones camera captures the grafts really well and show Dr A's amazing work and there is lots more can see with the eye as with my fair hair the lighter ones ain't picked up by the camera as much. Excited for the end result.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190907_200408.jpg
    MVIMG_20190907_200408.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 736
  • IMG_20190907_200527.jpg
    IMG_20190907_200527.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 760
  • IMG_20190907_200422.jpg
    IMG_20190907_200422.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 733
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

2 Weeks post op: All healing up nicely! crusts around the grafts have gone and just some dry flaky skin here and there. The donor area is looking great too, and my hair looks to be growing nicely around it. Not worried about it looking patchy ect as I know Dr A is highly experienced and dose not over harvest grafts ect. Just waiting for the shedding to start and so they can start the new regrowth. Looking and feeling like I have just had a buzz cut.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190911_131014.jpg
    MVIMG_20190911_131014.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 758
  • MVIMG_20190911_131047.jpg
    MVIMG_20190911_131047.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 727
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Day 16 post op: Bit of Shedding happening id say, especially in the hairline and widows peak. Still some redness but its is not sore. Skin still feels numb around the grafts which is normal and takes some time for the nerves all all to settle down. Only notice it when touching during the hair washes. Other then that it feels all normal and fine. Hair is growing fast and nice and expecting more shedding of the new grafts soon.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190913_113850.jpg
    MVIMG_20190913_113850.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 748
  • MVIMG_20190913_113821.jpg
    MVIMG_20190913_113821.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 717
P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hello its Philwuk
I'm just sending over some pics
I've shaved my hair a no 2 clipper
I had 350 fue into bottom scar in june this year so still early days
My question is what concealer would be best to hide my scar and gaps around my transplants with my hair being this short
I am not talking about smp,
Just the off the shelf concealers
Also what colour ?
Thanks for any advice

Attachments

• 20190914_122804.jpg
    20190914_122804.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 777
  • 20190914_122940.jpg
    20190914_122940.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 706
  • 20190914_122943.jpg
    20190914_122943.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 752
  • 20190914_123036.jpg
    20190914_123036.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 711
  • 20190914_122946.jpg
    20190914_122946.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 720
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

@philwuk Hi. Ok so you've had a transplant to put grafts into a bottom scar at the back of your hear? Is that right?
Yeah as for concealer and make up I have no idea I'm afraid but if it was me I'd look into them and go for a high end brand one and that ain't oily or anything that could make your scalp oily or irritated. I have a sensitive scalp and just chucked a load of hair products away as found they was causing a flare up. Maybe look into hair fibers too as are great to cover up and give a natural appearance and could be best till your hair grows back.

All the best

Thanks for the write up Mike, glad to see you are healing well and I look forward to following your progress.

Surgeon Representative and Patient Advisor for Dr.Arshad - Leading the way in hair restoration.

Last edited:
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

1 Month post op: Away at the caravan this week and here is a update. Will be getting a haircut when I get home.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20190913_113850.jpg
    MVIMG_20190913_113850.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 692
  • MVIMG_20190913_113821.jpg
    MVIMG_20190913_113821.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 724
Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

29/9/19
Ha a haircut today. Just tidy up the back and sides blended into to top as I had nothing taken off on top. Advise not to use clippers on the new grafts as of yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20190929_114913.jpg
    IMG_20190929_114913.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 748
  • MVIMG_20190929_115207.jpg
    MVIMG_20190929_115207.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 623
  • MVIMG_20190929_115144.jpg
    MVIMG_20190929_115144.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 672
  • IMG_20190929_114904.jpg
    IMG_20190929_114904.jpg