• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

3200 grafts with The HairDR - dewsbury (UK)

Siyork89

Siyork89

Just Had my FUE on Monday 10th February, (a week ago)

I was a Norwood 4/5 and had a total of around 3200 grafts

I firstly came to the hair dr due to it being one of the highest rated FuE clinics in the UK and the reputation of Dr Arshad and his staff being exemplary.

I paid for 2900 grafts but received 3200 in the end- an extra 300 grafts for free as DR Arshad felt this would benefit my crown, this is something he didn’t have to do but kindly did so anyway

I’m super scared of injections to the point I pass out involuntarily whenever I have had them in the past

to be honest the process was that good that I could easily do it all again - injections and all!

The most uncomfortable part was being sat in the chair for so long, this isn’t a problem though as the staff will stop whenever you need to take a rest!

The technicians who implant the hair work very hard and have been know to work all the way through to early morning when needed, they had a long day with myself (8 am till 8pm)

The grafts were implanted expertly and despite hitting my head 2 or 3 times over the days after (including when getting into the car immediately after the procedure) the grafts have healed up fine and after my latest checkup all is well!

I’m a huge wuss when it comes to medical procedures but I have to say, anyone thinking of doing it just go for it!

I’m already considering going back for more once my hair grows fully (6 months to a year)

There was no pain during or after the procedure (injection discomfort aside)

The worst it got was a slight tingling from the healing a few days in but this went within a day, which is probably the best praise I can give in regards to the Hair DR - it really was painless

Amazing

Somiya is fantastic and has been ready at all times to answer my questions after the procedure via text whenever I needed her to.

The kind lady on the front is amazing and has a great relationship with staff and patients, a real asset to the company!

(will be posting updates and results as time goes on)

First photo is before,
second photo is 10 days after the procedure
Third photo is donor area, 7 days after the procedure

Attachments

• Dr Arshad before hair transplant.jpeg
    Dr Arshad before hair transplant.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,522
  • Dr Arshad after hair transplant.jpeg
    Dr Arshad after hair transplant.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 1,477
  • Dr Arshad Donor area after hair transplant.jpeg
    Dr Arshad Donor area after hair transplant.jpeg
    146.1 KB · Views: 1,242
Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Siyork89

Good to hear you had a great experience at the clinic and that you didn`t pass out with the injections. 3200 grafts should produce a very nice result for you. I think you will be happy once it`s grown out but hair greed does tend to kick in and you want more. Your donor and recipient area looks to have healed very well.
Are you taking any hair loss medications to prevent future loss?
All the best.
Bm.

Siyork89

Siyork89

Thanks

Yeah I’m taking 1mg a day of finasteride

I’ve taken a much closer picture of the grafts on top earlier in the week

you can actually see the difference between the new hairs, which are healthier, thicker and deeper in colour and the existing hairs that have been thinned by DHT over time

Existing hairs should return to normal health with the finasteride hopefully

The HairDr Leeds.jpeg

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The Finasteride will hopefully help dormant follicles grow and miniaturised hairs strengthen, as well as helping the newly transplanted hairs.
The new hairs are definitely thicker in caliber than your existing hairs.
For adding pictures, your phone needs to be in portrait mode and the images slightly smaller. If they load upside down, we will correct them.

T

Todd

You will probably be happy after a year, no need foranother one.

Siyork89

Siyork89

How's everything looking now?
Growth has started in the last couple of weeks

Hit the 4 month mark yesterday and looking forward to the next few months! (Pics attached)

The double photo: first one after shedding phase , second picture taken at month 4

(I have applied minox in these photos so it will look slightly wet)

F04A2D1A-2991-46CD-91A2-5BC8930BE5A2.png
96CB07F6-0ABA-482F-993B-BDC4A37FB1B9.png
17C1A505-FA68-4359-B1AF-E4CD5D8B7C73.png

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Things are starting to happen now with your new hairline taking shape. I see it looks like all the redness has subsided too. In the next 3 months patients usually experience a nice burst of growth.
Thanks for the update. I`ll look forward to the next one.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
looking good. Ive just booked in for July 2020 at the Hair Dr

Siyork89

Siyork89

More 4 month update photos

before and after:

Attachments

• 6E715EDD-CE7E-47DA-AE58-5086BEACE796.jpeg
    6E715EDD-CE7E-47DA-AE58-5086BEACE796.jpeg
    102.4 KB · Views: 1,197
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good at 4 months. You must be happy with the progress so far.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
I’d be one happy man with that result at 4 months

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Congrats dude your hair is starting to.take shape and already we can see an improvement....the coming months are gonna be an exciting time now pal, happy for you :)

CharlesRobinson

CharlesRobinson

thanks for posting this. This will decrease my threat and now i happily take the treatment of hair transplant in the UK.

Siyork89

Siyork89

6 month update:

Current before and after: (front)

Attachments

• 288DB3A5-C5A8-4ED9-8DB4-6AA1622A43EA.jpeg
    288DB3A5-C5A8-4ED9-8DB4-6AA1622A43EA.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 1,015
  • 73D2AF62-E41F-408C-92DE-2C75B273CBBD.jpeg
    73D2AF62-E41F-408C-92DE-2C75B273CBBD.jpeg
    81.1 KB · Views: 897
  • 524A98CE-4F58-4F1B-8184-BE24746C7075.png