• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

35 year old woman losing my hair.

V

VX43S

valued member
I started noticing my hair loss when I was in my late twenties. As the years passed by I began to lose more and more hair. I am now losing hair at an exceptional rate and I have no idea what to do about it.
My hair is very thin, I can see my scalp. I have gone to a doctor, all my blood work is normal, I have no skin problems which could cause this. I am at a loss. Concealers help out but I can`t style my hair or risk being caught out in the wind or rain.

There isn €™t a day that goes by where I`m happy as this is consuming my life. I don €™t know what to do about it. It would really help if anyone has any advice. I feel devastated.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear this, maybe have some consultations with Ht clinics to see if they know what's causing your hair to thin. Have you had a Thyroid test as that could be a possible cause.

C

Coopman

Valued member
Sorry to hear of your predicament.

Have you tried Rogaine foam it drys in less than 10minutes? From my time spent on forums I have known some to get good results. There is a big difference in the results from those using 2% which is marketed towards women and the 5%. Results can be seen in less than 4mths.

In respect of concealors there is a big difference in powders that you shake onto your head like Toppik and Mane which you spray onto your hair. Worth experimenting with different types and you will need a lock in hairspray (firm hold) to keep it in place.
In respect to wind and rain with a thickening spray like Mane and a firm hold hairspray, I have played semi pro football and been swimming and I have never been busted in 15years. Do not cake it on though.

In respect of HTs, I would do careful research on who you would opt to work on you.

Is your thinning on the top of your head only? Or are the back and sides affected as well?

If you post some clear close up pics, there are some wiser heads on here than me that may help you with their opinions.

I wish you well.

Even Though hair loss is considered typically as domain of ageing, It can affect virtually anyone. It can be caused due to several reasons like hormonal imbalance, nutritional deficits, harsh hairstyles, medication, ageing, etc. Treatment can be suggested only after considering these factors. In your case you don €™t have any skin problems, But you never mentioned your treatment history or lifestyle here. Hair loss is common in your age, but the condition is worse if you can see your scalp. It is better to consider hair transplantation. now there are advanced technologies in these fields. You can maintain your natural look and self esteem by this method. All the best.

G

Usually in women, size of hairs increases for two to six years and then they fall down. The number of newly grown hairs is always equal to fallen hairs therefore the hair loss is negligible to be noticed.

Possibility causes of hair loss in women due to Ageing, Hormone changes while menopause and fertility, hair loss from parent €™s level, variety of skin issues, autoimmune disorders, severe illness and surgical treatments, deficiency of vitamins and minerals in body, unwanted use of chemicals and cosmetic items on hairs, and consumption of unproven medicines for hair loss cure.

You should avoid sharing of combs.
You must drink more then 2 litre water in a day.

Hair fall can be treated with hair transplant. It refers to the transfer of strong and permanent hair follicles that are removed from the denser area following the specialized techniques and the extracted roots are implanted in the bald areas of scalp to increase the hair density.

NO LINKS ALLOWED

....................................................................................

baldasabadger10

baldasabadger10

Valued member
Coopman wrote:
In respect of concealors there is a big difference in powders that you shake onto your head like Toppik and Mane which you spray onto your hair. Worth experimenting with different types and you will need a lock in hairspray (firm hold) to keep it in place.
In respect to wind and rain with a thickening spray like Mane and a firm hold hairspray, I have played semi pro football and been swimming and I have never been busted in 15years. Do not cake it on though.
I have tried both types of concealors too, and find that the spray allows me to live a more active life without the fear of being rumbled.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi there, did you find a solution to your hair thinning.

mariaabril

mariaabril

I didn't know that much about this. The laser therapy worked well for me.

V

VX43S

valued member
I travelled to Turkey for a hair transplant... So far so good.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
VX43S wrote:
I travelled to Turkey for a hair transplant... So far so good.

Congrats on your surgery, it would be great if you would document it.

J

Johan

Hello,I am a certified dermotrichologist and what you need is a dermotrichological treatment. We've recently opened new clinic in the UK (already have clinics in other parts of Europe and the USA) - please come for an assessment. Although we are new to the UK, we have more than 20 years of experience in treating various hair and scalp disorders, such as alopecia areata, scalp seborrhea, psoriasis, and more. We only use natural products and treatments, which have earned the support of the International Association of Trichologists. Hope to speak to you soon.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Hi Joanne could you elaborate more on these natural treatments please?

C

Canadian Institute of Hair

Hi VX43S,

Can we get to know your hair transplant surgery result? How €™s your life after getting hair transplant surgery and what changes you have made in your regimen?

F

fras

mariaabril wrote:
Laser therapy is working well. But the cost is little high and few people body condition is not suitable for this method. My small suggestion is natural remedy is good for body health and also hair health. ¬b`

A

AshleighLott

Hi,

I know this is an old thread but I would like to check in with VX43S to see if she pursued any solution for this, and if so how did it work out? I am asking because I have had my own fair share of experiences with hair loss and I know just how challenging it can be.

I noticed that someone suggested rogaine up above and I would say that this really helps. Although, a word of warning for when you do use rogaine. It tends to go through cycles, so you will notice times where you hair is really full and other times where it is not. There is no need to worry if you experience this, it is merely part of the cycle that the rogaine treatment tends to go through.

C

chunmayers

fras wrote:
mariaabril wrote:
Laser therapy is working well. But the cost is little high and few people body condition is not suitable for this method. My small suggestion is natural remedy is good for body health and also hair health. ¬b`
I totally agree with you, laser therapy does not suits everyone. Natural remedies can help effectively without any side effects. Hair has a important protein called keratin which helps hairs to grow and strengthen it. Indian nuts can be effective as they are candle nuts with multi vitamin, minerals, and protein. Also you can do is, start applying Castro oil. It has properties of anti-hair fall and help in hair regrowth in just few weeks.