• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

5 Month Update

NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

4,060 grafts w/dr Hasson on April 21'st. NO flash in any pics.

I haven't cut the top since the day of surgery, and have only trimmed the sides myself ~2 months ago. I threw in this styling putty for these shots. I'm still wearing a hat until the kinkiness resolves itself; I'm sure I could get a cut and make it work, but I'm just waiting, then Ill go get a real haircut.

I'm hesitant to post these because some of them turned out so blurry, sorry. All in all I'm honestly astonished at my growth for five months. I was never sure what exactly to expect w/all of the talk of an "illusion", but it doesn't look or feel (since I stroke it 4,060 times a day :T: ) like an illusion to me; it feels like the real deal & I can't remember the last time I've had *this* much hair, the age of 19 maybe (?). My only current 'concerns' are:

1- the hair is kinky/wavy and as such has a tendancy to "fall back" as can be seen from the top down shot. But, this is to be expected and is only temporary as the hair matures.

2-there's a couple spots on the corners of the hairline that are still a bit thin and the scalp can be seen, but again I'm ONLY five months out!!! It's truly remarkable, and insane to me. I love it!

Hopefully I can take some better quality pics soon and show it in various conditions, (i.e. wet, dry w/no product etc...)

As an aside, I know I haven't posted on any threads in a long time, I just haven't felt like it and everytime I come on I haven't seen any updates from anyone I recognize. I'm posting these to help anyone whose on the fence about a ht, and for anyone whose been following my case and wondered how it's turning out.

Attachments

• 009 (2).JPG
    009 (2).JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,017
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

here you can see how wavy it is & how the sides of the hairline kind of "falls back" due to it's immature texture. In my last update my hair looks straight, the reason why is because I took those shots right after I washed it and towel dried it, the hair will stay straight for like 20 minutes then curl up again.

Attachments

• 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 980
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

this is the lighting conditions in which these pics were taken: *directly* under the bathroom lights. I need to take some under direct sunlight to show as well. I opened my sunroof the other day under the DIRECT light of (san diego) high noon sun, and I was expecting the density to plummet, but to my surprise the only area where scalp was noticable was on the two corners/sides of my hairline that I mentioned still have thickening to come. Before the ht, I could see my ENTIRE scalp under my sunroof!

Attachments

• 010 (2).JPG
    010 (2).JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 999
north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi NG, looking fantastic mate, soon be looking like a yeti at this rate, can you get any outside pics cheers NCB

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good NG,pictures are very blurry though.You need a new camera.

You look to have great growth so far.

Be good to see you back on here posting away.

bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
yeah looking cool dude thrilled for ya ¬b`

janna

janna

Valuable Member
A slight wave to your hair is optimal. You are very fortunate that you are fast grower too. Good for you NG! Looking great. After all the research and hanging out on the ht forums wondering if you should take the plunge or not - so glad it's worked out well for you. Had a feeling you'd be pleased once you went through with it.

Appreciate the updates. I'm sure others are happy to follow along too.

S

solar panel

Valued member
NG,

Thats is an envious head of hair your sporting looks amazing, you mention if you looked at it under the sunroof you could see the scalp was this in a horseshoe pattern ? Do you feel you've had any regrowth from Fin? b/c your crown looks as dense as the front 2/3 that where TP into?

congrats

SP

PS. keep posting updates b/c we have very similar HL there are'nt many DT out there who post there results.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
hey dude just been looking at the second to last pic exposing the hairline you posted entitled preop and was curious as to how many grafts you had transplanted to your wrist)(_::man you have hairy hands:T:

Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Soaking Wet

Thanks for all the kind comments guys and gal. Do you guys think I still have a lot of growth and thickening to come? I've been such an early grower, I wonder how much I have left?

NCB- I have a tiny *covered* patio, but I'll try and get some outdoor shots soon.

BM- ya, these are much better quality pics now.

Janna- thanks for always being there answering all of my questions & helping me to make this decision. Your care was above and beyond, thanks.

Solar, re sunroof: the area of scalp I was reffering to was at the front of the sides of the hairline, I can't see my crown in my rear view mirror so I don't know how it looks under the sun. Re fin, hmm it's tough to say because it's only been five months ( I should have been taking monthly crown pics ;;D ) but I *think* the hair at the lowest part of my crown has darkened in color, which the hair previously was EXTREMELY light in color compared to everywhere else, and that is a classic sign of miniturization; hopefully I caught it in time, we'll see.

BN, LOL ya, Im a hairy beast!

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 940
Last edited:
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Soaking Wet Anchor Man Do

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 982
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

Dry No Product

here you can see how immature the hairs still are.

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 963
NotGoing2GoBald

NotGoing2GoBald

With Product

this is why I'm still wearing a hat, it looks pretty goofy like this. Granted, I haven't had a haircut but it's just too hard to style w/the kinky texture of the hair. When all is said and done, I hope the hair behind the transplanted area is thick enough to get away w/the style I want. Time and a haircut will tell.

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 987
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Much better pictures NG.

Your hair looks on course tobeing a great result,it appears you have a few native hairs in the front from your youthful hairline.Happy times ahead for you i guess.

bm.