• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

9 Months + 1 Week Results w/Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Surgery Date: 1/28/09

Post Op Pics taken 11/5/09 €“ 9 months and 1 week.

1 €™s €“ 818

2 €™s €“ 1609

3 €™s €“ 383

4 €™s €“ 69

DFU €™s €“ 215

Total Grafts €“ 3094[/b] (3309 FU Equivalent) = 6536 Hairs[/b]

[/b]

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Hattingen Hair

Hattingen Hair

Valued member
Nice work as usual. Greetings from Switzerland!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great,very natural result.

This post getting a lot of views,thats so "refreshing" to see.

The forum is definately getting busier.

Thanks for posting this result Janna.

bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looks superb and totally natural, i like the hairline up close picture. Great result!!!

thanks for posting;)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi,

DFU (double follicular unit) are two follicular units kept intact, which are lined up one fu after another in a thin row. We plant these grafts in the central core to give better density. Here is an example of what dfu's look like under the microscope and what it looks like once planted.

Attachments

• DFU photo.JPG
    DFU photo.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 760
janna

janna

Valuable Member
We've taken a close up shot at 9 months post op of the DFU's -

Attachments

• Short closeup.JPG
    Short closeup.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 773
janna

janna

Valuable Member
When the DFU's are utilized appropriately, they serve better than cutting the fu's down and planting them close together as possible. We feel you can't get them any closer than what occurs naturally.

Attachments

• DFU-9mos.jpg
    DFU-9mos.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 777
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Once the DFU grafts are grown out, you cannot detect them.

Attachments

• DFU9moscircled.jpg
    DFU9moscircled.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 771
janna

janna

Valuable Member
No problem JJ09. Our clinic has addressed questions about DFU's on many occassions. Some clinics think we are "old school" because we utilize DFU's. We have a reputation for producing natural results for many years.....longer than I've worked for SMG. Back 10-15 years ago, we were producing great results with 1500-2000 grafts and one of reasons is due to DFU's. I've personally seen many of our past patients with DFU's and it's tough to figure out exactly where the DFU's were planted - the only way is that I know where they are normally planted. DFU's are not appropriate in every patient but knowing when and how to use them are key to producing great, natural results.

Hattingen Hair

Hattingen Hair

Valued member
With the right hair characteristics, and strategically placed (surrounded by nice pure FU's) DFU's can bring very nice results.

Cheers from Switzerland

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hey Dr. S. Good to hear from you. Hope you and Dr. L are doing well. Maybe I can make my way to visit you two in the coming year.

Warm regards to both of you.