• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

10 842 FUE Grafts over 5 Operations (3000 Dr De Reys in 2013; 1800 Dr De Reys 2014; 1200 Dr Reddy 2017; 3133 Dr Arshad 2019; 1709 with Seneca 2023)

R

Rocketman

This is a really interesting read Edsarn. It's curious how alike our stories are. I too have really good and dense donor, i certainly agree that thick donor makes the recipient area look worse than it really is. I keep my hair at 0 around the sides and a 3.5mm on top. If i grow my hair any longer, it looks obvious I have had work. I'm hopeful my forthcoming transplant will make be my last 1 for at least 10 years. I will get Olli at Appear natural in Kent to do some more smp work, to hide the scarring from the donor area. I look forward to hearing more about your journey mate (y)

E

Edsarn

Thanks @Rocketman man. With my hair, it has never looked great when it is quite short - up to about 2-3 cm on top, but it gets a bit longer it seems to look better. I will update my 3 month pics shortly.

E

Edsarn

Here are my 3 month post-op pictures. I feel my donor is now looking really good. Just waiting for my new hairs to grow....
C665ADB7-94FF-4273-BA54-B5669ECF1D41.jpeg
A77BA7C0-21C7-434F-B813-E66CBB735155.jpeg
812BFDDE-B811-4FF4-AFBE-DDB4E51EDB81.jpeg

Good growth!

Surgeon Representative and Patient Advisor for Dr.Arshad - Leading the way in hair restoration.

Last edited:
R

Risingforehead

Your donor area looks better at this hair length. Sometimes people can have a sweet spot where their hair looks good at that particular length, I think this is your sweet spot.

E

Edsarn

Your donor area looks better at this hair length. Sometimes people can have a sweet spot where their hair looks good at that particular length, I think this is your sweet spot.

thanks @Risingforehead I’ve continued growing my hair, and think my donor looks even better a bit longer. I will keep an eye on it to find the best length

E

Edsarn

4 MONTH UPDATE

There are now lots of new fine hairs in my hairline. They are much shorter than my existing hair.

I am really pleased with how my donor is responding too. It seems to be getting better all of the time, as it grows.

I might even be tempted to get some temple work done, as I think I could use more, especially from the sides.....who knows.....will wait and see
2EED7638-8ED1-4E2F-B23C-755DF08E2566_1_201_a.jpeg
AD6C9653-4EFA-4BBA-9190-90814A5464DB_1_201_a.jpeg

4 MONTH UPDATE

There are now lots of new fine hairs in my hairline. They are much shorter than my existing hair.

I am really pleased with how my donor is responding too. It seems to be getting better all of the time, as it grows.

I might even be tempted to get some temple work done, as I think I could use more, especially from the sides.....who knows.....will wait and see

That´s good to hear @Edsarn , very happy you are seeing improvements at this early stage in the hair growth. As well as how your donor area is feeling. Good growth for the future!

Last edited:
B

Bandit

4 MONTH UPDATE

Do you have a side profile picture, looks fine to me.

Hi @Bandit here the pictures from the side. Think some temple work could frame my face better.

It can be very subjective when designing a new hairline, some may like the more pointed temple whereas others, like @Edsarn would like it to be slightly rounded off to create an angle to frame the face more. Assuming it always looks natural and technically possible then it really comes down to how the individual feels.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good. Everything seems to be right on track at this stage. Exciting times ahead.

E

Edsarn

Thanks @Bigmac. Really happy with my progress and would say it’s got better since my last update. Will add some more pictures at 6 months.

E

Edsarn

7 MONTH UPDATE

Here are my 7 month update pictures. There is a definite improvement, even though I am no longer taking any hair meds. I have noticed some shedding recently as I have been taking a high dose of a medication abs there is clinical evidence of hair loss. Hopefully I won’t be on that for long. I’ve definitely noticed my hair is not quite as thick as it was.
08A924DD-B194-498B-87BF-2DB057DEEE0D.jpeg
86A909BB-5235-41B3-B637-E5BA5601FEDA.jpeg
BAE3A90A-4227-4DE4-906C-D7B8DF9FA834.jpeg
D292494C-3329-49B3-9AD7-AE029A8C40E0.jpeg
0169650D-9FCD-4603-879D-BBF941FC4F9D.jpeg

E

Edsarn

2 days after posting my pictures, and after encouragement from the missus, I’ve shaved my head. She loves it like this. As it’s unlikely I’ll be able to have a haircut for a while (Covid19 lockdown), I decided to go for it. I hope she will reward my efforts.... Wearing my hair longer covers my crown better, but I like my hair from the front.
CC7D2873-63A4-4201-9400-FA7516062878.jpeg
3C342563-AF9E-4115-99E2-AD57A5D5A99C.jpeg
AB9C710A-B517-4347-9DFC-6E2CAC6C5F73.jpeg

R

Rocketman

It looks really good shaved and grown out mate. I'd get some SMP work done to increase the illusion of your density mate. I did that and it's improved it drastically. I'm not sure where you are based, but the guy who done mine is in Kent and is really good.

I find my transplant has framed my face, makes me feel my age, rather than 50 odd

E

Edsarn

Cheers @Rocketman man! I definitely plan to have SMP when the lockdown ends. Out of curiosity, can you have your hair both longer abs shaved or do they do SMP differently (colouring) if you plan to where your head shaved vs long? I Know that might seem a silly question, it just wondered. Do you wear your hair at different lengths? Is there an optimal length?

My crown is pretty patchy now my hair has grown. I think my optimal length is a little longer, especially given the number of grafts. I would like SMP in my crown. I would be a NW6 now, but am happy to have a hairline!!

I’m based up north, so Kent might be too far. There seems to be some good folk round here, who have had training in America. Will look into it more.

Out of interest, how much did you pay for crown work?