• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

10 842 FUE Grafts over 5 Operations (3000 Dr De Reys in 2013; 1800 Dr De Reys 2014; 1200 Dr Reddy 2017; 3133 Dr Arshad 2019; 1709 with Seneca 2023)

E

Edsarn

It is now 18 months since I had my 4th hair transplant with the @HairDr Clinic. I decided to provide some updates, because I feel my hair has improved since the 12 month mark. This happened with my previous surgeries too.

The reason I posted this is because not everyone has full growth early on, and for some, it takes time to get the final result

I’m currently not taking any meds for my hair due to sides.

I plan on getting another 1000 grafts - donor allowing - with @HairDr Clinic in 2022 - just to add some more density to my crown.

46EC100E-7D91-4EB2-B24B-6CD28FA5391F.jpeg
81BC33AE-584A-4523-9B30-B688A9093C21.jpeg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Edsam.
The picture quality is not the best but your hair is looking good. Like you, there are people that experience growth and maturity past the 12 months mark.
Going for a possible 5th surgery, hair greed is kicking in.
Thanks for the update.

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Hey Adam hope all is well. Hair is looking great! And going for a 5th!!!! wow youve some crazy donor hair haha.
You educated me on some points with Hair transplants and i would agree that cases can take longer than some.

E

Edsarn

Hi Mike, all is good thanks - other than homeschooling and working, which is killing me, very slowly! How are you? Have you been furloughed? Loving the quiff in your profile picture. Your hair looks so thick at the front.

I am going for a consultation later in the year with Dr A to see if he can extract any more from my donor, to add a bit more density to the crown. I've come this far, so why not one more, if I can. Not sure though, although my donor does feel pretty strong still, especially when it's a bit longer. Hoping I might be able to get another 1000 grafts or so. I just can't bring myself to go back on the finasteride, even though I know it would really help. I feel so much better when I am not on it, and I hate taking pills!

Mikes FUE Story

Mikes FUE Story

Haha! I can imagine!!! Hopefully not too long now! Im good obviously business closed but i been doing bits and just started decorating the function room so that and walking the dog keeping me sane. HA! thanks its much longer now and it more like Zack's from saved by the bell.
Yeah its crazy how many youve had and Im sure that you can spare up to a thousand more :p.
Yes Thankfully its not effected me but still slight worries there especially when hear/read things so i tend not to. I feel fine, everything working (HA) so im happy.
Aint there nothing now that is as effective as finasteride?

E

Edsarn

I’ve debated about taking finasteride again. I started when I was 25 and cycled on and off for a few years.

I’m now in my 40s, and my best mate had a stroke and another mate has got cancer, so
I’ve decided to live as clean as I can in terms of my diet and lifestyle. Taking it would go against this. I’m a bit torn, as I respond well to it, it don’t think I’ll ever go back to it for these reasons, even if my donor won’t yield another 1k to 1.5k grafts.

H

HairHunter

Valued member
I think the shaved style looks class, very natural.

E

Edsarn

I think the shaved style looks class, very natural.
Thanks @HairHunter. My missus likes it too.

The only problem is that from behind, you can see the horseshoe line between my donor and transplanted hair. I guess SMP could cover that. I have thought about that, but am going to see if I transplant some more hair into my c

H

HairHunter

Valued member
It might be worth experimenting with your clippers, I see what you are talking about with the contrast.

If you could shave the back and sides tighter than the top it may improve the contrast. Eg open bare blade on the sides and back, #1 on top.

E

Edsarn

Good suggestion! That could work. Think
I might give that a try

S

SimBa

Looks like you've had a good result mate. So £20k for a barnet to rock seems to have been money well spent, right ?

E

Edsarn

Ha ha! I think I’ve spent around 14k for my 9000 grafts, but am happy with that given how expensive HTs are now. I had my first op back in 2012 when the pound was a lot stronger and I think Dr Rudi De Reys charged around two euros per graft. Managed to negotiate a good deal with Dr Reddy and Dr Arshad charged £2 per graft when I had my surgery.

Still not quite done!! Going to get 1000 beard grafts transplanted in my crown. I would be a NW6 and don’t take meds. My crown is ok, but will be spot on with another 1000 grafts.

S

SimBa

Ha ha! I think I’ve spent around 14k for my 9000 grafts, but am happy with that given how expensive HTs are now. I had my first op back in 2012 when the pound was a lot stronger and I think Dr Rudi De Reys charged around two euros per graft. Managed to negotiate a good deal with Dr Reddy and Dr Arshad charged £2 per graft when I had my surgery.

Still not quite done!! Going to get 1000 beard grafts transplanted in my crown. I would be a NW6 and don’t take meds. My crown is ok, but will be spot on with another 1000 grafts.
Good for you bud and glad you're happy, I wasn't joshing but was asking.

E

Edsarn

No problem! I’m glad I’ve done it, although I have spent 6 long days in operations. Dr De Reys extracted the grafts manually, which is very slow.

E

Edsarn

It has been @Kevboy. I’m still not 100% happy as the left side of my crown needs some work as I still use fibres there and have to style it in a certain way. The right side is fine, but it was such a large area for Dr Arshad to fill.

If I could tolerate finasteride, I would not need another surgery, as I respond really well to it.

I will get another 1000 beard grafts transplanted at some point, just not sure when.

E

Edsarn

Is the topical version an option for you?
Unfortunately not. I tried that last summer, and I must be really sensitive, because whenever I take it, I seem to catch quite a few colds. I know there is no clinical evidence that finasteride effects a person's immune system, but I never feel great on it and seem to pick things up much more than I do when I am not taking it.