• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

After care experiences please ?

H

hopeful

After almost having FUE I am at the stage where I feel much more ready to have a procedure.
I am basically hoping to get an appointment which would work for me in terms of time off work etc and although the clinic will give me after care plan I would like to understand what I can & can’t do after my procedure and for how long ? I’m aware I need to relax after treatment but what about the likes of walking the dog etc . How long before I can start doing some exercise (running etc )
I’m told I can wear a hat after one week .
many info is appreciated to help me understand what is exactly required.
thanks in advance

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
When I had my surgery with SMG I wore a loose fitting ball cap straight away without any issues. As long as it’s not tight on the head or touching the grafts I believe it’s ok.
If your clinic advises not to wear one, you could ask why but best to stick to their post op care plan.
Post op varies from clinic to clinic.
You can walk the dog the next day. Usually around 2 weeks is ok to resume running.
Lifting weights I was advised 2 weeks by my doctor.
My HT turned out good doing the above.
Hope that helps.

H

hopeful

When I had my surgery with SMG I wore a loose fitting ball cap straight away without any issues. As long as it’s not tight on the head or touching the grafts I believe it’s ok.
If your clinic advises not to wear one, you could ask why but best to stick to their post op care plan.
Post op varies from clinic to clinic.
You can walk the dog the next day. Usually around 2 weeks is ok to resume running.
Lifting weights I was advised 2 weeks by my doctor.
My HT turned out good doing the above.
Hope that helps.
I guess it’s a case of protecting the grafts the very best you can - although it will drive me mad not being able to train I’m sure I can manage & it will be worth it ! Do you know why it’s a couple of weeks before you can train ?
Waking the dogs is a must however should it be raining I would surely have to wear a hat ?
cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
If you wear a loose fitting hat that does not touch the grafts it’s ok. Otherwise you could use an umbrella.
2 weeks for training is usually heavy lifting. Lifting lighter weights after a week should be fine but it is best to follow the advice of your doctor.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
This link explains some reasons why.