• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Am i in denial?

Taproot88

Taproot88

I'm 35, always thought that if i made to 30 without hair loss i'm set for life, i don't have alopecia genes, but 2 years ago i started worrying about the space aroud the temples so i went to a dermatologist and he told me that the hair in the front are not shorter compared to the hair in the back so it looks like is not hair loss but if i'm worried i can take finastride...well the fact that he said made me actually worry because made me realise that doctors don't have an accurate test for hair loss...

Now i don't know if i'm paranoid but i see the space at the temples going bigger, now i must say i have seborrheic dermatitis, the skin is very irritated and i'm tryig to control it with different product, one of them is ketokenozole which is good for hair loss too

i don't have specific pictures of my hairline because i believed what the doctor said 2 years ago, but i searched for old pictures where you can see the hairline and made a video yesterday, what do you think? i want to do anything to keep hair and fill that space, i'm not worried about sid effects, i'm worried about my hair

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 17.26.42.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 17.26.48.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 17.26.54.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 17.27.02.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-12-27 at 17.27.09.jpeg

loui

loui

Valued member
Your hair dont look any different now from back then? I belive you do not lose hair.

Taproot88

Taproot88

Your hair dont look any different now from back then? I belive you do not lose hair.
Thank you for your answer

2 years i noticed a space around the temples and went to the doc, he said he didn't notice hair loss but i could take fin for safety, i took it just for 1 month and stopped... I said docs can't be wrong why take fin for no reason

Now to be honest i notice an ugly space on temples and I'm sad about it, unfortunately i never took pictures so i don't know if it's always been like that... I'm a person who almost never took pictures..

Even if i don't have hair loss and it's just mature hair line i want to fill that space with minoxidil or hair transplant

It's impossibile for me to know if it's always been like that because now I'm more self conscious about it before i wasn't, now the space seems too big... But maybe it's a psychological effect of beign too concious

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Your hair looks good. I don’t see a difference between the years. It is possible your temple corners have receded slightly. Could be ever so slight that it doesn’t show on your picture.
Try not to worry about it.

Taproot88

Taproot88

Your hair looks good. I don’t see a difference between the years. It is possible your temple corners have receded slightly. Could be ever so slight that it doesn’t show on your picture.
Try not to worry about it.
thank you for your reply, well if indeed the temples receeded wy i should not worry? it means i have the genes, i'll have to do something about it before it's too late

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
thank you for your reply, well if indeed the temples receeded wy i should not worry? it means i have the genes, i'll have to do something about it before it's too late

Males will usually recede in the temple area. Sometimes it is very gradual that you hardly notice. An older mature hairline taking shape. It doesn`t mean you’re going to lose more hair. If you believe you’re losing hair, then meds are the best way to help. Otherwise, take quality pictures to monitor it. Maybe mark the area out for reference and compare in a year.