• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Another advice on a Turkish clinic

S

Superhans

Hi everyone

I've been reading the forum a lot in the last month or so as I've finally built up the courage to go for this. Feels exciting to think about a world potentially without worrying about hair fibers running in the rain or a high wind exposing my balding head...

I have been looking at Turkish clinics and as everyone knows it's a bit of a minefield. I've tried to stick to ones that have had youtube video diaries from people and avoiding ones that have received horror reviews on here. I have narrowed it down to:

- AEK clinic - Dr Karadeniz seems honest in his videos and does incisions. Certainly a good price considering (around £2200 for 5000-6000 hairs, not grafts)
- Cosmedica- bit dearer but generally gets good reviews
- vera clinic - I've been really impressed with some of their results but haven't seen anything on prices.
- Dr Serkin Aygin - looks professional. Fue saphire for £1900 or dhi for 2400. Both include laser treatment, although I've not seen much info on this elsewhere.

I've also spoken to Longevita and Dr Cinik whose packages seemed attractive, but I've read various mixed reviews, reports of them being hair mills etc.

If anyone has any experience of these clinics I'd be very grateful for any help at all. Pictures of my head attached!

20210204_004159.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Have you had graft estimates from the clinics or you just reading their website pricing?

S

Superhans

I've had various graft estimates to be honest. 5000-6000 hairs from AEK, 4200 grafts from Serkin Aygin, 3000-3500 from Dr Cinik and 3500 from Elithair.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
When you say - Dr Serkin Aygin - looks professional. Fue saphire for £1900 or dhi for 2400. Both include laser treatment, although I've not seen much info on this elsewhere.

The difference is DHI means they implant the grafts with an implanter pen. It’s still an FUE surgery. Sapphire just refers to the blade they use to make an incision.

If you went for the Sapphire option. Does this mean they make incisions and place the grafts with forceps? Or do they place the grafts with an implanter pen?

What coverage are you looking for? Will it be the frontal third or every thinned area?

I’d say around 3000 should produce a decent result for you if you concentrated on the frontal third.

it looks as though your crown is thinning. Are you in any type of hair loss prevention regimen?

S

Superhans

I've not taken any preventative medication. I'm still looking at that (the thinning at the back is only something I've noticed recently). The main thing is the front (thicken up the middle and add some more at the sides). If there's enough for up the top then great, but I'm realistic. Would much rather look at preventative measures for that and use fibers and focus on thickening the front.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`d say take a little bit longer with your research. Ask the clinics the questions I mentioned above. Also, ask them for a graft distribution breakdown, what areas they intend to plant, at what density for the hairline and how many grafts in each square cm.

M

MasterDost

Hey man,

I am actually being in the same dilemma currently, just like you.. Reading and being convinced that this clinic seems great and then boom reading about the hairmill reviews..
I've also sent my pictures to Biohairclinic & Diamond Hair clinic --> waiting for them to get back to me .
Biohairclinic responded with a 1800€ offer for 4.5k grafts --> that seems way to cheap so I don't really wanna go with that..

Going to check out your thread in case you already took your final decision :) - all the best man!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Biohair clinic's prices are very cheap.
I had a quick look at Diamond Hair Clinic. I`m not sure what to make of the designs.

Diamod hair clinic.jpgDiamond hair clinic.jpgDiamond hair clnic.jpgDiamond hair clinic 1.jpg

M

mazalov_an

Hi everyone

I've been reading the forum a lot in the last month or so as I've finally built up the courage to go for this. Feels exciting to think about a world potentially without worrying about hair fibers running in the rain or a high wind exposing my balding head...

I have been looking at Turkish clinics and as everyone knows it's a bit of a minefield. I've tried to stick to ones that have had youtube video diaries from people and avoiding ones that have received horror reviews on here. I have narrowed it down to:

- AEK clinic - Dr Karadeniz seems honest in his videos and does incisions. Certainly a good price considering (around £2200 for 5000-6000 hairs, not grafts)
- vera clinic - I've been really impressed with some of their results but haven't seen anything on prices.
- Dr Serkin Aygin - looks professional. Fue saphire for £1900 or dhi for 2400. Both include laser treatment, although I've not seen much info on this elsewhere.

I've also spoken to Longevita and Dr Cinik whose packages seemed attractive, but I've read various mixed reviews, reports of them being hair mills etc.

If anyone has any experience of these clinics I'd be very grateful for any help at all. Pictures of my head attached!

View attachment 20629
Hi Superhans,

I appreciate money is a big factor for the overwhelming majority of us, but do not rush into anything abroad.

I know how desperate hair-loss can make you feel, but whatever you have done will be with you for the rest of your life. And you really will care how you look in 5, 10, 15 and 20 years from now.

There's nothing sadder than reading an account of somebody who went abroad to have low cost surgery for £1500 or so and now looks worse than they did before with little hope of being able to turn it back in their favour even with corrective surgery.

If there is any way you can hold out and work extra hours to save cash, or take out a reasonable loan that you can afford to pay pack, I would look at something like the Hair Dr in the UK, who are a lot more expensive than Turkey but for the UK certainly one of the more affordable options whilst being of a very high standard, regulated by the QCC and with accountability on these forums.

I'm not saying you can't get a good result abroad in somewhere like Turkey, but I personally would be very hesitant in gambling with low cost surgery there and would rather not risk my handful of opportunities at fixing the hair that will be with me for the rest of my life.

Wish you the best of luck in whatever you do.

S

slaphead35

Hi everyone

View attachment 20629
Hi Superhans, I’m really surprised that you haven’t mentioned Doctor Ozlem Bicer on your short list. She is an excellent surgeon in Turkey and doesn’t operate a hairmill. She treats only 1 patient per day so all her focus is on you.
I have recently had a procedure with her and it was a very good experience. She is a little more expensive than the cheaper clinics in Turkey but still more cost effective than the U.K.
I have experienced 2 previous procedures in the U.K., one of which was a disaster. My advise would be don’t go for a cheap procedure, you get what you pay for. Ozlem Bicer is a safe choice and still more affordable than the U.K.

B

billiejean

I have been to Maya Estetik in Istanbul/TURKEY for hair transplant.I had Sapphire Fue with 4500 Grafts in 2020 March.Price/Performance rate is great and they did good job.They are very honest and realistic about your hair loss and results.I found them very honest.Well organized team.All the other services they arranged for me hotel-transfer etc were so cozy.They think about your comfort for sure.When it comes to results im happy with that.I can send my pictures if anytone wants to see can dm me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I have been to Maya Estetik in Istanbul/TURKEY for hair transplant.I had Sapphire Fue with 4500 Grafts in 2020 March.Price/Performance rate is great and they did good job.They are very honest and realistic about your hair loss and results.I found them very honest.Well organized team.All the other services they arranged for me hotel-transfer etc were so cozy.They think about your comfort for sure.When it comes to results im happy with that.I can send my pictures if anytone wants to see can dm me.
Hey Billiejean. Can you add some pictures?
How old are you?
Where are you from?