• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Anyone Switched to Dutasteride from Finasteride?

T

thincity

Valued member
Hi All, I had an appointment with my urologist and my BPH is getting worse after about eight years on 5mg of Proscar daily. He wants to switch me to Dutasteride, but I asked him to give me six more months on Proscar. Has anyone switched from Proscar to Duta, and how severe were the side effects? Any help would be appreciated.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
This is interesting....did he sound surprised that your BPH had gotten worse on 5mg daily of Proscar?.... I would have thought it would have helped so I'm a little shocked but I'm no urologist. Cant give you any advice on the Duta as I've never tried it but please if you do go on it could you let us know how you get on as I expect I'll be on it one day too.

Thanks BN

T

thincity

Valued member
Hi BN, My urologist does an ultrasound of the prostate and bladder every six months. No he did not seem surprised that some of my symptoms of BPH have resurfaced. I thought about it, and many posters claim that the Proscar/finasteride loses effectiveness over time (for hair loss) so perhaps the same is true in the treatment of BPH. I go back in February and if I do go on Duta, I'll post on my experience.