• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Are there one or two highly recognised, recommended clinics in London

H

hairloon

Hello,

I want a hair transplant and am looking for an established and recognised professional clinic/surgent. I have had a consultation with a M W May at Wimpole Clinic in Nov 2007 when i was 34. He suggested up to 900 small grafts. I was quoted £2,850. I got quite a good impression from them and they claimed very high success rates , but just continued to consider it. The hairline has receeded further since then so would probably require more grafts now. I have a large mole birthmark on my hairline (looks very faint in the picture strangely enough) which I don't particularly wanted be reminded of each time I look in the mirror and so am keen to get a fix reasonably quickly.

I was wondering, does one have to shave their whole head when they get a hair transplant. I guess they have to shave around where they are grafting and the doner area?

How well does fair straight hair fair in these proceedures?

Presumably if I loose more hair in years to come it's possible I may have a section behind my hairline which is balding which could look a bit odd? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks for any advice. recent photo below.

T.C

T.C

Hairloon,Apart from Farjo (manchester) there arent any clinics in the U.K providing good consistant documented results and they have a poor reputation including Harley street.If you have FUE you should travel out of the U.k to either Belgium or north America where the best docs are and with research you can easily discover.Some clinics will work around your existing hair without shaving it.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
The only London clinic posting results on here is Westminster clinic/Dr Rogers.

Take a look at his results in his own section and decide for yourself what you think.If you like what you see i would contact the clinic and ask to meet some patients if possible to see the results in person.

Maybe you can post some more pictures of your current situation.Side view etc.

Thanks bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good advice bm, thats what i like about this site it showcases lots of clinics work without promoting anyone in particullar, so that patients make their OWN minds up based on the info displayed

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi

Do your research, speak to as many ht veterans as you can, meet patients etc, and see through the internet hype if you can. UK = Farjo & Rogers and Belgium is a hotbed of talent and cheap to get to from the UK- check out my pics from Dr Feriduni and look at Bisanga and the others too. Other options are the big hitters in USA & Canada - Feller, Rahal, Shapiro etc etc

Most importantly seek out others who have had HTs and look at their work IN PERSON- many of us on the forums are willing to meet other guys- (it will only cost you a beer or a coffee- or in Bigmacs case 24 bottles of Newcastle Brown.) In fact we had a hair meet in Manchester last year - we might get something sorted for this year - later on

Good Luck!!

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hairloon,

Is there a way to take another picture showing the mole? Depending on the size of the mole, you may want to address that first if it's something you want to remove. Perhaps you can take more pics showing your hairloss so that a determination can be made as to whether you can keep your hairs long or not. Not all clinics require shaving of the recipient area.

Best wishes.

H

hairloon

thanks for the advice. The message seems fairly consistent in that by and large one needs to go outside of the UK for a really reliable job. Seems surprising to me that there aren't more renowned practices in the UK. I plan to look in to Brussels more.

I haven't tried rogaine (regaine) or finasteride, although I was speaking to someone about it last night who said it works. I am more interested in a permanent solution though.

Janna: it's possible something could be done about the birthmark/mole but it would seem to me likely to leave a large scar. I could find out but in any case I wouldn't mind it being there if hair contiinued to cover it so a HT would be preferable.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
It would be great if you could show more pics maybe a bit closer as i cant see the mole very well, lol my pc is shit though
Regards bn

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Whether the removal of the mole will leave a scar depends on the size of the mole. We've removed moles in the recipient areas on number of ocassions. We excise it out and it is sent to the lab to make sure it comes out clean. See what you can do about better pictures to make the determination to leave it or remove it prior to your ht surgery. It might be easier for your ht doc if it was removed first then he/she can plant grafts within and around the scar (if any) to hide it.