• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

ARMAMED (Dr Demirsoy) FUE 3412 Grafts 2nd OCT 2020

H

Hoohair

ABOUT ME:
Hi Everyone. I have Been researching Hair transplants on and off for the last 4 years or so. This forum has been amazing in helping me research and gain the knowledge and courage to finally take the step to hopefully regain my confidence through a hair transplant. I thought it only be fair that I share my review and progress so that in the future it may help others that were like me on their research and journey.
I am 41 years old and have been slowly receding since I was about 27 years old. I originally was looking at the cheaper clinics like Cosmedica and Dr Cinik and each year I didn't have enough courage to go ahead with the procedure. Luckily for me because of this delay in deciding I was slowly saving each month and before I knew it I had saved enough money for Surgery with Dr Demirsoy who was always producing good results and was highly respected from what I could see but was always out of my price range. My main reason for choosing Dr Demirsoy was he did the extractions and the incisions himself.

MEDICATION:
Minoxidil 5%, Biotin, Multivitamins
Finasteride 1mg starting today when it arrives. Will continue if no side effects.

MY EXPERIENCE:
I contacted Armamed through their website and quickly received a reply from Dr Demirsoys assistant Mussafer. As requested I sent my Photos for assessment and received a reply the next day with information and an estimate of graphs required which was 3000 to 3500. I had loads of questions over the coming days and weeks and Mussafer was great in answering them and made me feel it was never any trouble. I even had a WhatsApp call with him before I confirmed my booking. My booking of the flight was enough to secure my surgery date.
Fast forward a few weeks and I am on the plane to Istanbul. My flight arrived late on the Thursday and I was picked up and taken to my hotel. I hardly got any sleep that night as I was anxious.

SURGERY DAY: I was picked up at 8am and taken to the clinic. The clinic was very clean as expected. I filled out some forms and answered some questions about my family history of hairloss and general health. I was very anxious about the whole experience and Mussafer was always reassuring and able to answer all my questions and worries.

I was then taken to meet Dr Demirsoy. He checked my hair and and asked about my expectations. He can't speak much English but Mussafer was always there to translate. I explained I wanted my hairline restored to where it was when I was younger. There was no need to lower the hairline as my hairline was still there at the front but just thin and the temples had receded a lot. I left the design to the doctor with thoughts of changing it if I wasn't happy however I was pleased with the final design. I was very impressed by the enthusiasm of Dr Demirsoy. He reminded me of an artist taking pride in his work as he measured and checked my hairline from different angles in the room. I said I was happy with the design and proposed coverage. I was then taken into another room to have my photos taken. Then given medication to reduce anxiety and prepared for the surgery.

In the surgery room I met Dr Demirsoys 3 tech assistants. They were all very friendly and professional and made me feel at ease. Mussaffer explained the head tech has been working with Dr Demirsoy for 16 years along with one other 9 years and the 3rd tech 5 years.

I have quite a high pain threshold but I was still very worried about the anaesthetic injections as almost everyone says they are painful. It may have been me but honestly to my surprise they were not any where near as painful as expected. On a pain scale mostly 3/10 with the odd 4/10. Again everyone is different.

The Dr then came in and started to extract the graphs. I can't remember exact times but this took around 2.5-3 hrs I think. Then we stopped for a quick lunch and back in for the Dr to start the Incisions. If I remember correctly this was approximately 1.5-2 hrs then all 3 Tech assistants began inserting the graphs. I think this was 2.5 to 3 hrs. When the surgery was finished they cleaned me up and took some more photos.
I was given some pain killers and antibiotics to take for the next few days. Also given further advice on how to sleep etc. I then paid for the surgery, hotel and transfers in Pounds. Mussafer explained that the surgery went really well with lots of multi graphs being extracted, lots of 2 and 3 hair graphs as well as 4 and 5s, I did not bleed a lot either. He mentioned a couple of other things that went well and said all being well I should expect good results which is nice to hear. 3412 graphs were implanted.

I was then taken back to the hotel. Once again I could barely sleep. I am a fussy sleeper and got perhaps 2 to 3 hrs. I was picked up again at 8am and taken to the clinic for my first wash. The doctor briefly checked my donor and recipient area and said its coming along nicely. I was given some shampoo and spent some time with Mussaffer discussing the washing and care I needed to carry out for the next 2 weeks. I spent the rest of the day in the hotel and was picked up at 4am for my lift to the airport for my return flight.

As I write this review I am on Day 4. All is going well as far as I know. I have sent update photos and feedback was it was all looking good. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and got bad swelling but that has gone down already now.

Over all My experience with Dr Demirsoy and his team was excellent. Very professional. The Dr's assistant Mussaffer was great and had to put up with my many questions and helped me ease my anxiety.

Hopefully I will be just as pleased with the results.

I will Update periodically with my progress

Thanks

Attachments

• _NDE1228.JPG
    _NDE1228.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 463
  • _NDE1229 copy.jpg
    _NDE1229 copy.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 468
  • _NDE1232.JPG
    _NDE1232.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 438
  • _NDE1233.JPG
    _NDE1233.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 423
  • _NDE1234.JPG
    _NDE1234.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 405
  • _NDE1235 copy.jpg
    _NDE1235 copy.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 421
  • _NDE1256.JPG
    _NDE1256.JPG
    106 KB · Views: 402
  • _NDE1257.JPG
    _NDE1257.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 412
  • _NDE1258.JPG
    _NDE1258.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 393
  • _NDE1261.JPG
    _NDE1261.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 384
  • _NDE1262.JPG
    _NDE1262.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 393
  • _NDE1263.JPG
    _NDE1263.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 407
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Friend

Firstly thank you for sharing your experience with us and congratulations on taking that step and getting the HT done the work looks very good and I like how you have kept the same hairline as well , that amount of grafts should give you a nice result wishing you great recovery and growth

Daz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Hoohair, congrats on your surgery. It`s good to hear the forum helped you while researching.
The work looks nice and clean. The hairline design is what I would have gone for. Those 3000 plus grafts should produce a very nice result for you.
I`ll look forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.

H

Hoohair

Hi Hoohair, congrats on your surgery. It`s good to hear the forum helped you while researching.
The work looks nice and clean. The hairline design is what I would have gone for. Those 3000 plus grafts should produce a very nice result for you.
I`ll look forward to following your progress.
All the best.
Bm.
Thank you very much for your feedback

H

Hoohair

DAY 1 to 8

Its been a good first week. Its has been hard though as I was unlucky with the swelling and got it quite bad. One of the hardest things was for my family especially my young children to see my face so disfigured but it soon went down by day 5. Also trying not to bump my head and damage the graphs was another challenge but so far so good. I have been following all the instructions from the clinic everyday with the washing and moisturising. Luckily I haven't had any bad itching or pain through out and the recipient area and donor area seem to be coming along fine. I was instructed to start removing the scabs at day 7 but struggled and hardly moved any. I spoke to Mussafer and perhaps I was being to cautious. so on day 8 I applied more pressure and persisted for longer and after almost 1 hour most of the scabs were out. I sent some pictures to Mussafer and he said it all looked good and I can also sleep normally now.

Attachments

• IMG_5331.jpg
    IMG_5331.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_5387.JPG
    IMG_5387.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_5521.jpg
    IMG_5521.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_5526.jpg
    IMG_5526.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_5531.jpg
    IMG_5531.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_5533-1.jpg
    IMG_5533-1.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_5535.jpg
    IMG_5535.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 407
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks good and right on track.
Shame you got the swelling on your face, it is temporary and soon passes. By day 4 the grafts are secure and as you were rightly advised being firmer when shampooing to remove those scabs is ok. I usually tell people to give your scalp a good soaking as it makes it easier to remove them. Good to hear you have no pain or itching, if it does start itching, use some Aloe Vera gel.

The shedding should start soon, then it'll be just a waiting game for the new growth.
All the best.

H

Hoohair

Thanks for your feedback Bigmac. Just a waiting games now like you said.

L

LeonardoO

ABOUT ME:
Hi Everyone. I have Been researching Hair transplants on and off for the last 4 years or so. This forum has been amazing in helping me research and gain the knowledge and courage to finally take the step to hopefully regain my confidence through a hair transplant. I thought it only be fair that I share my review and progress so that in the future it may help others that were like me on their research and journey.
I am 41 years old and have been slowly receding since I was about 27 years old. I originally was looking at the cheaper clinics like Cosmedica and Dr Cinik and each year I didn't have enough courage to go ahead with the procedure. Luckily for me because of this delay in deciding I was slowly saving each month and before I knew it I had saved enough money for Surgery with Dr Demirsoy who was always producing good results and was highly respected from what I could see but was always out of my price range. My main reason for choosing Dr Demirsoy was he did the extractions and the incisions himself.

MEDICATION:
Minoxidil 5%, Biotin, Multivitamins
Finasteride 1mg starting today when it arrives. Will continue if no side effects.

MY EXPERIENCE:
I contacted Armamed through their website and quickly received a reply from Dr Demirsoys assistant Mussafer. As requested I sent my Photos for assessment and received a reply the next day with information and an estimate of graphs required which was 3000 to 3500. I had loads of questions over the coming days and weeks and Mussafer was great in answering them and made me feel it was never any trouble. I even had a WhatsApp call with him before I confirmed my booking. My booking of the flight was enough to secure my surgery date.
Fast forward a few weeks and I am on the plane to Istanbul. My flight arrived late on the Thursday and I was picked up and taken to my hotel. I hardly got any sleep that night as I was anxious.

SURGERY DAY: I was picked up at 8am and taken to the clinic. The clinic was very clean as expected. I filled out some forms and answered some questions about my family history of hairloss and general health. I was very anxious about the whole experience and Mussafer was always reassuring and able to answer all my questions and worries.

I was then taken to meet Dr Demirsoy. He checked my hair and and asked about my expectations. He can't speak much English but Mussafer was always there to translate. I explained I wanted my hairline restored to where it was when I was younger. There was no need to lower the hairline as my hairline was still there at the front but just thin and the temples had receded a lot. I left the design to the doctor with thoughts of changing it if I wasn't happy however I was pleased with the final design. I was very impressed by the enthusiasm of Dr Demirsoy. He reminded me of an artist taking pride in his work as he measured and checked my hairline from different angles in the room. I said I was happy with the design and proposed coverage. I was then taken into another room to have my photos taken. Then given medication to reduce anxiety and prepared for the surgery.

In the surgery room I met Dr Demirsoys 3 tech assistants. They were all very friendly and professional and made me feel at ease. Mussaffer explained the head tech has been working with Dr Demirsoy for 16 years along with one other 9 years and the 3rd tech 5 years.

I have quite a high pain threshold but I was still very worried about the anaesthetic injections as almost everyone says they are painful. It may have been me but honestly to my surprise they were not any where near as painful as expected. On a pain scale mostly 3/10 with the odd 4/10. Again everyone is different.

The Dr then came in and started to extract the graphs. I can't remember exact times but this took around 2.5-3 hrs I think. Then we stopped for a quick lunch and back in for the Dr to start the Incisions. If I remember correctly this was approximately 1.5-2 hrs then all 3 Tech assistants began inserting the graphs. I think this was 2.5 to 3 hrs. When the surgery was finished they cleaned me up and took some more photos.
I was given some pain killers and antibiotics to take for the next few days. Also given further advice on how to sleep etc. I then paid for the surgery, hotel and transfers in Pounds. Mussafer explained that the surgery went really well with lots of multi graphs being extracted, lots of 2 and 3 hair graphs as well as 4 and 5s, I did not bleed a lot either. He mentioned a couple of other things that went well and said all being well I should expect good results which is nice to hear. 3412 graphs were implanted.

I was then taken back to the hotel. Once again I could barely sleep. I am a fussy sleeper and got perhaps 2 to 3 hrs. I was picked up again at 8am and taken to the clinic for my first wash. The doctor briefly checked my donor and recipient area and said its coming along nicely. I was given some shampoo and spent some time with Mussaffer discussing the washing and care I needed to carry out for the next 2 weeks. I spent the rest of the day in the hotel and was picked up at 4am for my lift to the airport for my return flight.

As I write this review I am on Day 4. All is going well as far as I know. I have sent update photos and feedback was it was all looking good. Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and got bad swelling but that has gone down already now.

Over all My experience with Dr Demirsoy and his team was excellent. Very professional. The Dr's assistant Mussaffer was great and had to put up with my many questions and helped me ease my anxiety.

Hopefully I will be just as pleased with the results.

I will Update periodically with my progress

Thanks
Look great. . Im considering getting my HT done next month. Im thinking about Dr Demirsoy. thanks for posting, this is a great help.

S

Saint4805

DAY 1 to 8

Its been a good first week. Its has been hard though as I was unlucky with the swelling and got it quite bad. One of the hardest things was for my family especially my young children to see my face so disfigured but it soon went down by day 5. Also trying not to bump my head and damage the graphs was another challenge but so far so good. I have been following all the instructions from the clinic everyday with the washing and moisturising. Luckily I haven't had any bad itching or pain through out and the recipient area and donor area seem to be coming along fine. I was instructed to start removing the scabs at day 7 but struggled and hardly moved any. I spoke to Mussafer and perhaps I was being to cautious. so on day 8 I applied more pressure and persisted for longer and after almost 1 hour most of the scabs were out. I sent some pictures to Mussafer and he said it all looked good and I can also sleep normally now.

Hi Hoohair,

Many thanks for sharing your journey. The work looks very clean and it looks like the process was smooth. I am also interested in going with Armamed and have also been quoted 3000-3500 grafts which is similar to you. The published price per graft on their website is EUR 1.25 per graft. Were you able to agree a price per graft in pounds?

H

Hoohair

Hi Hoohair,

Many thanks for sharing your journey. The work looks very clean and it looks like the process was smooth. I am also interested in going with Armamed and have also been quoted 3000-3500 grafts which is similar to you. The published price per graft on their website is EUR 1.25 per graft. Were you able to agree a price per graft in pounds?

Hi sorry for the delay. The final price depended on how many grafts I had. Payment was after surgery and you could pay in pounds or Euros. I decided to pay in pounds and was worked out on what ever the exchange rate was on the day.

H

Hoohair

1 MONTH Update

2 days ago was the 1 month mark. I thought I might be one of the lucky ones, unfortunately at 3 weeks I began to shed which I know is normal. Im losing about 100 hairs a day. Recipient area is still a bit numb in places but is getting better by the day. Donor area still itches very slightly from time to time but barely noticeable.

Not sure whether I have shock loss in the donor area. Looks a little patchy but could also be uneven hair growth from when shaved at the clinic before surgery. I may trim the donor to a grade 1 to tidy it up.

Started Minoxidil again after 3 weeks with no issues and still on 0.5mg finasteride 3 times a week. Will be increasing to 1mg in a couple of weeks once Im happy I'm not getting any sides.

Any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Attachments

• IMG_5920.jpg
    IMG_5920.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_5922.jpg
    IMG_5922.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5945.jpg
    IMG_5945.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 363
  • IMG_5923.jpg
    IMG_5923.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_5924.jpg
    IMG_5924.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 364
D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Bud

Great updates I can Identify with the swelling not a nice look at all , it will all be worth it mate just keep doing what you doing positivity is the way to go , we all been their just keep sharing and keep using the forum put all doubts out your mind its going to be awesome

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
You look to be healing well with everything on track for one month post op. The donor hairs at the back may have suffered some shock loss but should recover ok in the coming months. Seeing your transformation with the newly transplanted grafts is exciting but as you`ve found it, it is short lived once the shedding starts. Time does pass by quickly. Before you know it you`ll be feeling the new hairs popping through and the hairline taking shape.
Good to hear there are no issues resuming your hair loss prevention regimen.
Thanks for the update.

H

Hoohair

You look to be healing well with everything on track for one month post op. The donor hairs at the back may have suffered some shock loss but should recover ok in the coming months. Seeing your transformation with the newly transplanted grafts is exciting but as you`ve found it, it is short lived once the shedding starts. Time does pass by quickly. Before you know it you`ll be feeling the new hairs popping through and the hairline taking shape.
Good to hear there are no issues resuming your hair loss prevention regimen.
Thanks for the update.
Thanks Bigmac. Time certainly is flying so quickly especially with everything that's going on in the world.

S

Simmy

I have narrowed my doctors down to 5 with Dr. Demirsoy being one of them... Your post is very helpful for my decision making.
The experience of his technicians is a big plus factor... The surgery looks amazing, thank you.

H

Hoohair

I have narrowed my doctors down to 5 with Dr. Demirsoy being one of them... Your post is very helpful for my decision making.
The experience of his technicians is a big plus factor... The surgery looks amazing, thank you.
Thanks for your feedback. I will be posting my 2 month update very soon.