• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

As a 21 yr old with a severe receding hair line what can I do?

W

Wheremyhairlinego

Hi guys
I’m a 21 yo male with quite a deep widows peak. It depresses me and I hate it. I’ve tried getting over it, shaving it to reclaim it, but it still bothers me constantly. I’ve been on finasteride for about 6 months now and just started using minoxidil. I’ve also quit smoking and am taking biotin. What else can I do just do fill out the hairline?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Have you always had a widow's peak or has your hairline receded to one? Some pictures showing your hairline would help.

W

Wheremyhairlinego

Nah I had a straight hairline, and looking in hindsight it started to recede at around 18. Its about a Norwood 3 now.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
You`re already on the most proven way to help your hair... 6 months is the minimum to try, you might start seeing results soon. It may just stop any further hair loss or slow it right down.

G

GarethP

Also, stop worrying man! Think about the following.

1. Even if you are receding, it's probably nowhere near as fast as you think. I started to notice my recession about 22/23, used to worry about it like crazy and had another 10 years of decent hair.
2. You're using all the best treatments now.
3. HT surgery is getting more effective all the time, and cheaper options are opening up.