• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

azza's HT journey (im back!!!)

A

azza786

Valued member---
Hi guys,

Nice to be back. hope all well. i shall be back on the scene here updating this thread on monthly basis starting from a couple of weeks from now. will keep you all updated.

Here is a brief documentary of my two hair transplants with Dr. Rahal.

I started losing my hair at 16 with temple recessions being the first obvious signs. over the years it gradually developed.once i reached 20 my hairloss had increased to what you can see in my pre op pictures.

My first hair transplant session, 3608 grafts, done 4 june 2007 ,70 fu/cm2 and this was reduced the further back the surgery was done, lowest was around 40 fu/cm2 at the crown/vertex border.

HT number 2, 1623 grafts aiming at zone 1 and 2. My aim to bulk tihs area up and strengthen the existing hairline to make it somewhat more denser.

In my opinion, once this turns out well, it should be good enough to last 5-6 years (hopefully) before i look into getting the crown done.

Thanks all

Here are my pictures.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Azzas first HT 2007

Pre op pics

2 days post op

Donor area 16 days post op

1 month post op

6 months post op

1 year post op

16 months post op

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Azzas 2nd ht

Pre op

Plan of attack and grafts

5 days post op

9 days post op

14 days post op

1 month post op

2 months post op

3 months post op

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Good to hear from you Azza. I have been very curious as to how things are working out for you. Keep us posted. Take care.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Azza.

Your second HT should give you a nice denser look and fill the hairline in.

Are you using any meds as i cant remember.

Cheers bm.

A

azza786

Valued member---
hi guyz,

yes things are improving as time goes on..im nearing the 4 month mark in a few weeks and already there is a difference from the 3 month mark as you will see.

yes big mac im on proscar 1/5 daily since october 2008 as well as msm 3000mg...all on my blog.

thx

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Very thorough documentation with great pics of your ht journey so far, Azza.

I truly hope you are able to achieve your goal and expectations. Best wishes.

T

TOMMYTWO

Valued member
best of luck mate! hopefully round two will improve your situ i.e. density. defo an improvement form your pre op.

Do you use the flash on your camera when taking pics?

All the best bud!

A

azza786

Valued member---
no tommytwo, i never have and never will...i take it under normal room light.

thanks for the kind words ppl...update day just keeps getting closer!

A

azza786

Valued member---
i have updated my blog 4 days earlier than 4 months post op..realised nothing spectacular would happen...not much to report really since last month but just sprouts have broken surface...waiting game continues.....

straigh on view

Attachments

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Azza

Glad you are starting to sprout,hopefully this is the start of lots of growth for you.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Azza

Have you considered using any concealers in your hair while you wait for it to grow out.

A bit on Nanogen in there would look great imo.

Cheers bm.