• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Bad Hair Transplant

U

UK Chap

This is my first post after reading this forum over the past three months.Its a reality check to all people seeking "Hair Restoration".The following link is a concern of mine and should be to others..."What if you are in the small MINORITY of patients who don`t achieve an acceptable surgical result"

Bad Hair Transplant Result

What is the percentage of patients who`m the above would apply?I`d be extremely upset if i scheduled a surgery and the result was less than satisfactory.

On a positive note i`d like to thank Bigmac, the Doctors and the members for providing this helpful site.

Best regards to all.

Chappers.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Chappers,

Because its surgery there are risks involved and a chance that you don't get the results that you desire, however if you select a physician with a stellar track record you will most certainly limit the odds of not getting great results. It truly is imperative to go with a proven clinic that has essentially no online evidence of poor results.

I recommend that everyone spend at least 6 months educating themselves and should consult at least 3 different docs.

Do you have pics to post and we can give you some feedback.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Hi Chappers.

Welcome to the forum.I`m pleased you find it helpful.

As NN says it is surgery and all surgical procedures have risks involved.Hair transplant is not an exact science and sometimes expectations aren`t met for whatever reasons.

Again as NN points out, Spend at least 6 months researching and talk to as many doctors and patients as possible to ensure you get the best possible outcome.

Unfortunately for this guy in the article he chose a clinic that has lots of unhappy patients online.

Hope he gets his situation sorted.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
It's a shame too many people blindly go into having hair restoration surgery without due research.

It's good to have sites like this to help people in their research.

U

UK Chap

Sorry for the late reply...the Irish chap has won his legal action with a compensation payout of 70,000 Euros.

This won`t replace the lost grafts or the years of turmoil he suffered.The below link is the full story

Patients wins legal action

Best regards Chappers.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Thanks for the update.

Hopefully he can have a satisfactory repair done and get on with his life.

bm.

H

hairextension.d

One of the major risks involved with any cosmetic surgery is the slight chance that you may not be satisfied with the final result.
The main reason why a hair transplant would need repair is because it was performed improperly by the surgeon. This is why it is important to do your research, and utilize the resources available to you before undergoing the surgery.

J

jacob

one of my friend has experienced a very bad transplant...because of this he started having severe headaches .....

R

rimal

one of my friend also had a very bad experience of hair transplant....after having it done she started having headache...

D

dfmetal1

Hello:

I have the same problem. I recently had my HT and i ve been having really bad headaches for the last 6 months...what hapened to your freind?

did he/she find the source of his/her headaches?

H

hair removal

Hello
I think many people have same problem, without Regine loss hair and with the woman an problem unwanted hair.

H

hair removal

I thank his efficient team. Its been 4 months after the transplant and the lush hair growth has started to look wonderful and I am getting a lot of nice compliments. I have not told my friends that I have had a hair transplant done.

D

drwalia

The results of Hair transplant surgeries are great when they are realised with art and precision. When the techniques are obsolete, like placing huge grafts or plugs, or via a bad use of the punches, then the results can be bad or even disastrous. The reparation of bad hair grafts is a hard practice but it can be rewarding as it gives often very good results. Most of the time, the patient is literally freed from a weight as it is hard to face, daily, other people's glances. Of course, it is better to avoid the correction of a bad hair transplant that is why the choice of a good surgeon is really important.

A

A007A

If you like horror stories, chances are you've read about hair transplants terribly wrong. Imagine a person who is bald and very upset. You see an ad on TV or in the newspapers about a hair transplant clinic tell them your problem immediately.
They will show you before and after pictures of a man whose hair transplant is just to be a huge success. His photo shows a completely bald, shiny head. After his photo shows him with a full head of hair, almost as if he has never lost to begin with.

These photos are completely false. You can never, never expected this kind of result to get a hair transplant. If you go in with unrealistic expectations, set themselves up for disappointment to start.
And it is only on the results! Do not make the mistake of thinking that the hair transplant is like going to the barber for a haircut.
You have not only a hair transplant clinic, pay the man, get treatment, and then walk again. It is a surgical procedure. Something people often forgotten in the excitement to get their hair back.

J

jerrdmerit

When proper assessment and precise expertise is left out of the equation, you are definitely bound to have a confusing hair arrangement.

Charlotte Robb

Charlotte Robb

Hi there,

Well there are many risks involved with any surgery is the slight chance that you may not be satisfied with the final result. The main reason why a hair transplant would need repair is because it was performed improperly by the surgeon. This is why it is important to do your research, and utilize the resources available to you before undergoing the surgery.

L

LouieM

Hi,
What about FUE? I am considering it and heard from my cousin that the result are very satisfying. He went to Dr. Theodoros Vernikos (London). He said that the healing process was very short... but it's quite expensive (the only reason I am still in the thinking process).

Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
LouieM wrote:
Hi,
What about FUE? I am considering it and heard from my cousin that the result are very satisfying. He went to Dr. Theodoros Vernikos (London). He said that the healing process was very short... but it's quite expensive (the only reason I am still in the thinking process).
No way, this guy was associated with Norton clinic, and fueclinics, I don't personally think he is very good.

Last edited:
S

skiny

Valued member
sparky, agree again, maybe not often :)

stopped myself from this crew a while ago thank fully, slick marketing for sure.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Be very careful with this surgeon i have yet to see one mediocre result let alone a good one dude.