• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Beard to Beard Hair Transplant

V

Vinci Hair Clinic

Valued member
Our patients had scars in his beard and wanted to hide. We took beard hair using the FUE technique to remove beard hair and add to the areas of scarring.
Early days but here we can see the healing of both the recipient and beard donor.

BEFORE

BEFORE, POST-OP AND 8 DAYS POST OP HEALING

POST-OP AND 8 DAYS HEALING

BEFORE AND 15 DAY POST -OP, DONOR AND RECIPIENT HEALING

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hi Phil,
Hope you're doing well. How many grafts were moved to fill the scar? He's healing up well.

V

Vinci Hair Clinic

Valued member
Hi Janna,

All good thanks, hope the same with you.

We placed 219 beard grafts, as is the nature of beard mainly single hair units.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
This is a first for me seeing actual beard to beard, i totally get why this guy is wanting to cover the scars and i hope he gets a great result (sure he will) as any scar on the face must be hard to deal with.
Would you have placed the same amount of grafts if it hadn't have been into scar tissue?
Thanks for sharing;)

V

Vinci Hair Clinic

Valued member
Hi bullitnut, in this case, requiring a relatively small number of grafts and the patient having such a strong beard it seemed the obvious plan to go with. The number of grafts wouldn ´t have changed a great deal if at all into non-scar tissue. One factor was using the beard the calibre of the hair was the same, thick, opposed to his scalp hair that is finer and that may have impacted on the graft count. Being able to use his beard certainly will have reduced the number of grafts required scar tissue or not.