• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

beardywierdy 2000 grafts with Dr. Feriduni

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi

My face is pretty much back to normal now. I was a bit low yesterday- staples hurting, greasy hair, dandruff and puffy eyes.

I feel a bit better today, and look forward to getting the staples out on Friday, day 11. I was thinking about asking the Farjo clinic to take them out, but I spoke to Dr Feriduni about it and he wasn't sure if they would do, although he said that he would have no problem with doing it for another clinic.

I will post day 10 photos next week.

Just a quick question about the scar; will it have knitted together by day 10- I am worried that it might burst open or something?

Cheers

janna

janna

Valuable Member
BW,

Since we get so many out of town patients, I check all the time with other clinics to see if they can remove our patient's sutures/staples. Majority of the clinics will provide this service as a courtesy for us free of charge. I've communicated with the Farjo's and Dr. May's clinic in the past and they've both been very accomodating and gracious about providing this service for our patients.

Our UK patients tend to find going to the GUM clinics to be more convenient as it's usually closer and you don't have to make an appointment.

I've never heard of donor scar bursting open 10 days after surgery. It should be well healed by then. The only thing to keep an eye on is any signs of infection. If you feel an isolated spot in the donor area where it hurts to touch - not general overall soreness- you'd want a medical personnel to examine it. If they confirm a start of an infection, of course you'd want to contact your Dr. Feriduni. Onset of infections are rare - except for folliculitis (ingrown hairs) so don't let my post alarm you and they are easily treatable.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
G.U.M clinic for staple removal.Go there and something else may be removed.:)

The walk in Centres at most major hospitals are where we all go.

BW,i`m sure the Farjo clinic would remove your staples as Janna says.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Oops sorry. Thanks for the correction. I get confused as to the type of clinics and hospitals you have.

BW, I would ask Dr. Feriduni's clinic to make the initial contact for you with the Farjo clinic if that's where you want to go....just from my experience the other clinics appreciate the heads up from the doctor or clinic rep first.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BW

Have you decided on where you will get your staples removed.

Cheers bm.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
hi bigmac

Dr Feriduni's office arranged for me to go to the Farjo clinic (BTW,thanks to Mick from Farjo), who kindly offered to take out the staples. However, I will be going to have them out on Saturday, at the walk in clinic; this will be day 12, so I hope I will be safe to have them out then. (Dr Feriduni reckons day 12 should be fine)