• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

BeardyWierdy going for HT

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi everyone. Glad to be on the forum

Here is a copy of a message I posted on SLHN

Just to let you guys know that I will be off to Belgium early Feb for my HT. Approx 2000+ grafts to the hairline. It will be perfomed by Dr Feriduni - I have been following his work for 18 months, have met with a number of patients and have become a great fan of his work.

It has been a long journey, over 6 years, which has included consultations with the infamous (HG - S Barnes. NHI Choi clinics, etc) and Dr Rogers- nice bloke. I am looking forward to getting things sorted now and 'closure', but realise that this is really just the beginning. I am looking forward to some new hair, but after having my daughter, who is now 6 months old, I have realised that it is very easy to become self obsessed, and that there is more to life than hair. Having said that I can't f*cking wait!!! (but sh*tting myself at the same time)

I have found this forum absolutely invaluable; thanks to all who selflessly contribute and provide support, even though most could easily move on, once they have their new head of hair.

I will post photos in the next few weeks and let you know how it all goes. Just to say thanks to everyone who has offered guidance and advice: Spex, Bigmac, Lucky, Richie, Tommytwo (OK for a scouser), Hairroot etc etc, apologies to anyone I have forgotten to mention

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Beardywierdy - Welcome!

I'm not real familar with Dr. Feriduni, but you can change all that. It'll be nice to follow your ht work and progress. When in Feb is your surgery date? Best wishes for a great outcome.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi Janna

Dr Feriduni patients tend to be more active on the European websites, as many are from Holland, France, Germany etc, and he is now getting more from the UK. His results tend to go on Hair transplant network site.

I am going in 2nd week of Feb, nervous but excited too. Any post op advice from HT veterans would be appreciated!!

janna

janna

Valuable Member
As long as you have realistic expectations, you will be fine. You said you've been researching/following Dr. Feriduni's work for 18th months, which includes looking at his results in person, etc....so, I think you are set. At this point, there's nothing to worry about. I hear all the time patients saying, "don't know what I was nervous about, the surgery is a piece of cake" or "it's a walk in the park".

I don't know your doctor's post op regimen. It's basically taking it easy for first 5 days and then working to ease the scabs off. There will be plenty on here who will support you along the way.

I forgot to say in my earlier post - Congrats on your 6 month old daughter. IMO, having babies are the most life altering event that takes place in one's life time.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi BW

Great to speak to you again earlier and glad you have done your research and chosen a doctor you are happy with.Its a good feeling when you know your personal experience shared with others helps them make an informed decision

It was good to meet you in Manchester and i look forward to following your progress

All the best to you and take care

Cheers BM

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
janna wrote:
IMO, having babies are the most life altering event that takes place in one's life time.

Having or making?? :T: Oh anyways, Dr. Feriduni is a gem. Not enough of his stuff online but he is an outstanding physician. It will be great to follow your progress.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Not long now mate.

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

cheers bm.