• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Before & After w/Dr. Paul Shapiro-2401grafts/4587hairs

janna

janna

Valuable Member
This patient had his surgery in December of €™09. He is a diffused thinner who opted out of using ht meds. We feel the combination of Minox and Finasteride can help not only retain native hairs but regrow hairs in some cases. We know that meds also work well in conjunction with ht surgeries, helping to achieve better end result. There is a concern with each diffuse hair loss patient when ht meds are not in their regimen as to whether there will be a significant difference with surgery alone. We €™re just as pleased as this patient that there is a good cosmetic difference in his before and after surgery.

1 €™s €“ 705

2 €™s €“ 1259

3 €™s €“ 384

4 €™s €“ 53

2401 Grafts = 4587 Hairs

Before & After -

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

ONE DAY POST OP €“ GRAFT PLACEMENT PHOTOS

SlideA.jpg

SlideB.jpg

SlideC.jpg

SlideD.jpg

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
This is a great result. Definitely makes a very nice cosmetic improvement. I can certainly understand a clinics trepidation with a diffuse thinner not being on the meds post surgery, however I don't believe that one should be reliant on them either. The odds of a person being on meds indefinitely is likely slim. We have yet to see if there are side effects of being on meds for 10+ years or more. I think that the work needs to be planned with the thought that they will have continued loss. I am sure that this is a consideration but just pointing it out.

NN

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
The long term meds issue is one I think about... being a diffuse thinner myself I thought I would only use meds for a couple of years after my HT (well, HT repair)... but..having been on meds for a few years now I feel I have become reliant on them...

I did think about stopping them to see what would happen... but is the risk worth the possible loss ?? I did stop Rogaine for about 6 months and did think my hair thinned out.... so back on it... 6 months later it seems better.... as for my Proscar, would not even think about missing one daily dose...

Anyway... went a bit off topic here... so.. great work as usual from a great Doc (and team !!)

Tim

Last edited:
H

Haribo44

valued member
Hi Janna. Has this patient reported back with any updates on his diffuse thinning pattern?