• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Best hair transplant clinics/surgeons in the UK?

D

dan_

Found this forum today, and it looks to be one of the best regarding information on Hair Transplants!

I unfortunately had to quit Finasteride but I am trying my luck with Minoxidil/Regaine to slow down hair loss and give me a decent amount of time to plan a hair transplant.

I was hoping that people could suggest a few of the best clinics or surgeons based in the UK? Would rather pay more and know that I am getting the very best.

Thanks!

Dan

P

philwuk

Hello Dan
I have had 3 hair transplants ist was 2003 in uk then 2nd 2008 and 3rd 2010 both in new York
I have had consultation with all uk surgeons over the years and seen there work,the only person I would go to is dr ball the Maitland clinic uk.
He will look after u and most important he will plan and further loss so u don't look unatraul if u lose more hair
All I will say to you is u will need more than 1 procedure
U will never get the thickness and density u want but a top surgeon will tell u that anyway.
Yes it will look natraul but it will never match your own density
Be prepared to use concealers ie fibres to make hair transplant appear thicker
I have been round the block with transplants believe me
My opinion I wish I would have accepted my hairloss had a short haircut and been done with it
Also just be aware,I'm not sure what your hairloss is but it could take over your life and it could take 10 yrs for u to have more and more hair transplants and still u won't be happy
But that's my experience and all I had was a receding hairline
Philwuk

D

dan_

Hello Dan
I have had 3 hair transplants ist was 2003 in uk then 2nd 2008 and 3rd 2010 both in new York
I have had consultation with all uk surgeons over the years and seen there work,the only person I would go to is dr ball the Maitland clinic uk.
He will look after u and most important he will plan and further loss so u don't look unatraul if u lose more hair
All I will say to you is u will need more than 1 procedure
U will never get the thickness and density u want but a top surgeon will tell u that anyway.
Yes it will look natraul but it will never match your own density
Be prepared to use concealers ie fibres to make hair transplant appear thicker
I have been round the block with transplants believe me
My opinion I wish I would have accepted my hairloss had a short haircut and been done with it
Also just be aware,I'm not sure what your hairloss is but it could take over your life and it could take 10 yrs for u to have more and more hair transplants and still u won't be happy
But that's my experience and all I had was a receding hairline
Philwuk
Thank you for the recommendation, I had been looking at the Maitland Clinic and it was one of my options.

Fully understand where you are coming from, seems like a lot of people are playing catch up, and having multiple transplants is more common than I thought.

I will never have that 18 year old density back but if I can regain the level that finasteride gave me with minoxidil and a transplant then I will settle for that!

P

philwuk

Good idea
Hair transplants are a last resort.
Yeah that's the mistake I made thinking i could get that thick hairline with transplants.
Also I think the main problems with transplants are angles
If u can get the angles correct ie grow forward and flat to scalp density is not much of a problem

D

dan_

Good idea
Hair transplants are a last resort.
Yeah that's the mistake I made thinking i could get that thick hairline with transplants.
Also I think the main problems with transplants are angles
If u can get the angles correct ie grow forward and flat to scalp density is not much of a problem
Im hoping to be able to wear my hairline flatter so this would work for me.

Does anyone else have any recommendations on UK clinics?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
As Phil says Dr Ball does superb work and is very ethical. Dr Farjo also does super work and is very ethical too. Theres also some good results from DHI on here and Vinci. There will be others too but Dr Ball and Dr Farjo are a good place to start your research and certainly a must in terms of consultations.

D

dan_

As Phil says Dr Ball does superb work and is very ethical. Dr Farjo also does super work and is very ethical too. Theres also some good results from DHI on here and Vinci. There will be others too but Dr Ball and Dr Farjo are a good place to start your research and certainly a must in terms of consultations.
Thats great, thanks! Definitely would like a chat with Dr Farjo, the Farjo website has limited Before and After shots though (mostly older celebs) would be interested to see some results on an average younger guy.

DHI seem to come with good recommendation, they seem to have multiple locations of clinics and was wondering how these compare? Different clinics will probably have different surgeons even if the company is the same. And some surgeons will be better than others.