• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Biotin for Hair Loss

B

Benzomat

valued member
Been reading mixed reviews on the use of Biotin to help with hair loss issues. One thing that has prevented me from trying it is the increased chance of an Acne breakout. Has anyone used Biotin with positive results?

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I've used Biotin and still do.....I believe it helps with overall hair health and the speed in which it grows, but to be honest imo it doesn't make lost hair grow back. As for the acne i think it only causes greasy skin and acne if you take stupidly large amounts like some of the people do on Youtube.

E

ericpartlu

Taking biotin orally has very effective results and help to grow hair faster. Some of the peoples choose to take biotin pills with other food diet such as bananas, whole grains, mushrooms and cauliflower, which causes the acne.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
I tried biotin for a few months. Didn't notice any benefit to my hair. I found that it made my nails very brittle though. They were regularly breaking. Strange as it's meant to promote healthy nail growth as well as hair growth.