• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Bisanga and Cole Hair Transplant Clinic

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
It is with great pleasure to be able to announce the arrival of Bisanga and Cole Hair Transplant Clinic. Formed by two of the leading FUE surgeons today, coalition member Dr. Christian Bisanga and Dr. John Cole. The clinic is based in Athens, Greece and will be officially opening for its first patients on March 2017 of this year.

With Dr. Bisanga based out of Brussels, Belgium and Dr. Cole out of the U.S. Why Greece you may ask?

Well that's a great question. Quoting Dr. Cole -

"Many patients are focused on price. This leads patients to clinics offering very low prices in countries that are often not as safe and with fewer government regulations to protect patients. For this reason, Dr. Bisanga and I decided to form a clinic with the express intent to offer price-conscious patients an alternative solution at "low" prices. We will personally supervise the surgeries to make sure patients get the best possible outcomes."

As mentioned, Bisanga and Cole Hair Transplant Clinic are able to offer luxury hair transplant procedures from the industry leaders at extremely competitive prices.

Dr Cole went on to say -

"It looks like the first round of surgery starting March 27 will come in at 2.5 euro per graft. I'm sure happy to be involved in this opportunity."

On a personal note, I am extremely honoured to be patient advisor to such highly esteemed hair restoration physicians, and in such a visionary project. Whilst new to the particular forum, some of you reading this may already be familiar with me from being active on other similar forums posting under the name Raphael84. My personal journey with hair loss is my motivating factor to getting involved with Bisanga and Cole Hair Transplant Clinic. Experiencing hair loss at a young age and being hugely effected by this, I struggled greatly with insecurity and a lack of confidence due to hair loss which several years later, eventually led me to a FUT procedure. The results definitely helped me to get back my confidence and unquestionably improved my day to day life. I aspire to be able to serve individuals, build relationships and offer honest and ethical advice, guidance and solutions for their hair loss concerns.

To be able to consider undergoing a FUE procedure with such ethical Doctors achieving such consistent quality results at this price point allows individuals, who may normally be priced out of choosing these physicians, accessibility to their expertise.

If anybody has any interest, questions or queries regarding this new project, don't hesitate to ask.

Also, by all means contact me privately if I can assist you with anything or you would like to consult with the clinic.

Many thanks.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Wow this is very exciting stuff....nice price too!
I for one can't wait to see examples from the clinic when the surgeries start (please post them for us) Would love to see any pictures you have of the clinic or location too, Athens is a Beautiful place.

It's awesome when you read about great doctors teaming up to benefit the patient.

Thanks for sharing this info Raphael

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@bullitnut
I agree, it is a very exciting concept and I for one am extremely excited about what Drs Bisanga and Cole are offering patients. The price point for the opening surgery dates are also a huge positive. Im sure that the clinic is going to make many people happy.
Here is a brief video filmed a few days ago as a reference to see how the build currently is. Apologies if posting links is against policy.
https://slack-files.com/TGA8SELLU-FGF098C6P-4fdf1b4528

J

Jackie Brown

Who is doing the hair transplants here, is it dr´s Cole and Bisanga? you posted a quote from dr Cole - "We will personally supervise the surgeries "

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jackie Brown

Great question. The first available surgery dates will be as follows.
March 27th - April 2nd - Surgery will be conducted by Dr Cole
April 15th - April 19th - Surgery will be conducted by Dr Bisanga
At current, these are the only dates that have been made available to prospective patients.

Longer term, Drs Bisanga and Cole have their own clinics from where they are generally based and have surgery dates already confirmed, so it wouldn't be possible for them to be constantly in Athens. But the motivation and longer term plan behind the project is that two leading Greek hair transplant physicians, Drs Venetsanos and Kyparissou, will be leading the surgeries. Around 12 months ago, Dr Cole went to Athens where he spent some time with the Drs and they performed several FUE procedures together. Also a team of assistants went to Dr.Bisanga’s practice in Brussels for training and observation of his work there. Drs Bisanga and Cole will of course continue to be very involved with the project and clinic.

Thank you for expressing your interest. It is a very exciting project.

J

Jackie Brown

Thanks for the reply. Is there any information on these two dr´s - Drs Venetsanos and Kyparissou? besides what comes up about the clinic. Are there any results we can see that was performed only by them? On your website there are results but I get the impression they are from dr´s Bisanga and Cole so not relevant to other dr´s. Would be good to see results from these two dr´s, not from the owners, as you say besides a few days to begin with they are not going to be working in Athens anyway.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jackie Brown
That is a great suggestion. I will request bios from both Drs to be able to introduce them a little further and I will also be sure to request some results that they have already achieved. Having said that, the time that they and their technicians have spent with Drs Bisanga and Cole will unquestionably have changed their approach to future procedures and therefore I have no doubts, will further improve the quality of results they will achieve.

Just to clarify your last comment, whilst they won't be personally based in Athens, they will of course be constantly in communication regarding cases and recommendations and visiting Athens regularly.

A large motivation for the project is the fact that Drs Bisanga and Cole are also overseeing a training program in hair transplantation at the University of Patras Department of Dermatology. A local office in Athens assists in this educational process. Both Drs have a desire to train surgeons and teams to be able to perform excellent hair transplant surgery at an affordable price. They are extremely concerned regarding the quantity of low cost clinics achieving sub par results in unsanitary environments creating large and unnecessary risks to the patient. As a result, too many patients are being cosmetically disfigured or left in compromising situations. Dr. Bisanga and Dr. Cole both feel there is a need for high quality surgery performed to the highest standard. In time, the reputations of other/new physicians involved will obviously flourish and their demand will grow. Therefore Bisanga & Cole HT Clinic is presenting fantastic opportunities to both the prospective patient and physician.

I hope this helps to understand things a little more.

Last edited:
J

Jackie Brown

From what you have said I guess they haven´t performed any hair transplants but there must be something about them if they are behind the clinic also. It´s good you want to offer excellent hair transplants, I was offered a hair transplant by one of your dr´s for only 50 cents more per graft than their new clinic is offering though. "A large motivation" would be though not to use results from dr´s not doing the hair transplants. Along with the name of the clinic and using their results sure does give the impression they are doing the work. It´s irrelevant how closely tied they are to the clinic. OK for people that use forums to see this but for the majority who don´t it could give the wrong idea. I´m sure two dr´s who are "extremely concerned regarding the quantity " wouldn´t want to appear as misrepresenting.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jackie Brown
Whilst I appreciate your interest, I'm not quite sure what your motivations are. You appear to be making some presumptions and the quoting of my words whilst changing the context is somewhat interesting.

Despite this, you raise some good and fair points.

Just to be clear, the opinions expressed below are purely my own.

If I may begin by addressing your presumption that Drs Venetsanos and Kyparissou haven't performed any hair transplant surgeries. You would be wrong. This is why I responded to you explaining "That is a great suggestion. I will request bios from both Drs to be able to introduce them a little further and I will also be sure to request some results that they have already achieved".

When you were offered a hair transplant by either Dr Cole or Dr Bisanga "for only 50 cents more per graft than their new clinic is offering though". If you say so, then I believe you, but maybe it would be fair to add some depth to this. Would you be referring to the price of 2.50 Euros per graft at Bisanga & Coles new clinic? Which of those Doctors offered you a hair transplant for 3 Euros (?) per graft, and when? I think it would also be fair to ask what hair transplant technique was offered and the session size?

A good point that you raise is, ""A large motivation" would be though not to use results from dr´s not doing the hair transplants.". The only available dates right now are March 27 - April 2 with Dr Cole performing surgery on these dates, and then April 15 - April 19 with Dr Bisanga performing surgery on those dates. So in fact, it is completely appropriate to showcase results from these Doctors as we are scheduling dates ONLY with those two Doctors performing the surgery at the moment.

Then if I may address your final comment -"Along with the name of the clinic and using their results sure does give the impression they are doing the work. It´s irrelevant how closely tied they are to the clinic. OK for people that use forums to see this but for the majority who don´t it could give the wrong idea. I´m sure two dr´s who are "extremely concerned regarding the quantity " wouldn´t want to appear as misrepresenting."
I can understand your view point regarding the name of the clinic. But without repeating my words from a previous post regarding the motivation for the decision to open this clinic to offer quality, ethical procedures at competitive prices, the whole point of Drs Bisangas and Coles decision to create this clinic is to offer genuine, honest and transparent options from two of the most ethical, trusted and respected award winning physicians in the field of hair transplantation. Although I can kind of understand your point, the idea of the Drs "misrepresenting" is a sad statement in my opinion. Considering both Doctors are consistently "fixing" many repair patients after surgeries with black market pop up clinics using only inexperienced technicians to do most of if not all of the surgery that exist purely through misrepresentation, to then accuse Drs Bisanga and Cole of such a thing, would be unfair and unjustified.

If for your own reasons you are not convinced, or continue to see issues with the model, then that is your right and your opinion. But I believe that individuals who are invested and care about the industry will genuinely be able to appreciate the great value and opportunity that the Bisanga & Cole Hair Transplant Clinic will add to the field of hair loss.

Many thanks.

J

Jackie Brown

Is there a problem with asking a few questions? Credit for the concept dr´s Cole and Bisanga are doing, although €2.50 is not exactly that low nowadays. There is plenty of information about them already and they aren´t really the important people here anyway, besides a few days working there at the beginning.

It would be nice to know who is doing what and their background. My questions are perfectly valid when looking at a clinic and the staff you haven´t given any background or information to search about. You gave me the questions. You are promoting your new clinic with bios of both dr´s Cole and Bisanga on the website and only pictures of the other dr´s and no profile. And the result of dr Cole and Bisanga and nothing of the others. But like you say they are doing a few days hair transplants so that´s ok. They´ll be removed then after that then, wouldn´t want it to look like misrepresenting results.

On the price I was quoted, thanks for believing me, no reason for me to lie. I was quoted €3.00 per graft for FUE by one of your dr´s, the rest is frankly not your concern. We´ve never spoken and don´t think you represent them at their other clinic.

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@Jackie Brown
Thanks for raising some good points.

I would have to disagree personally and comment that 2.50€ per graft is an exceptional rate for any leading FUE physician. Regarding Drs Bisanga and Cole, there must be some misunderstanding. They won't only be working in Athens for just a few days at the beginning. In fact they will be in charge of all operations and will oversee every detail, including performing further sessions in the future. With this in mind, I think that it makes sense to display some of their results on their website.

As I mentioned before, your suggestion of requesting further information about the other Doctors and the rest of the team is a great idea and something that I am working on. As soon as I have more information, I will be sure to share it.

Dr Cole is undoubtedly one of, if not the most transparent and visionary Doctors in this field. Constantly striving for improvement and answers. If you have not come across his work, then by all means request opinions of him from your most respected Doctors and advisors. Their words will speak wonders.

Dr Bisanga is involved in much humanitarian work in Africa.

These two individuals always hold the patients best interests. It is what they do. It is who they are! Let us not confuse this message. In a market that is growing more and more deceitful and unforgiving, to be able to put your trust in ethical physicians is a great comfort. This is a wonderful opportunity. Let us respect it for what it is.