• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

BRITISH HAIR CLINIC BAD HAIR TRANSPLANT Harley street healthcare

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

ChrisCore

Valued member
Here is my bad experience with British hair clinic in Shenfield Essex and also Harley street healthcare.

I had my consultation in July 2017 at Harley street healthcare in Manchester 82 King street. I met with a Kevin Quest who seemed professional and knew what he was talking about. (how I was wrong). I wasn't completely bald on top I would say Norwood 5. He checked my hair and doner area and said I have OK doner hairs and I would need 6000 fue grafts. On their website, this is 2x Giga Fue at 3000 each. After starting an opening offer of £9000 for the 6000 grafts he slowly started to knock the price down as we sat in silence as I was thinking it over. Ok I will do it at £7000 he said and that was the lowest and a great deal for this many grafts. I said I will think it over and I'll be in touch. some weeks later I received an email from Kevin: Chris, hope you are well. I haven't heard from you for some time. Are you still interested in an FUE hair transplant? I will honour the price of £5,500 for a two stage FUE procedure. However, you will need to pay a deposit this month, also I would like you to put a review on Whatclinic. I believe this is fair on both ends. Let me know your thoughts, kindest regards, Kevin.

So I thought this is a good deal and went ahead and paid the deposit ( £2000) and paid the remainder a couple of weeks later. My invoice shows for 6000 fue including the crown and both temples. I traveled down to British hair clinic in Essex and was met by Af the manager. He never asked how I was or did I have a nice trip or offer me a cup of tea. His first words were "Hello, have you paid?" The doctor was running late so I waited for around half an hour until he showed up. This was Dr Shuja. He and Af looked at my head for about 5 minutes, drawn on a hairline and off I went into the clinic where waiting was 1 technician who could hardly speak English. Dr Shuja was talking to her about what to do and away she went extracting my grafts.

This procedure was over two days, the first day was the back half of my head and the second would be the front half. The procedure was mostly done by this technician on her own apart from when Dr Shuja came in for about an hour punching holes in my scalp. Once the grafts were extracted I had a break and then went back in for the technician to then start to implant the grafts. She was on her own and Dr Shuja would pop his head in the room every hour or so to ask if I'm ok.. Day 2. I arrived back at the clinic at 9 am and was met by a different doctor this time Dr Suhail Alam. The technician (on her own again) extracted more grafts and Dr Suhail punched holes in the front part of my head. The technician then as before started to implant the grafts whilst the doctor left the room and did the same as the previous, came in every hour or so. At around 1 pm Another technician came in to help with the procedure she was English. The two technicians started to implant the grafts. After a while, they were both moaning how tired they were and couldn't concentrate. I felt at least on 20 occasions that grafts were falling down the back of my neck which they dropped. At times I was thinking this is unprofessional but said to myself I'm in the UK not some back street in Turkey!

After I got home, a few weeks past and I never heard from the clinic or Kevin. (Oh and they never did my temples or crown) I had a lot of painful bumps which would burst. I was never told about this so I had to find out myself what was happening. After I posted my review online I had a lot of bad feedback on how callous the work is and very careless. I started to educate myself on how hair transplants are performed and oh was I shocked! Having one technician is impossible to get anywhere near 6000 grafts! The placements where terrible as most of the work was done by her. I have been told I got around 2500 grafts. Now I'm thinking I've been ripped off and lied too. I complained to Kevin and he said he would speak to the clinic. After emails back and forth all I was getting is excuse after excuse which none of them added up. They then started to turn it around and blame me for my poor doner area?!! I was never told I had a poor doner area! But they never seemed to acknowledge the fact the work done was bad, really bad. I wasn't going to let this go so I demanded a partial refund at first so I could get this fixed at least 50%. My emails got ignored and Af the manager blocked me on WhatsApp for requesting my medical notes. After my pictures went online to a Facebook group exposing dodgy hair transplant doctors it all came to light. British hair clinic was owned by the infamous Dr Matee Ullah of KSL! I received an email from Kevin saying we are sending a letter out to you. Good, I thought thinking I may get my money back.. They send me a letter with ridiculous excuses basically saying I agreed to have this bad hair transplant. Oh yes, so I did! Idiots. They then went on to say, If I carry on posting my pictures they will have me prosecuted for defamation and slander and they have there "special team" investigating the online activity. So now they're threatening me? What a nice place this really is! I replied via email saying I am seeing my solicitor and seeking compensation. (I didn't take their bite) Within a few hours, I received an email from Kevin saying he has spoken to their management and they can offer me a 25% refund of £1250. Well, I'm no math expert but 25% of £5,500 isn't £1250. The truth is these people do not know what they are doing or know how many grafts they are implanting. The pictures speak for themselves. I am now left with a substandard hair transplant and £5,500 out of pocket. My solicitor is now taking on this case, so British hair clinic & Harley street healthcare SHAME ON YOU!

Attachments

• H1.jpg
    H1.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 2,562
bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Wow,I truly feel for you after reading this and seeing your pictures. The cheek of it trying to blame you.
I don't blame you for seeking compensation as your treatment was wrong on so many levels.
How on earth can 1 tech do 6000 grafts? I truly hope you have a decent amount of donor left so you can get a repair.
You've done the right thing by coming onto the forums to educate yourself. The part where you felt your grafts getting dropped down your next got me as they are so precious and should be handled with the upmost care.
If in your shoes I would visit some of the doctors on here and get a feel as to what's possible in terms of repair.
Please keep us posted as to how you get on pal;)

bullitnut

bullitnut

Just been and had a look at their website, all I can say is I'm shocked.
Some of the results are atrocious, to say the least.

M

mikey1786

Valued member
Chris
I`m sorry to hear your story mate. It`s a disgrace what they`ve done to you. I like you had 2 terrible hair transplants at a company called ksl. This company liquidated and started a Phoenix company called ksl clinic which is now run by Dr Matee. The good thing is you have now found a place with people who can help and offer advice. Thanks to this forum I found out about different clinics and surgeons. I`m now booked in for a repair job at the Maitland Clinic. The next steps are vital for you. Don`t accept any offer made by this firm regarding your surgery without consulting a legal firm. I am going through this myself so if you`re not sure just send me a message. They`ve done wrong to you and need to be held accountable. Hope you find a resolution
Mikey

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Disgraceful unprofessional Clinic with no morals , I feel your pain my friend hopefully you can get sorted out and get a repair keep us posted .

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Hi Chris

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us , they are disgraceful unprofessional and incompetent with no morals all of them including Kevin Quest , I hope they get back to them what they have done to you , honestly it just boils my blood when I read stories like this , the good thing is you have shared it with us and will have helped a lot of people who are thinking about going with this disgraceful clinic , I wish you all the very best and hope you win your case . on another note you can get consultations to see how much donor you have left and see if you can get a repair , please keep us posted
Take care I care

Daz

G

Gordon

I have booked in a consultation with british hair clinic in 3weeks. Having seen some of the stuff written on here, I am a bit concerned now and don't know who or what to trust.

The thing that worries me about your story is that the pictures used in this thread are in fact taken from elsewhere. You are clearly not genuine and have some personal vendetta.

It is a shame as genuine people lose out.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Gordon wrote:
I have booked in a consultation with british hair clinic in 3weeks. Having seen some of the stuff written on here, I am a bit concerned now and don't know who or what to trust.

The thing that worries me about your story is that the pictures used in this thread are in fact taken from elsewhere. You are clearly not genuine and have some personal vendetta.

How do you know his pictures aren't his own?
Even if they aren't, the pictures on their website displaying their work are awful and should be enough to make you question the quality of work they do.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Gordon for your own sake, do more research, take it from someone who got butchered and spent years trying to live with the consequences. It's just not worth the risk dude. Where are you from? surely there's better options available to you pal.

Have a long think before you pull the trigger with them as you only have a certain amount of donor available and wasting it with a poor HT could ruin your life.

D

Dazzster26

Valued member
Gordon their is more than Chris story about this Clinic why would you even consider going their paying thousands of pounds and taking such risks , take your time mate a HT comes with a price either been mentally and physically and emotionally scarred and having to have repairs that is if their is any Donor left, or having a great experience and your whole life turning around for the better, you just got to take your time and get the right Dr and Clinic Research .
Cheers
Daz

A

Aerospace

Hi Chris, I`m saddened to read your story. I tried to count the grafts from your images, it appears they have transplanted an approximate average of 60-70 grafts in the rows across your head, probably somewhat denser towards the hairline. Counting the rows, you probably had roughly 2500 grafts by my estimate, maybe more, maybe less. Not too many seem to have successfully grown judging by your final result. This could be down to the lack of experience and skill from both doctors and technicians. Why on earth would they transplant the grafts in rows, Stevie wonder would have designed it better. No disrespect to Stevie, he is a cool guy.

You must be finding life very difficult right now, it`s such a tragedy. Your story is out there now though, hopefully, you're able to have some repair surgery to improve the appearance and provide a better quality of life for you.
Wishing you the very best.

Last edited:
C

ChrisCore

Valued member
Gordon wrote:

Dear Gordon.
I am genuine. The admin team on here have verified this. My images were posted elsewhere and now I`m adding them here. If you are truly having a consult with them, good luck.

Here are more pictures taking me to 26 days post op.

8184_300746_050000002.jpg
8184_300746_050000001.jpg

8184_300746_050000000.jpg
8184_300746_050000003.jpg

8184_300747_090000000.jpg
8184_300747_100000003.jpg
8184_300747_100000002.jpg

8184_300747_100000001.jpg
8184_300748_310000001.jpg
8184_300748_310000002.jpg

UPDATE ALMOST 4 MONTH (3 MONTH 3 WEEKS)

8184_300809_150000003.jpg
8184_300809_150000000.jpg

8184_300809_150000004.jpg
8184_300809_150000001.jpg

8184_300809_150000002.jpg
8184_300809_360000004.jpg

8184_300818_580000001.jpg
8184_300818_580000000.jpg

4 month (almost) post op showing donor area.

8184_300833_310000001.jpg
8184_300833_310000000.jpg

8184_300833_310000003.jpg
8184_300833_310000002.jpg

8 month update

As you can see my results are not very good. Hairs are growing different ways loads of bald patches which were missed

8184_300843_510000001.jpg
8184_300843_510000000.jpg

8184_300843_510000002.jpg
8184_300843_510000003.jpg

C

ChrisCore

Valued member
Here is my result at 10 months. It has not improved from this.

8184_011900_070000003.png
8184_011900_070000004.png

Last edited:
A

Aerospace

They have made a big mess of your head, I`ll refrain from posting my thoughts on this clinic, I`m not wanting to lower myself to gutter level. I`m disgusted the way they are treating you.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Chris,
I too am sorry to read about your experience. How old are you and are you on any hair loss prevention meds? Can you post a close up picture of the donor area? Are you shaving the donor zone on a regular basis? Have you consulted with any other clinics recently to see if there €™s enough donor supply for a repair?

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Hi Chris,
Truly sorry to see this kind of result in this year and age...
It will likely take a massive load of grafts to fix or improve.
An alternative, quicker, cheaper and non medical solution can be Micro hair pigmentation if you should consider going for a shaven look hairstyle.
We have performed quite a bit of repair work in this manner.
If this sounds like something for you please let me know by PM.
Bart

C

ChrisCore

Valued member
Gordon wrote:

Hi Gordon.
I can assure you I`m genuine. If you want proof I will be happy to email you or even better, video call you?
It would be nice if you add your pictures to the forum so we can see your hair loss status, then you can let us know what British Hair Clinic suggests. If you do choose them, I hope you have a better experience than I`ve had.
I`m looking forward to your reply.

M

mikey1786

Valued member
Don`t lower yourself Chris. This is clearly someone associated with this butcher shop/ clinic. The good thing is that thanks to forums like this they`ve now been exposed and hopefully that`ll be the end of them.

bullitnut

bullitnut

Couldn't agree with Mikey more, they are obviously associated with the clinic, i would ignore him. i do hope you can find some resolution to your current situation. Clinics like this make me sick.
One thing i have noticed is they are damn good at advertising though.... everywhere i look i seem to see them advertised..... whether it be social media or web browsers or even bargain sites like Groupon, THEY ARE DAMN EVERYWHERE;;::::/.....i wouldn't be surprised if there aren't a lot more people in similar situations as yours that haven't the courage to speak out.
Thanks for sharing your experience and i truly hope it warns others who are contemplating their use.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Chris.
I wish we could welcome you to the forum in a happier tone but unfortunately for you, your result has turned out to be very poor. Reading your story I`m appalled at how they`ve corresponded with you.
I can only imagine the heartache you must be going through.
The forum members will offer help and support to you, hopefully, together we can try to find some sort of repair for you.
Try to keep your hopes alive, we are here for you.
Take care.
Bm.

Status
Not open for further replies.