• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Buying Regaine / Rogaine / Minox..

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Hi all...

Can anyone advise on the best place to purchase Regaine...

Tim

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I purchased my foam and liquid minox from Minoxidil.com

timuk

timuk

Cheers BigM...

Will have a look..

Tim

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I bought mine from www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk

I'm always a bit worried about what you actually get from suppliers on the web - but delivery has been quick - I've ordered two times so far. My only problem has been I ordered the liquid stuff rather than the foam last time (by mistake) and am having to work my way through it.

timuk

timuk

Hi BS...

Yes the liquid was no good for me... I tried it years ago.... and gave up with it. The foam is excellent....

I only use it once a day before bed time... was going to give up but like you I took advice from Janna...

Not sure if its done anything... but it cant hurt...

Tim

timuk

timuk

Hi BigM..

Yep... got some via the link Baldspot posted..

http://www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk

I was amazed as it came direct from the USA and arrived a few days after I ordered it...

I bought the 4 months suppy... as I only use it once a day (at night) I probably use about 75% of the daily suggested amount... so it should last me about 6 months..

This site seems to be the best deal at the moment... but maybe if anyone else has found better they could let us all know..

Maybe a section for trusted / proved suppliers would be a good idea... ??

Tim

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I just checked and thats who i was buying mine from too ;;D

Did you get the foam or the liquid.

Cheers bm.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
I think you gave me the original link to www.minoxidil-direct.co.uk Bigmac. It didn't stop me from being a twat and ordering a year's supply of liquid rather than foam...

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Lol Baldspot

I can remember passing the link on now.

A years supply,hope it works.

The liquid however gave me a severe skin reaction as in scratching my head like crazy.

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
Bigmac,
Yeah this year's supply looks like it's going to last nearly 12 months... and I can't say I'm enjoying it :). No severe skin reaction but def not as nice as the foam. I'm also getting hairs growing on my palms...

timuk

timuk

Baldspot...

are you sure its the minox thats causing hairs on the palms of your hands :T:

or is that just an excuse !!

Tim

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
thanks for posting the link guys just ordered some foam first time user so i hope it makes me into chewbacca :)

Baldspot

Baldspot

Valued member
timuk - lol that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

bullitnut - I think the HT from SMG will do that for you but every little helps...

Last edited:
P

poirot

I get my supply of minoxidil 5% from http://www.stopmhairloss.co.uk

They deliver within 2 days of ordering, in an unmarked package :)

I have been using them for over 18 months now and have not had any problems.

I am happy with the results, but I really wish I had started to use it in my late 20's when my hair loss started.;;::::/

H

hairtodaygonetomorrow

Valued member
ive had a bash at this for the last two months or so give or take a week and i gotta say i dont know whether its placebo effect or not but my hair does seem to look thicker...or maybe im just getting used to having short hair now lol...

gotta ask though whats the difference between the foam and liquid...i just got the liquid with the dropped thing in and seems ok to me...but most are prefering the foam..why???

just im due to order some more so was thinking should maybe use the foam this time

janna

janna

Valuable Member
They are basically the same thing - both 5% versions. The difference with the foam is that it does not cause irritation to the scalp as much as the liquid for most patients. If you are not getting any type of irritation from the liquid and it's cheaper or easier to attain - then by all means use the liquid version. From what I hear, the foam also does not feel greasy or messy and can be used to aid in hair styling rather than hinder it.

We tell our patients to use the foam or liquid just once a day rather than twice a day as directed on the box. I think it's overkill to use it more than once a day. If you apply it at night before bed, then you don't have to worry about hair styles and not think about it -- just shampoo hair and style as normal in the morning.

T

thisisdan

I've also used minoxidil. It's worked quite well. There is a period when your hair seems to fall out in clumps at the start but after about three weeks it starts to grow back much stronger. It also takes a bit of commitment to apply it twice a day but if you stick with it, in my experience, it does work quite well. I wasn't too hot on ordering from the US so I used regrowth. ie It works out at about a tenner a month if you go for the six month deal. Like I say. It's not a miracle cure but it does help.

A

andyking

You can buy Rogaine from - burglarking- Recently, I have recd 15% discount coupon. The discount coupon number is 5234E. You also can take an advantage of free shipping with code 4848B - You can use either Discount code or free shipping code, you can not use both at a time. If any one of you want to buy propecia and want to take advantage of discount or free shipping, you can try these coupon codes. I believe it should work for you also.