• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Candidate for hair transplant? Consultation with Bisanga in October

I

Itsross

Hey all,

just wanted to ask your opinion if I appear to be a good candidate for hair transplant,

I’m 31 and have done well to conceal hair loss with dermatch and fibres but taken the plunge and booked consultation with Dr Bisanga in October.

I don’t take finestride due to previous sexual problems

Let me know you’re thoughts

Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Itsross.
Without pictures it’s hard to say if you’re a candidate.
Some pictures and a bit more info would help. Family history of hair loss, you’re Norwood pattern, anything else you’re taking to stabilise the loss.
Was the Finasteride in tablet form? Have you considered topical Finasteride or oral minoxidil?

I

Itsross

Sorry I did attach images but didn’t work,

my dad is bald but mums side was fine,

I would consider oral minoxidil for sure

Attachments

• FF0DD522-2E9B-4028-8480-28941EDDF89B.jpeg
    FF0DD522-2E9B-4028-8480-28941EDDF89B.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 152
  • 12B8A3BE-7075-42D6-9164-2C511294663B.jpeg
    12B8A3BE-7075-42D6-9164-2C511294663B.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 7F8BC276-3326-4954-98D8-AC5FB22002A7.jpeg
    7F8BC276-3326-4954-98D8-AC5FB22002A7.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 156
  • 6EC4C746-2B01-495B-A39B-E812C56885BC.jpeg
    6EC4C746-2B01-495B-A39B-E812C56885BC.jpeg
    105.5 KB · Views: 154
M

mustang2

Valued member
While your donor isn't the best I have seen you are still a good candidate for surgery.

I don't see any limitations to extract 3.5k from it and restore frontal density.

Make sure to be on treatment because it will continue to progress and you might run out of donor after a second operation.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I’m sure Dr Bisanga will talk you through the various options with the meds. It looks like a skin fade type haircut you have which doesn’t show all the donor but looking at it as is I’d say its good enough and will supply enough grafts to restore the frontal half with a natural look and decent density.

BeforeSunset

BeforeSunset

Hey all,

just wanted to ask your opinion if I appear to be a good candidate for hair transplant,

I’m 31 and have done well to conceal hair loss with dermatch and fibres but taken the plunge and booked consultation with Dr Bisanga in October.

I don’t take finestride due to previous sexual problems

Let me know you’re thoughts

Thanks

Do you plan to do Post-Up Clinic Check-In? I take it you don't live in Belgium, and I assume such post op visits are normal/required. Such as described here: "FUE Post-Op 6 Months – Fourth Clinic Check-in.
EDIT: I have to say I know very little of this, I am new to everything regarding HTs

I

Itsross

Thanks all,

I’m hoping it goes well with my consultation on the 3rd Oct and aiming for the transplant January time.
I will certainly start oral minoxidil but not finesteride and would be happy to travel back to Belgium for check ups if that was needed

thanks again

Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
@ltsross - We are very happy that you will be joining us for consultation and Dr. Bisanga is looking forward to meeting you. He will guide you through the consultation and outline your candidacy and what may be appropriate and achievable based on his assessment and your objectives. Your patient advisor will then follow up with a summary of recommendations and to liaise if you may have further questions and to provide similar case examples etc.

In person post operative check ups are not requirements post surgery. You would be in close contact with your patient advisor throughout and would receive Dr. Bisanga´s feedback on photos and questions that you may have related to your case. Of course as with all patients, you would be more than welcome to visit Brussels in person for check ups if you so desired, but it is not the norm as is not always feasible given the international patient base of the clinic and also given the unique growth timeline of each patient, a check up at 12 months would be more appropriate and useful.

We look forward to seeing you soon.