• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Chose Harley Street Hair Clinic!

S

sony

But this was before finding this forum... I hope I made the right choice- can anyone recommend it?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Only time will tell if you`ve already had your hair transplant. Could you document your story with images and graft count?

S

sony

I've paid the deposit only but it's non refundable. Everything I have read appears to be good but I couldn't see much on here?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I`ve just amended the thread.
I had the wrong place. Harley street hair clinic is fine. I believe most of their results are posted on Youtube.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It would be great if you could share your story on here once you`ve had your HT. It will help others who are in the research process.
All the best and good luck.

S

sony

I will.

In fact I'll attach some before pictures now. I am getting nervous- the transplant takes place on the 6-7th July. Can't wait to get a normal hairline again though!

Hair 2-2.jpg
Hair 3-2.jpg
Hair 4-2.jpg
Hair 6-2.jpg
Hair-2.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
How many grafts are you going to have? Which doctor at Harley Street will be performing your surgery?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
There's not much info on their website about this doctor, 2000 grafts, is the plan to concentrate on the front half?

S

sony

Yes, I can't find anything at all either which concerned me... Plan is to do it all- 2000 grafts seemed a small amount to me?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking at your pictures I`d say a slightly higher amount, possibly 2500 if you`re having crown work too. Have you looked on Youtube to see if any patients mention the doctor? You could ask the clinic for some referrals as well and confirm what the exact surgery plan is. It may be that they have estimated 2000 but will do more if needed. Again you need to confirm this and things like what density they are planning.
An informed patient is a happy one. The last thing both of you want is you walking away thinking they did not give you what you wanted or what was agreed.

S

sony

Agreed. I have asked for more details by email. The patient coordinator is very responsive and always happy to answer questions.

S

sony

Actually just checked my email and he has already responded!

Good to hear from you,

As discussed Dr Vida (GMC:7481644) as worked with us for over 5 years and has performed approximately 1200 transplants in that time, whether he is well known on forums I cannot say but I can tell you he is hugely experienced in cases such as yours and performs the entire treatment himself, unlike most surgeons who use teams of nurses and technicians.

As discussed, we have not met you so we would like to start off with a sensible number of grafts to ensure no donor depletion, should we find we require more grafts once we start (and they can be extracted safely) then we shall do so at no extra cost, 2000 grafts is a big session, it is the accurate and meticulous placement of those grafts in the correct direction and location that really creates a result.

Rest assured we understand your concerns and we will leave no stone unturned to achieve the optimum result for you.

We are looking forward to having you with us.

S

sony

By the way we haven't met but did a WhatsApp consultation as well as having talking on the phone A LOT!

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That sounds fair enough, especially not seeing them in person yet, so your graft numbers could very well change when the doctor sees you. As long as you`re fully informed which it seems they`re doing, I think you will be fine.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
That's good. Going for something like this should not be taken lightly. Go forward knowing all the facts, this should result in a happy outcome.

N

Nathanw32

Hi Sony,

I have also just paid a deposit with these. Did they let you pick a branch? Birmingham/London/Manchester?
I can’t find much information on this site about them.

M

mazalov_an

Hi Sony, hope your surgery went well and you get the outcome you're looking for. All the best.