• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

CKTP 1883 FUE with Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi,

This patient travelled a great distance to get a fue session with Dr. Ron Shapiro. It was important to him to get a natural hairline with FUE method so he can have the option to shave his head in the future if he so desired.

This 30+yr old patient scheduled himself to be in Minnesota for a week so he could recuperate and get rechecked at SMG couple times before his long journey back home. A two day session was scheduled but at the end of session #2, we kept the next day open for possible touch up (which we did). The total graft count - 1883 = 3390 hairs.

Hair and Graft Count -

1's - 627

2's - 925

3's - 324

4's - 7

We look forward to his regular updates -

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

Slide7.jpg

Slide8.jpg

Slide9.jpg

Slide10.jpg

Slide11.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Janna,

There aint much sign that any surgery has been done,you sure he got that many grafts )(_::Just funning of course.

The work looks very good with no visible signs of scabbing,how come?

It will be interesting to see more SMG FUE results,i hope this patient sends regular updates.

Out of interest where did he travel from.

Thanks

bm.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
When the grafts are extracted via fue, we trim and inspect each graft. There isn't much epithilium (skin tissue) remaining on the grafts after the trimming so once they are planted, all you see is a shading of hairs. The donor site is buzzed down with zero guard for easier extraction otherwise you'd see more of the transplanted hairs sticking out as you see with our strip cases. With the fue extraction, the follicles are more vulnerable as there isn't much protective tissue around them. We take this into consideration and handle the fue grafts more tenderly and appropriately.

He is from New Zealand.

We are anxious to see our fue patients' updates as well and hope they keep us posted.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
You wouldn't actually think he's had surgery at 4 days post op. I'm looking forward to seeing the results grown out as the proof is in the pudding. I think I read somewhere that FUE at SMG is $6 a graft, if thats correct and the results of the FUE mirror your strip results. IMO there's only one place to go for FUE and thats SMG. Also read a great article by Dr Ron in regards to the strengths and limitaitons of FUE vs Strip, it was nice to see all the information in one coherent document rather than distributed across various forum posts.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Fabulous--No sign of surgery at day 4. Impressive again. I was the same with my strip surgery except for ofcourse the donor area. I will be very interested in seeing the final result. Beautiful work.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
janna wrote:
When the grafts are extracted via fue, we trim and inspect each graft. There isn't much epithilium (skin tissue) remaining on the grafts after the trimming so once they are planted, all you see is a shading of hairs. The donor site is buzzed down with zero guard for easier extraction otherwise you'd see more of the transplanted hairs sticking out as you see with our strip cases. With the fue extraction, the follicles are more vulnerable as there isn't much protective tissue around them. We take this into consideration and handle the fue grafts more tenderly and appropriately.

He is from New Zealand.

We are anxious to see our fue patients' updates as well and hope they keep us posted.

Thanks for clarifying that.

All the way from New Zealand,i dont envy his flight.

bm

timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Wow....

4 days later and no signs of work... I am just so jealous :)

Great work... yet again..

Timbo

C

cktp

Valued member
Hello everyone. My name is Cameron and I am the one in the pictures that were posted by Janna.

I would like to share my experience with Shaprio Medical Group and why I chose them to get my hair transplant.

I spent a lot of time on various forums researching and reading about other peoples experiences and results. I had a few consultations with other Doctors; however I didn't feel comfortable knowing that I would be in good hands.

All my research pointed to SMG, so I got in touch with "the B spot", who provided me with some good honest advice/support and put me in touch with SMG's Patient Educator, Matt Zupan.

Matt contacted me and arranged for a consultation over the phone and via email. I was impressed with his professional, friendly approach and with the information provided to me. I then took some time to think about everything and decided to go ahead with SMG.

When I arrived at SMG, I was greeted by Matt and Dr. Ron Shapiro who went over the procedure and discussed my expectations etc. My hairline was then drawn in by Dr. Shapiro and then I was given meds prior to the procedure, which was scheduled for 2-3 days.

During the three days, I felt completely comfortable in Dr. Shapiro's hands and at the hands of his technicians. I was totally impressed with everyone I dealt with and was well looked after throughout the procedure. Everyone was very professional, yet friendly and easy to get along with.

As you can see by the results at four days post-op, I am so happy with the result that words can't explain how I feel. I do however understand that it is "early days" yet and that I still have a long way to go.

In summary, I highly recommend Dr. Shapiro and his team, as I felt that my experience was "top notch".

Please feel free to ask any questions. I will ensure to post updates and will post some one week post-op pictures later today.

Cheers,
Cameron.

Last edited:
C

cktp

Valued member
Here are some 1 week post-op pics.

1WeekPost-OpTopView.jpg
1WeekPost-OpTiltView.jpg

1WeekPost-OpBackView.jpg
1WeekPost-OpFrontView.jpg

Last edited:
janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Cameron,

Looks like you figured out how to post pics yourself. Nice job. Are you liking the shaved look?

It still looks extremely clean. Have you started the process of removing the little scabs?

C

cktp

Valued member
janna wrote:
Hi Cameron,

Looks like you figured out how to post pics yourself. Nice job. Are you liking the shaved look?

It still looks extremely clean. Have you started the process of removing the little scabs?
Hi Janna,

Yeah, I finally got the code right, so I could embed the images correctly. :)

I'm slowly getting used to the shaved look. A lot of people have said that it suits me better than when i have my hair longer.

Both the donor and recepient is very clean. I have had minimal scabbing and the scabs that I have are tiny.

Yes, I have started to remove the scabs gently each day. There are only a handful left.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi cktp.

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear you had a great experience, the work looks very good.

You are healing nicely with little signs of surgery at one week post op.

The shaved look does look good on you .

Cheers bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Welcome to the forum Cameron. Glad you posted your experience for people as I truly feel it is important for all of us to "give back" and help others still contemplating things. You look fantastic and the work is extremely clean looking.

Even though I am a huge advocate of SMG I still was/am slightly hesitant to recommend them for FUE as it is a rather newer technique for them and I honestly have not seen enough grown out results. However, I honestly have never seen such clean post-op FUE work and traditionally this translates into great growth and results so likely I see no reason for that trend not to continue. I know them pretty well at SMG and I know that they wouldn't jump into things blind so you'll be golden.

Thanks again for posting and please let us support you and follow your progress.

NN

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
welcome to the forum buddy the work looks absolutely amazing and the shaved look really suits you imo please keep us updated palZ:Bbest wishes bn

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
Very good work, virtually no signs after 4 days!

Great job and 'respect' for this FUE job.

A

AJKV

Valued member
Hi bverotti,

is this an unusual clean and marginal invasive looking work or do you know similar cases in your clinic? Is it primarily depending on the patient's physiology or the skills of surgeon?

Best regards

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic

Prohairclinic FUE and SMP
I believe this is something you can expect from a top clinic and patients with good healing properties.

greetz

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi CTKP.

Hows it all looking now,has all the redness subsided.

bm.

M

Mountain

Valued member
Are there any pictures of cases where Dr. Shapiro removed plugs on the hairline and spread out the grafts? I've heard that sometimes they take the whole hairline out.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Hi Mountain,

We've done many cases where we take some plugs out at the hairline. I'll have to see what we have for pictures.

When you take the whole hairline section out, it's called resection. I know of two well documented cases where this technique was performed. You can email me and I'll send some pics out to you.