• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Could my hairline be lowered safely?

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

Hello I am making a new thread a more specific question.

I want to know if my hairline could be lowered safely without damaging my forehead muscle strands and/or giving an unnatural appearance

I’ve attached some pictures. Ideally I want to lower the hairline a bit and add density to the front and crown. I could get the latter done, but I am wondering more about the hairline.

I’ve attached some pictures.

Here are some of the responses I’ve received so far from clinics:

Vera clinic: $2500 USD for 2500-2700 grafts to fill in the front, crown, and bring the hairline lower. The doctor said it’s safe to bring hairline lower in my case and possibly add grafts to areas in which the pre-existing follicle is already dead. I guess they can only determine this in person with a microscope.
Vera clinic’s before and afters for hairlines don’t look natural, however.

Cosmedica: Did not INITIALLY recommend surgery, said hairline was too low for the forehead muscles, and said the front was thin but not bald enough for safe transplantation. They said maybe the crown.
When I told them that other clinics had accepted me for the procedure, they conceded and said they can use 2500-3000 grafts to make the existing hairline thicker and fill in the crown, but they won’t lower hairline.

Dr. Serkan Aygin: Turned me down for transplant and recommended medication only. He said I have good existing hair roots which could be damaged if I undergo a transplantation right now.

Elittransplant: Said hairline could not be lowered/ and I am not suitable for transplant.

I am still waiting to hear back from....

-Hair of Istanbul
-HLC
-Dr. Koray (probably will avoid though)
-AEK
-Dr. Keser
-Dr. Demirsoy.
-Eugenix clinic in India

I will post their assessments here.

But I was wondering what everyone else thinks. I am leaning toward getting a transplant for density but not re-creating the hairline.

Attachments

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
I would not lower the hairline if I were in your shoes. You could have some density added if it bothers you. Your crown would benefit from Finasteride if you`re not using it. You would have to read up on possible side effects.
How old are you?

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

Im
I would not lower the hairline if I were in your shoes. You could have some density added if it bothers you. Your crown would benefit from Finasteride if you`re not using it. You would have to read up on possible side effects.
How old are you?
I’m 30 and tbh I’m terrified of the fin side effects. I really want to put it off as long as I can. I’m not down with watery semen, lol.

I’ve consulted with enough clinics now and realized I can’t lower the hairline, forehead muscles are too high. Some clinics will add density to the front though, some even want to fill in the frontal-temporal region.

Some have said that transplanting to the frontal region for added density can damage the existing hairs, however I’m not sure how bad this will be since it’ll be the thin weak areas that are susceptible to the permanent damage anyway.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
A skilled doctor should be able to add decent density for you. Without Finasteride or any other alternatives, you risk losing more hair. If you did go ahead, I`d be as conservative as possible and speak with the clinic about future loss.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Hi mate
I wouldn't touch the hairline cos u could get shockloss from the hair transplant surgery then u will be chasing ur hairloss with more hair transplants
That's what happened to me mate
I wish I'd never had any hair transplants at all
I wish I had gone on meds,and got a decent haircut to make hair look better
U could always try hair fibres for the crown cos they do look really good
DO NOT RUSH INTO THIS
when u see famous people who have had hair transplants that really good u have to remember they have make up artists that make there hair look as good as possible

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

Hi mate
I wouldn't touch the hairline cos u could get shockloss from the hair transplant surgery then u will be chasing ur hairloss with more hair transplants
That's what happened to me mate
I wish I'd never had any hair transplants at all
I wish I had gone on meds,and got a decent haircut to make hair look better
U could always try hair fibres for the crown cos they do look really good
DO NOT RUSH INTO THIS
when u see famous people who have had hair transplants that really good u have to remember they have make up artists that make there hair look as good as possible
I‘m not gonna lower the hairline as all clinics have advised against this except one very inexpensive place in Turkey, which I’m obviously avoiding.

But I do want more density there at the front. Some clinics say shock loss can occur such as Eugenix, others say it’s fine to add density there. Even excellent clinics in Turkey like HCL and Demirsoy both included frontal grafts as part of my assessment.
can you tell me more about your experience and what happened? You lost both the implanted and the original hairs ? Was your case similar to mine ?

Last edited:
Pheonix997

Pheonix997

A skilled doctor should be able to add decent density for you. Without Finasteride or any other alternatives, you risk losing more hair. If you did go ahead, I`d be as conservative as possible and speak with the clinic about future loss.
Why only a skilled doctor ? Obviously I am looking for a good doctor, but what could happen if I choose a less than ideal one ? IMO since I’m not redesigning the hairline I sort of see my procedure as relatively straight forward.

I’m new to this world and I’m learning but from what I’ve seen so far botched shitty results seem to be from poorly designed and/or implanted hairlines.

I can’t really see how a surgeon even a not-so-good one can botch a simple, small procedure like mine where density is being added to two small specific areas. Other than shock loss of course.

Because of this, I’m not so sure I need a topline surgeon. Tbh if I needed the hairline done I would spend maximum money and prob go to that magician in Madrid. But I don’t see why my case warrants spending 10K+. I feel like a 5-6K surgery would get me as good a result as a 20k one.

if I’m misguided, please tell me before I make a big mistake lol.

Last edited:
Pheonix997

Pheonix997

Terrified of finasteride bud. I think the reports of debilitating sexual sides is more likely true than not given that finasteride does indeed inhibit the most potent male hormone responsible for sexual development and function. I mean, the reported extreme effects do seem to make logical sense, do they not ?

I’m thinking about trying it to see how I react. But I’m unsure.

for sure I’ll try Minox again but that messed up my skin.Yes, actually - wrinkles, dark circles under eyes, skin seemed dried up and deprived of water. I looked older.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

My experience was
All I had was a receding hairline
So I had my first transplant to fill in the area
I didn't take finesteride
My transplants were very thin and poor and angles grew upwards
So I had another hair transplant again no finesteride
I suffered shockloss and 2nd transplant didn't give me what I wanted
So had my 3rd hair transplant to fix everything
Didn't really work and shockloss was worse again didn't take finesteride
So I'm left with crap looking hair,patch thin areas,and hair that grows upwards
I also have 2 strip scars so I now cant cut my hair short
I tried minoxidil it was a pain in the arse to apply every day so stopped that

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

My experience was
All I had was a receding hairline
So I had my first transplant to fill in the area
I didn't take finesteride
My transplants were very thin and poor and angles grew upwards
So I had another hair transplant again no finesteride
I suffered shockloss and 2nd transplant didn't give me what I wanted
So had my 3rd hair transplant to fix everything
Didn't really work and shockloss was worse again didn't take finesteride
So I'm left with crap looking hair,patch thin areas,and hair that grows upwards
I also have 2 strip scars so I now cant cut my hair short
I tried minoxidil it was a pain in the arse to apply every day so stopped that
The shock loss occurred to the transplanted area behind the new hairline I’m assuming, because the new hairline area would have been bald before since you said you were receding. So I guess you had density added to the front area, as I’m looking to do, and that’s where the shock loss occurred ?

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

ohhh you suffered shock loss on the second transplant to the new hairline created by the first. Got it.

I don’t understand why your transplants “didn’t work” though. And who was your surgeon if you don’t mind me asking.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

My transplants did work but they were put in at the wrong angles also they looked too coarse
Basically it was my original hair that got shockloss not any of the transplant hair so I had to have transplants in them areas to fix but after that transplant more shockloss happened with my original hair so I had to keep having more work so I kept chasing my hairloss
My surgeon for the first transplant was dr desmond greaves who worked in the uk he was struck off the GMC because he lied about his qualifications
The rest of my transplants were by dr alan feller at feller medical

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

My transplants did work but they were put in at the wrong angles also they looked too coarse
Basically it was my original hair that got shockloss not any of the transplant hair so I had to have transplants in them areas to fix but after that transplant more shockloss happened with my original hair so I had to keep having more work so I kept chasing my hairloss
My surgeon for the first transplant was dr desmond greaves who worked in the uk he was struck off the GMC because he lied about his qualifications
The rest of my transplants were by dr alan feller at feller medical
damn. You think this is likely with me ?

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Differcult to say
I think ur hairline and front area looks fine
Ur mid and crown area is thin yes but finesteride could help with that but I know u dont want to take I understand,not for everyone
Is ur hair brushed back cos it hides the thin crown area better?
It's ok just thought if u got a different hair style that's all but I know the slick back style is in at the mo.
I thought that just having a couple of hair transplants then i would be done and happy and move on with my life but it's not the case
U need to think long term cos I didn't and it's all I ever think about now
Have u spoken to dr ball at maitland clinic in uk cos in my opinion I think they are the best and they are honest and will advise u all the way

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

Differcult to say
I think ur hairline and front area looks fine
Ur mid and crown area is thin yes but finesteride could help with that but I know u dont want to take I understand,not for everyone
Is ur hair brushed back cos it hides the thin crown area better?
It's ok just thought if u got a different hair style that's all but I know the slick back style is in at the mo.
I thought that just having a couple of hair transplants then i would be done and happy and move on with my life but it's not the case
U need to think long term cos I didn't and it's all I ever think about now
Have u spoken to dr ball at maitland clinic in uk cos in my opinion I think they are the best and they are honest and will advise u all the way
I do a pompadour style, when it gets longer yeah I slick it up and back because that suits me best I think. Don’t be fooled no hairstyle can make up for thin hair haha. And I hate compensating. Same reason I don’t like hair fibers. I mean all this work to hide thin hair - just get a damn transplant and be free loll, is my view.

But yeah I don’t suit many styles of hair so what were you recommending? Long hair makes me look old I like a cleaner look.

Tbh I didn’t think my crown was even that bad until recently so it didn’t influence my hair style. I was more concerned about the front because that’s what I and others see most.

Pheonix997

Pheonix997

Here is a pic of my hair
See what I mean about angles
Yes I see, that’s definitely not a happy result. Must be frustrating man. Maybe the shock loss occurred because of how the hair was inserted?

If shock loss were a risk for me I don’t know why a reputable surgeon like Demirsoy who clearly doesn’t seem to skim on quality For higher profits wouldn’t mention this. Eugenix clinic did mention it and only advised density for fronto-temporal areas and crown and to leave the front as is.

my front region is what bothers me most, though.

P

Philwhitehouseuk

Mate dont I know it
Fibres styling hair in a certain way yeah it's all a pain I know
I think that u could go for a short back and sides cut shorter on top as that always makes hair appear thicker and also easier