• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Creation of Hairline on Female Pt - Dr. Ron Shapiro

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
A local female patient of Dr. Ron Shapiro came in for a 1 year follow up yesterday.
Her fine hair with high forehead bothered her so our goal was to lower the hairline with natural looking density. Patient is very satisfied with the end results. She normally highlights her hair throughout but has not touched the transplanted hairs due to fear of harsh chemicals damaging them.

We've put together some side by side comparisons to show before and after with few immediate post op pics.

Surgery - June 11, 2008
2023 Grafts = 3980 Hairs

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Janna

This is some fine looking work,very natural.

How many cm`s was the hairline lowered?.Her forehead did appear to be quite high but now its sorted and is one to show other women who have similar concerns as this patient.

Thanks bm.

Kasia

Kasia

Valued member
Hi Janna

I like that design, you can clearly see transplanted FU's ( much darker) but is looking very natural and once she even the colour will look great, what was the density?

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Thanks BM and Kasia,

I believe it was lowered approx 2-3cm depending since the hairline isn't just straight. The density of our hairlines are typically around 45-55 grafts per cm2. The incisions per cm2 gets a little lower behind it but the number of hairs per fu increases to 2's and 3's.

I agree with the hair coloring and highlights - once she feels secure enough to do the highlighting in the front, you won't be able to tell the difference between native and transplanted hairs.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
looks incredible its great to see women on here, nice job smg very natural and a great transformation ¬b`....... how long after the ht would she have been ok to colour the front to match(was she just being overly cautious, which i imagine is a common reaction from most ht patients)?Z:B

ps

very pretty lady too mmmm~LVlol better go now before the other half steals my pc;;D

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
At one year post op, I personally think she's being overly cautious but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Hey nw5a, how are you?

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Several times I have made the statement that work on women seperates the OK docs from the elite. This is fantastic. She looks awesome and everything blends so perfectly. At some point she is going to have to have the hair colour match however but I can understand her trepidation.

NN

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Janna

Do you have any pictures of this patients donor area.

Also do you find women handle the surgery better than men,ie on a percentage not as many are as nervous.

Thanks bm.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
Hi Bigmac,

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I was on vacation all last week.

We did not take pictures of this patient's donor area when she came for her 1 yr follow up visit because there wasn't any reason to. Her donor scar was a non issue and it would have been hard to find it in the picture anyway.

As for female patient being easier? Yes - for the most part. They tend to have higher pain tolerance - imo. Of course there are exceptions to this rule.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Janna.

Good to hear her donor area is great.

As for higher pain tolerance.....hmmmm.

bm.

P

persiameneses

Wow. This helps me decide to undergo a hair transplant. I wish this would go as well as hers. I am really envious.

B

bradray

Hi Janna, Is hair transplant is safe? & there is no side effects in future. I used some hair loss products but not getting good results.....suggest me if u have any idea!!!