• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Crown results

N

Nimi12345

Hi everyone,
New to the forum. Have seen some brilliant results for front and sides but not many for the crown. My crown is in a bad state along with the top and front . Why is the crown so difficult. I have attached a few pics.

20200617_201836.jpg

Attachments

• 20200617_201844.jpg
    20200617_201844.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 150
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
Crowns usually eat up a lot of grafts, in a lot of cases the patient does not have enough donor to cover or recreate the crown. Clinics and patients will usually focus on the front half of a patient's scalp depending on their hair loss pattern.
If your loss is mainly the crown, then something can be done to improve it. Finasteride works very well for crown loss.
Most of my hair loss was the crown. You can read my journey here Bigmacs hair transplant
You can see my result 12 years after my first repair surgery back in 2008.
My first hair transplants were towards the end of the 90s and 2005

N

Nimi12345

Welcome to the forum.
Crowns usually eat up a lot of grafts, in a lot of cases the patient does not have enough donor to cover or recreate the crown. Clinics and patients will usually focus on the front half of a patient's scalp depending on their hair loss pattern.
If your loss is mainly the crown, then something can be done to improve it. Finasteride works very well for crown loss.
Most of my hair loss was the crown. You can read my journey here Bigmacs hair transplant
You can see my result 12 years after my first repair surgery back in 2008.
My first hair transplants were towards the end of the 90s and 2005
Wow, so impressed with your results. Feel like mine is alot more area than yours. I was on the flight back from istanbul last night and spoke to some passengers who had it done from Dr Serkan Aygin. Some good and bad reviews on trustpilot on them.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, you`ve lost more in the crown than me. My crown was worse, like yours, the loss was spreading out towards the lateral humps (sides) and creeping towards my hairline but Finasteride put a stop to that and regrew quite a bit of miniaturised hairs.

Have you looked into hair loss medications?