• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

DermMatch - Before/After

janna

janna

Valuable Member
Here are two examples of what DermMatch can do to help conceal hairloss:

Slide1.jpg

Front and Topview of same individual with DermMatch:

Slide3.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks good.

That first guy would look even better imo if he applied some Nanogen on top of that DermMatch.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Great looking results. I agree with Bigmac in that Nanogen would have made even that much more of a difference. Great photos to depict the difference. ¬b`

NN

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
just wondering if anyones ever used dermMatch on here as I might give it ago on my hairline to make it look thicker for when I go out on the beer.

S

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Shang,

I am a complete idiot and had trouble applying Dermatch properly. I will on occasion use Nanogen as it is easy to use and make a great difference. (you can buy from link at bottom of screen). I tend to not like the idea of wearing it regularly though as then I would be self conscious when not wearing. Silly I guess but true.

NN

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
NN,

can anyone tell when you have it on? i'm not looking to wear it regulary probly one night a week.

shang

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
No, but make sure that you do inspect after applying as once I notice my crown area looked smeared like shoepolish. Clearly if I didn't correct it could have been seen by others and my mates are relentless. If done correctly it can do wonders. Personally I don't try to over do it but just to give a slight boost to the density.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
We've tested Nanogen and DermMatch. For the hairline, there no contest...it's DermMatch or nothing. Matt can attest - Nanogen was sprinkled up and down his face when he wanted coverage in the hairline. I don't know if I laughed quite so hard as him trying Nanogen despite using DermMatch for years. You don't get the control of applying it exactly where you want it with Nanogen. If you need the look of density behind the hairline and in the crown area - Nanogen is king.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Tell Matt he has to lay on his back and sprinkle it on with a mirror positioned for accuracy.Then apply holding solution/hairspray.:)

janna

janna

Valuable Member
You can tell him. He tried the Nanogen as a favor the first time when the Nanogen competition was taking place. I think it might be difficult to get him to try again when he's so sold on DermMatch for his hairline. Plus, we gave the Nanogen away.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Looks like i'm gonna give DermMatch a try then. Can anyone give me their opinion on which colour I should get, evidently i'm not a silver fox, i'm thinking light brown. The links to the dermMatch colours and my hair colour are presented below. Anyones help in shang picking a colour (the right colour) would be gratefully received.

God bless ur.

Shang

Url to dermMatch colours:

https://www.dermmatch.com/cgi-bin/lc2c_authorizenet2.cgi

Url to my mop colour:

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=58&forum_id=2

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Shang...

I think that both products are good... but I found dermatch very good for hiding my previous UK strip scar... even now when I have my hair cut shorter than 1 inch I get a bit paranoid about the "go faster stripes showing"... I use dermatch on rare occasions...

I did try it on my hair line... but was not that impressed.

As for Nano... that is a great product also... my hairdresser could not believe how good it was and is now using it on a couple of her female clients... she was also impressed with the dermatch..

Of the two... Dermatch for the back and Nano for the top and hairline.

I think it is a personal choice... as opinions differ.

One bit of advice I would give you is dont wait until the day you want to go out to try it... give yourself a good few practice runs first, sort of trial and error....practice makes perfect...

I agree with NN (yes... again!!).. these products are not something that I wanted to start to rely on as I could have ended up feeling paranoid without it... as with my HT now fully grown I can achieve a virtual "full head of hair" effect using both products.... the whole purpose of my HT was to forget about my hair worries and not spend ages messing about with it everyday.... I wanted to "wash and go" so to speak !!

I have not used anything for awhile... but I have a sort of school reunion soon and I will be applying a little of both.... and thats what I will only ever use it for... the odd special occasion...

Good luck and let us know how you get on mate.

Tim..

PS.. NN... when I said I agreed with you... I did not mean the bit where you mentioned being a complete idiot...(we are amazing... imagine what we could both do with a whole brain).. ;;D

Also... do you still have your Nano pics posted for the competition.... I think you should have won an award for "making a tub of nano last the longest"..

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
::}{: Well I guess my abilities with the Nanogen are now legendary. I understand that with the product one like myself might have the ability to get complete coverage but all I look for with the product is to provide added density and to somewhat limit the contrast. Personally I feel that when I tried to look like I had a very full head of hair my head had that "ronco" look to it--remember the stuff you spray on. I think the optimal amount is not necessarily what gives the most coverage/density.

NN

janna

janna

Valuable Member
timuk wrote:
Of the two... Dermatch for the back and Nano for the top and hairline.

I think it is a personal choice... as opinions differ.

Nano for the hairline???? You're following Bigmac's advice to stand upside down to apply Nanogen to the hairline? Yea......definately opinions differ here.

janna

janna

Valuable Member
timuk wrote:
Also... do you still have your Nano pics posted for the competition.... I think you should have won an award for "making a tub of nano last the longest"..
Agree on that!!!!!!!

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Well i've ordered some DermMatch and will give it a try because unlike my missus I dont really like sticky stuff on my face, thus the nanogen does not appear to be favourable.

Shang

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
I Just thought i'd write about the experience I had with DermMatch this morning. Ordered sunday from Roger's Medical which I think may be associated with the DR Rogers who posts on this forum, cost £24 english pounds. This is the first concealer i've ever used so i thought whats gonna happen here, this might get messy, and didnt really know what to expect. So I gave the damp applicator a bit of a dab in the light brown concealer and proceeded to apply just behind the hairline in the areas which are slightly thinned. Gave the hair a bit of a brush through and dry'ed the hair a little with the hair dryer, altogether took about 5mins.

Now for the results....

I must say I'm really impressed by the product my hair looks so much denser and i'm really happy with it now, in fact it looks great, unbelieveable good, dont need to put fudge in my hair now either as it seems to hold my hair in the style i prefer. So out of 10 i'd give it a 9. Well chuffed. It is undetectable as well IMO. I can see why people use it, just hope I dont become to reliant on it.

Shang

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Shang

Have you any photos of the dermatch in your hair?

Cheers

bw

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
No but I can take some if you like? just bare in mind i'm just thinning in the front of the hairline and at the temples, so the pictures would not be as dramatic as the ones posted above. What it has done has thickened up the thin bits nicely. Put simply, I think its given the illusion of density.

Shang

Last edited:
timuk

timuk

My member is cooler than NN's
Shang...

Would be great to see your results using the Dermatch...

I am just repeating myself I know... but I found it great for my donor area but did not like it on top... I found the Nano better... but may have a play around this weekend...:)

Come on mate... If you show me yours I will show you mine ...

Tim)(_::