• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

doctor Feriduni information ?

K

kellyvis

Valued member
Hi all,

I am looking into a FUE hair transplant and I start to read and post on some website.

I live in Belgium and so far I found out that FUE is now the way to go from reading on the Dutch haarweb forum.

I would like to see if I can find additional information about Feriduni FUE. He has some good reviews, but also some negative reports. One poster wrote that the FUE was done enterily by technicians, expect for the drilling of the slits.

So now I am trying to find more information since it is very important for me to pick the right surgoen.

D

drmwamba

Valued member
In Belgium ,for FUE ,you can check with Dr Mwamba(MyWHTC),Dr Bisanga (BHR) ,And prohair clinic.

It is better to have opinions from differents practitionners and choose the one that could get closely to your expectations.

B

beardywierdy

What a Tool
Hi Kellyvis

I had surgery with Dr F back in February and had an excellent experience, although this was strip and not FUE. In terms of his FUE work, he replied to a question by Janna from SMG about his technique:

To Janna: I always extract the follicular units together with one of my medical assistants. We usually try to extract up to 3-4 hours with an average extraction of 200-500 FU with each hour. In the meantime one or two medical assistants prepare the single unit grafts stereo-microscopically, double and triple unit grafts are generally not prepared after the extraction, we leave them as they are. After I have made the micro-incisions, which takes again about 1 to 1,5 hours, the follicular unit are being inserted by the medical assistants, this takes about 2 to 4 hours. Finally we perform the final touch in 'stick-and-place' technique. We always try to insert a couple of small breaks during the FUE procedure, this makes the treatment a bit less long and uncomfortable for the patient. This operation in particular took about 8,5 hours in total. Our biggest single day one session treatment was 2834 FU in total with an extraction of 700 FU with each hour.

Correct me if I am wrong but as far as I am aware it is pretty standard that doctors allow experienced techicians to place grafts after the recipient has been prepared?

Do your research well and make an informed decision- see through all the hype if you can.!!! Good luck.

Shang

Shang

Sheepish Member
Kellyvis, you are lucky enough to live in the HT capital of Europe, therefore, I would have to agree with Dr Mwamba. (Prohairclinic, BHR, Dr Devroye, Dr Mwamba and Dr Feriduni) all work out of Brussells. Thus it would be wise to have a consult with all as you have nothing to loose and everything to gain. "knowledge is power"

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Kellyvis

Welcome to the forum

Could you tell us a little history about your hairloss and maybe post some pictures of your situation.As the other members have said you have a good choice of clinics in Belgium to consult with.

Cheers bm.

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Kelly,

You are in the hotbed. As already mentioned you have several great clinics to consult with and I personally would see all of them and see which one works best for your personal situation.

I think that FUE is a great option but I question your statement of "FUE is the way to go." It is such a fantastic technique but keep in mind that everyone is different and it might not possibly be the best choice for your personal needs. This is why it is important that you research like crazy, do several consults and try to meet patients.

If you have some pics please post and we might be able to help you out.

Oh, I forgot to add that Dr. Feriduni is an exceptional physician with a great track record. You would not be disappointed.

NN

Last edited:
K

kellyvis

Valued member
After more research I have decided that t will be FUE or nothing.

I have visited some of the doctors by now and they all agreed that strip surgery is quite invasive and not to be taken for granted. Furhermore I have noticed that the worst problems lke extensive scarring are always caused by strip surgery.

For now I have Bisanga and Prohair in my short list. Both are doing top notch FUE work.

I will take some time to make a final descision, I am not in a hurry.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck with your research Kellyvis.

Did the doctors you consulted with say you were a good candidate for FUE and what is your donor area like.

bm.

S

Sinesius

Hi!

I am a nwe member and I am prettty interested in this post since I am also thinking to go To Feriduni for A FUE. Are there any update from you, Kellyvis?