• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Donor Strip, Slivers and Cut Grafts

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
For those interested in seeing what a donor strip, slivers and cut grafts look like:

A small section of a strip:

Individual grafts in petri dish

This is our Cutting Sheet to keep track of every graft cut - this individual did not have very good desity for each sliver - the average is usually around 12-14 grafts per sliver, but you get the idea of our process:

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Nice account of cutting grafts etc

I like how you record all the grafts/hairs so accurately on your data sheets so the patient knows exactly what they got for their money.

One thing i remember from my surgery is that when Dr Shapiro asked how many grafts were left he was given an accurate count and breakdown straight away so he knew exactly how many more incisions needed to be made and if he needed to change the custom cut blade size to match the grafts.

Thanks for posting that.

bm.

janna

janna

Invaluable Member
No problem BM.

We tend to get patients who are astute to every aspect of HT surgery. They like the fact that our surgeries are transparent. We've always aspired to be thorough in letting patients know each step and what will be accomplished.