• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Arshad for FUT ?

G

Gokyo

Hi all,
Does anyone have any experience or advice about going to see Dr Arshad in Dewsbury for a FUT procedure ?
I had a FUT transplant in 2007 approx 1500 grafts mainly to reconstruct a receding hairline.
I was very happy with results.
In 2012 I had a further FUT approx 1000 grafts to fill out areas 2/3.
Now in 2021 I'm guessing all the native hair has fallen out leaving only the transplanted hair,leaving areas 1,2 and 3 looking a little scrappy and in need of some strengthening.
I live quite close to Dr Arshads Dewsbury clinic.
He also seems to have a lot of positive reviews.
Although he states on his website that he carries out both FUT and FUE,all the reviews I've seen are for FUE.
I'm obviously not keen on a FUE procedure due to previous FUT scars.
I've been taking Propecia since 2004.
Given the current Covid situation I'm not considering travelling outside the UK.
Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Gokyo.
I don't think I've seen a patient post an fut result by the Hair Dr. You may need to contact them directly and ask about FUT.
Have you some pictures of your donor showing your FUT donor closures?
Who did you use for your previous surgeries?
With you saying your native hair has been lost, do you feel the Propecia is not working now?

G

Gokyo

Hi Bigmac,
I haven't seen any either.
They advertise FUT on website.
I have a video consultation with them soon.
My only worry being if the surgeon and technicians haven't carried out a FUT for a long time ,they may be out of practice ?
Does make sense ?
My hair is longish at the back so can't see my scars.
They healed very well.
But I'm not at all keen on a shaved FUE, although I have heard mentioned an un shaved FUE.

Previous surgeries were with Dr Rodgers from Stratford upon Avon,but haven't seen any reviews for ages for him.
Been taking Propecia since 2004 so yeh it's probably not working so well as before.
Thanks for your response

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, I did see the website advertises FUT. Only the clinic will be able to answer this during your video consult. They may have stopped offering them because FUE is so popular. Quite a few clinics that use to offer FUT have stopped or will only do smaller surgeries because you need more staff to do FUT.
Dr Rogers still has recent reviews. If you check the patient section you will see results from his Westminster clinic and the clinic post results too.

Good to hear your previous donor scars healed well and your donor is strong. Depending on the number of grafts you need, you could opt for a partial shave extraction where the hair is lifted up and strips of hair are shaven down.
How many grafts are you thinking you will need?

Westminster Medical Group

London, UK
Previous surgeries were with Dr Rodgers from Stratford upon Avon,but haven't seen any reviews for ages for him.
Been taking Propecia since 2004 so yeh it's probably not working so well as before.
Thanks for your response

Hi Gokyo, I hope you are well and enjoying the Easter break.

I can confirm Dr. Rogers is still performing FUT procedures at our Harley Street clinic.

The FUT strip option is still popular for high Norwood cases, including men and women who do not wish to shave their donor region for FUE, plus patients with very curly hair.

As you perviously had two FUT procedures, you may be a better candidate for FUE this time around in terms of yield. It would be best to have consultation with Dr. Rogers to assess your donor laxity for a third FUT strip or if FUE is the better option.

As you are a long term user of Finasteride, you could consider 0.5mg of Dutasteride once per week as an adjunct if you feel its effectiveness has plateaued.

Feel free to drop us a line or send a private message if you wish to book a consultation at our Harley Street clinic or Stratford-upon-Avon office.

Have a great bank holiday!

G

Gokyo

Will post a photo of back of head after work.
Thanks again for all replies

G

Gokyo

back.JPG
back

G

Gokyo

Hoping to strengthen up front and temples and also address some of the thinning on top.
Just a question of is it time now.
Or do I wait a few years.
I am 52

London, UK
Hi Gokyo, thank you for posting the recent photos of your previous hair transplants with Dr. Rogers. Your hair line has matured nicely and looks very soft and natural. 51 years old is a good age to top up previous work. Your donor region looks good from the photo you posted.

I've sent you a private message sir with more details.

Best wishes,

WMG Team

G

Gokyo

Hi Bigmac,
So had a video consultation last week.
As Ive had previous FUT they asked me to come down in person to see Dr Arshad,so they can have a look at skin laxity.
I'm seeing him later today.

G

Gokyo

Thanks Phil,
It's served me pretty well this past 14 years,only this past year it's started to look a bit scrappy

Philw

Looks good though
I know what u mean
I've had 3 hair transplants as I only had a receded hairline and my hair around the transplant area has thinned giving the hair transplant a stringy thin look
But I guess u can only get so much density with hair transplants especially if u hair is a straight fine texture which yours looks like
But it looks 100 % natural and suits your appearance which is no 1 in having hair transplant surgery
I've learnt over the years that hairline design and angles are the key to a good natural transplant which u have so u are in a good place
Just fine tuneing is all u need

G

Gokyo

Thanks for words of encouragement Phil.
Yeah a bit of fine tuning is all I'm looking for.
Here's hoping.
Hoping Dr Arshad will advise whether that's best now or to leave it for a few years

Philw

No probs mate
Have u got 2 strip scars or just 1 ?
Have u thought about dr ball in Portsmouth the maitland clinic
He is also really good and will tell u what he can do for u and NOT just tell u what u want to hear
He is honest and top surgeon
He does fue and strip