• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Arshad (Hair Dr Clinic)

H

hopeful

So after spending lots of hours researching I almost had a hair Transplant at the start of the summer.
When I say almost I mean extremely close ! I’ve been meaning to come on here and post for quiet sometime but I guess I’ve been disappointed in myself and didn’t want to think about it .
having said that I do think about it a lot and I’m disappointed I didn’t go through with it . I had a consultation , booked and paid a deposit and even went as far as to drive 2 hours on the day of the appointment to have my procedure!
what happened ... well at the last minute I just couldn’t go through with it . I’ve wanted a transplant for so so long and I still do ,it’s not the thought of the actual procedure , that doesn’t bother me at all . if I’m honest with myself it’s the fact of me really not wanting folk to know and the thought of getting through the months ahead without it being obvious. The reason for my post isn’t for encouragement or sympathy it’s to pay huge credit to Dr Arshad & The Hair Dr clinic team - they could see on the day that I was really struggling and I really want to come on here and tell folk of how good they were towards me . Dr Arshad did not try push me into it ! He spoke to me and gave me time & made it clear that I did not have to have the procedure done . He put me under no pressure and In the end advised me that he didn’t think I should go through with it as I wasn’t ready . I honestly wish I could have god through with it but I didn’t and I really feel I want to come on here and give huge praise for the way I was treated . A class act ! Ok I can’t recommend the clinic by way of a hair transplant result because I didn’t go through with it but I would like to think the results of others show that ! One thing I can recommend is there customer care after how good they were towards me .
Well I Feel better for getting that off my chest and hopefully one day I will get it done .

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
It’s a shame you didn’t go through with it. The weeks leading up to my HT that’s all I could think of. I just kept thinking to myself have I made the right decision, have I picked the right doctor my head was full of worries and questions. Now 4.5 months down the line I’ve never been so happy with myself and my confidence is higher than it’s ever been. I have kept very quiet about my HT. only my parents, my wife and 1 close friend know. I hid away for a week while the scabs came off and then I just told everyone I had a lockdown hair cut. No one has guessed I’ve had a HT.

move recently started styling my hair and I’ve never had it so good. Before I used to have to blow dry my hair to give it volume, put all manner of products on my hair but now all I do is rub in some thickening VO5 paste and it looks great.

I would say maybe reconsider and try and think of life after a HT, trust me it’s the best thing I’ve ever invested in.

H

hopeful

It’s a shame you didn’t go through with it. The weeks leading up to my HT that’s all I could think of. I just kept thinking to myself have I made the right decision, have I picked the right doctor my head was full of worries and questions. Now 4.5 months down the line I’ve never been so happy with myself and my confidence is higher than it’s ever been. I have kept very quiet about my HT. only my parents, my wife and 1 close friend know. I hid away for a week while the scabs came off and then I just told everyone I had a lockdown hair cut. No one has guessed I’ve had a HT.

move recently started styling my hair and I’ve never had it so good. Before I used to have to blow dry my hair to give it volume, put all manner of products on my hair but now all I do is rub in some thickening VO5 paste and it looks great.

I would say maybe reconsider and try and think of life after a HT, trust me it’s the best thing I’ve ever invested in.
Im pleased you are happy with the results . I gutted I didn’t go through with it but I think it would have been so hard to hide the fact and right or wrong I just don’t want folk to know .
I guess at first you could say you’ve had a lockdown haircut but what about when the grafts drop out ?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Im pleased you are happy with the results . I gutted I didn’t go through with it but I think it would have been so hard to hide the fact and right or wrong I just don’t want folk to know .
I guess at first you could say you’ve had a lockdown haircut but what about when the grafts drop out ?
I play in a local rock band and when the first lockdown finished we had around 10 gigs so I was very much in the “lime light” so to say, I just made sure I wore a hat all the time.

H

hopeful

Hope you don’t mind me asking question ?
So at first it fitted in with the rest of your head / hair ?
how long before it started falling out ? And how long before it started growing in again ?
thanks

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Not long after all the scabs were removed. I wore a hat for months 2 and 3 post HT

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
It's good to hear the clinic were very understanding. There are quite a few who don't go through with surgery just like yourself. I believe people should be 100% sure before going ahead.
How many grafts were you going to have?
What area of your head was the designated transplant area?

H

hopeful

Hi,
The area was my front temples and it was around 2,800.00 grafts

duffman

duffman

Valued member
What is your current hair loss like? Would you be able to grow the hair on top long and then have a partially shaven procedure which would allow the long hair on top to cover the grafts when they shed?

H

hopeful

What is your current hair loss like? Would you be able to grow the hair on top long and then have a partially shaven procedure which would allow the long hair on top to cover the grafts when they shed?
Hi,
Yes that was the plan .... I should have just got it done at the time but I guess we live and learn .
My hair is pretty thick and long on top - in fact until I pull it back it looks good .
I would keep it long and use it to cover over the areas

F

Fatjim

I'm 4 and a halfweeks post op and I'm pretty much back to being bald, I have a few fine hairs left so that's more than I had before. My hair looked shit before op so it isn't like a step backward for me.....what you have to do is look at the end plan and focus solely on that, and remember the sooner you have it done the sooner your hair will look ace.
It may seem an impossible obstacle looking at it from the outside, but positivity is the name of the game and I look at each day post op is a day nearer tovwhere I hope to be.
People haven't commented very much at all, most of the fear was in my head.
I hope that one day you'll be happy with whatever you decide on.

H

hopeful

I'm 4 and a halfweeks post op and I'm pretty much back to being bald, I have a few fine hairs left so that's more than I had before. My hair looked shit before op so it isn't like a step backward for me.....what you have to do is look at the end plan and focus solely on that, and remember the sooner you have it done the sooner your hair will look ace.
It may seem an impossible obstacle looking at it from the outside, but positivity is the name of the game and I look at each day post op is a day nearer tovwhere I hope to be.
People haven't commented very much at all, most of the fear was in my head.
I hope that one day you'll be happy with whatever you decide on.
I hope you get great results . Yes I think most of it was in my head .
I won’t pull out again .

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
Good to hear Dr Arshad was understanding....to me that shows they are ethical.....at the end of the day to many having a hair transplant is a huge decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly. I completely understand all your concerns and totally get where your coming from but I want to reassure you it really isnt as big a deal as you might think and I guarantee when you do pull the trigger you will be wishing you had sooner dude.
I travelled to the states for mine and I was terrified of everything....it was made worse as I'd only been to France before so it was a huge deal for me beforehand......however everything went amazingly well and id do it all again in a heartbeat.......I'm a worrier but what I've noticed is that anything I seem to worry about never ends up anywhere near as bad as I expect and having a hair transplant and its aftercare isn't anywhere near as hard as I imagined.....nobody commented and nobody noticed either pal.
Hope that helps a little dude.

H

hopeful

Good to hear Dr Arshad was understanding....to me that shows they are ethical.....at the end of the day to many having a hair transplant is a huge decision and one that shouldn't be taken lightly. I completely understand all your concerns and totally get where your coming from but I want to reassure you it really isnt as big a deal as you might think and I guarantee when you do pull the trigger you will be wishing you had sooner dude.
I travelled to the states for mine and I was terrified of everything....it was made worse as I'd only been to France before so it was a huge deal for me beforehand......however everything went amazingly well and id do it all again in a heartbeat.......I'm a worrier but what I've noticed is that anything I seem to worry about never ends up anywhere near as bad as I expect and having a hair transplant and its aftercare isn't anywhere near as hard as I imagined.....nobody commented and nobody noticed either pal.
Hope that helps a little dude.
Thanks for taking the time to write this post .
It really is appreciated, I think I had too much going on at the time and things were getting on top of me . I’m sure I wouldn’t hesitate now .
Did you have a big transplant ?
wow the states ! Fair play to you .