• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Bisagna 1498 fue

L

Levrais

Valued member
Hi All,

On November 12th, I had a 1498 grafts fue procedure with Dr. Bisagna in Brussels. The overall experience was not bad. There wasnt much pain during the procedure and things healed up very quickly. Never having been through this before, I had lots of questions post-op about after-care. Stephen at BHR was very qiuck to respond to all of my questions. In fact, im sure that he never sleeps because he will respond to emails at any hour :)

The only stressful part for me was traveling from Brussels to the US 2 days after the procedure. Since the grafts are not necessarily secure at that point, I was worried that I would bump into something or that someone would drop a bag from the overhead compartment on the plane, etc. Fortunately none of that happened but if I had it to do over again I would have stayed in Brussels until at least day 5. I returned to work on day 10 and as far as I know, no one could tell I had HT.

I had only the front done this time, however, if I get a good result and if my donor supply holds up, I may go back for some crown work.

The forums were extremely helpful for me in deciding about my HT. So, I will post my progress in hopes of helping others who are having or considering HT. If I have uploaded correctly, you can see my photos by clicking on the link in my signature below. I welcome any comments.

Levrais

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/gallery_view.php

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Levrais

Thanks for your post and photos..I do sleep believe it or not!

Speak soon and of course always here if you need anything.

L

Levrais

Valued member
3 Week update:
Hi all,
I put some 3 week pics in my gallery (link below). Not much change in appearence since week 2 except that the skin is now turning pink or purple in the recipient area. I thought that would have happened earlier and that it would be returning to normal at week 3, any thoughts? Not very much shedding yet but many of the hairs are laying flat on the scalp. I have heard that means they're about to shed, is that true? Still numbness in the scalp but otherwise everything seems fine.
Comments welcome!
Levrais

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Levrais, happy to hear everything went well. Everything looks good to me from viewing the pictures. My suggestion would be to not think too much about it and just get on with life. Eventually any discoloration will be completely gone.

Having worked in the area of customer service for over 28 years and keenly knowing the importance of customer care, this is definitely another area that BHR excels. Everyone there has a great attitude and they are there when you need them.

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Uh? Is it just a computer glitch that I am experiencing or are those my photos? Weird. Well glad that you had such a great experience. Maybe it is just me or Bigmac can look into things. The work does look stellar!!

NN

Last edited:
Sparky

Sparky

Valued member
Must be a glitch because I see my photos when I click on the link.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Hi Levrais Pinkness can linger a bit, usually looks worse under artificial light than natural light, it will fade. Using aloe vera can help in this, but at 3 weeks is expected to some degree. Normal to have a lot of hairs still at week 3, wash and massage well to encourage them to fall, usually most go by week 4 in my experience, a small minority may stay and is also common.

Last edited:
L

Levrais

Valued member
@ topcat, thanks I agree on all counts
@ stephen, thanks.

Sparky and nervousnelly not sure whats going on there. I seem mine when I click the link. Please let me know if you have any suggestions how to fix this

L

Levrais

Valued member
I may have fixed the gallery link in my signature. Can someone try it and let me know if they see their own photos or hopefully mine.
Thanks,
Levrais

Last edited:
Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
All is good. The problem is fixed. Your work looks great. Just a matter of a few more months and you are going to love the new hairline. They do exceptional work so you will be happy with things. I really like the choice of hairline and with your relatively minimal loss it will make a nice cosmetic change.

Thanks for the compliment. Heal up well.

NN

L

Levrais

Valued member
NN,

I'm gald thats fixed otherwise people might think me you and sparky are triplets, lol. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm glad the healing phase is done. Now I'm going to focus on not focusing :)

Happy growing,

Levrais

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Levrais, the work looks great, thnks for adding quality pictures to your gallery.

Looking forward to following your progress.

Cheers bm.

L

Levrais

Valued member
I've updated my gallery with 1 month pics. Click on the link in my signature to see them. I just had a haircut and buzzed the sides to a #1 faded to a #2 guard. I cant see any evidence of scarring in the donor area. Many of the grafts shed between weeks 3 and 4. Also many of the grafts broke off at the surface of the skin and appear to be still growing. The color is almost back to normal and the numbness is minimal this week.

By the way, is there a way to change the title of this thread? When I started it, I called it 2 week update and would like to remove that reference if possible.

Thanks for looking,

Levrais

L

Levrais

Valued member
Hi All,

Here are some 5 week update pics. Most of the grafts have either shed or broken off at the skin surface. Some of the ones that broke of have continued to grow but others just seem to be stuck, neither shedding nor growing. They look like a blackhead on the skin.

The skin color is almost back to normal. Just slightly pink but not so much that I need to do anything. Nothing new to report in the donor area.

Thank you for looking and please feel free to comment.

Levrais

Attachments

• week 5 (2).jpg
    week 5 (2).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 3,196
D

ding_bingy

Hi Levrais

Congratulations on your transplant, I'm sure you're already feeling the reward of it !!

May I ask you please, how much did the whole operation cost for the 1500 grafts you made ?

Thank you, and good luck
G

L

Levrais

Valued member
DB,
Thanks for the reply. If I recall correctly, for fue, its 5 euro per graft up to 1,000 grafts then 3 euro per garft over 1,000. If you're in a eu country, that's a very good price. The exchange rate can make a difference if you're in the US.