• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr Bisanga 4300 fue

D

Danny1671

Evening all!

So currently I am sat in an air b&b in Brussels resting my fiery tight melon in a neck pillow at 45 degrees! I have gained much knowledge from others experiences using this and similar forums, and I feel I owe to the community to give some back so here goes!

Today was the second day of a 4300 fue Procedure with Dr Bisanga at BHR Clinic. I chose Dr Bisanga as I have always been a fan of his natural looking hairlines and more importantly, an ethical approach with regards long term planning.

The days were long but went smoothly from start to finish. Dr Bisanga finalised my hairline design in the morning after a discussion about the fact that I may not be able to tolerate taking finasteride. A relatively conservative hairline was therefore drawn and the plan was to use approximately 4000 grafts to give a better frame to my face and fill back into the mid scalp, leaving a section where there was already hair and give some coverage to the crown area.

I asked about donor density and I believe it was above average at 80+ grafts per square cm. According to doctor Bisanga, I have approximately 8000 fue donor hairs in total so a bit in the bank for future work when needed.

Graft breakdown were:

Single FU’s 679 grafts
Double FU’s 2312 grafts
Treble FU’s 1600 grafts
Quadruple FU’s 709 grafts
Total grafts 4300

I’ll attach my preoperative photos and immediately after. I’ll then post weekly if I can but certainly monthly to show progress.

Wish me luck all!Ps I’m interested to here if anyone has had success using topical finasteride or oral minoxidil pills. Obviously I’m keen to get the existing hair stabilised if possible

Cheers.

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant1.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant2.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant3.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant4.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant5.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant6.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant7.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant8.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant9.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant10.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant11.jpeg

Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant12.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Congratulations on your recent procedure Danny. As I have mentioned on other platforms, it was great speaking with you all those months ago. Looking forward to following your documentation.

The hard part of patience starts now.

M

MPBsucks1234

Valued member
Goodluck, works looks clean and refined. Dr Bisanga is a fantastic Dr.

Pete from Farjo

Pete from Farjo

Valued member
The stressful part's done now. Relax, heal up and look forward to the fun stuff!

R

reddwarf

That should produce a good change. Call me stupid but what's an air B and B, heard the phrase mentioned but not sure what it refers to?

R

Risingforehead

Just somewhere cheap to stay.

The official description is that AirBandB is an online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people who are looking for accommodations in that area. ... For hosts, participating it is a way to earn some income from their property.

Did you end up trying the Oral Minoxidil, I'm interested to know if you had any side effects from it?

D

Danny1671

Hey Risingforehead, yes I’ve taken oral minoxidil everyday since the procedure and no noticeable side effects as of yet. I’m currently taking a cocktail of other vitamins too including biotin, a hair, skin and nails tablet from Holland and Barret and also MSM. Oh and trying Propecia Monday Wednesday and Friday to see if I can reduce side effects (which were mainly low mood and mild anxiety).

D

Danny1671

Here are some 2 week photos. The recipient area is still a bit pink but this shows up mainly in photos for some reason? The donor area is still slightly sensitive but I feel it’s healed pretty well. My wife says it looks the same as it always did which is good. I’m quite conscious about the uneven density especially where an area in the middle was left untouched due to heightened risk of shock loss but hoping it grows in when it all (hopefully) grows later on.

I guess I’ll have to wait for a second procedure to be able to wear my hair buzzed short but I’m sure the density will be able to be evened out after that hopefully. I’d like to know your thoughts on this?

The journey has only just begun so trying to crack on with life and not let this take over!

Cheers

p.s apologies for the sideways pictures I have no clue how to rectify this!

Attachments

• 8F6FE863-9C46-4533-9C47-F5009B3D681A.jpeg
    8F6FE863-9C46-4533-9C47-F5009B3D681A.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 623
  • AB51B0A0-4904-42D4-94A2-F27AF2E70686.jpeg
    AB51B0A0-4904-42D4-94A2-F27AF2E70686.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 602
  • EFA18C3F-727A-475A-B54E-C9048F92B15C.jpeg
    EFA18C3F-727A-475A-B54E-C9048F92B15C.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 571
  • 4AC386E7-7BC6-4255-9E57-D598516F1783.jpeg
    4AC386E7-7BC6-4255-9E57-D598516F1783.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 586
  • 43972A03-996B-48D4-8ED8-B5457C0155D6.jpeg
    43972A03-996B-48D4-8ED8-B5457C0155D6.jpeg
    59.6 KB · Views: 662
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looks very nice Danny. Everything seems to have healed well.

Thanks for your detailed write up. Looking forward to following your progress.

All the best.

Bm.

bullitnut

bullitnut

4 awesome repairs with SMG
I agree with BM, it does look nice dude. I noticed you said you took propecia Monday Wedbesday and Friday....hows that working out for you pal, any better?

D

Danny1671

Hey Bullitnut, sorry for the late reply. I’m 5 weeks now so will upload some progress pics tomorrow when I can use day light!

As for Propecia, Monday Wednesday and Friday is working in that side effects are zero, which is great. However it does make me wonder if it’s blocking enough DHT to make a difference to my hair retention! I might up it to every other day at some point.

D

Danny1671

6 Week Update.

Hard to believe I had surgery 6 weeks ago already, it’s gone so fast! So far I feel I’ve healed really well. I’ve shed a fair bit I think but also retained a fair amount of grafts. A it’s 6 weeks do you think the shedding will still continue?

It’s looking a lot like where I was prior to surgery at this stage with a very faint pinkness in the recipient area only really visible under bright lights.

The pics taken are in sunlight coming through a window. It’s a tough phase and like a lot of people have worries and doubts about the success of the procedure but I was expecting to feel this way after the years of research!

Let’s hope it all grows in eventually and looks good!

Any thoughts or questions please ask
A53FFD2C-107D-4F80-A290-BDE6B7EE8659.jpeg
10DCEDD2-B502-4043-A388-72034EB6789A.jpeg
137C617E-018E-4E92-922E-8C8BE009FA2F.jpeg
FDBF195D-F096-43E7-97B8-F5B2A0D78EF5.jpeg
1D012E40-AC91-431D-84BC-8A6C61FDBEFF.jpeg
0E88C83B-0397-45FA-BF24-9A568C12C7DD.jpeg

T

Tenement_city

Valued member
Danny seems like you had a good experience... Did you travel home straight after the operation?

D

Danny1671

Hi, yes I traveled back to London on the Eurostar the day after the operation. Looking pretty sweet in the oversized maroon bandana!

T

Tenement_city

Valued member
Strange request though any chance you have any pics of you wearing the the oversized bandana to have a look as i'm thinking of using the clinic.

Thanks

D

Danny1671

Sorry I didn’t take any with the bandana on. There may be some other patients of Dr Bisanga though that have. Cheers

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Everything looks right on track for 6 weeks. Your donor looks great, no one would know you`ve had anything done there.

Thanks for the update.

Cheers Bm.

D

Danny1671

Hi all, apologies for the late update. Below are some photos at 3 months. I’ve actually had pretty good coverage from about the 2 month mark to the point I’ve stopped using hair fibres. That has been like being freed from prison! There are obviously areas that are still thin but hoping the grafts will grow in. Although I keep believing this may be the final result. Let’s hope I'm wrong. Any questions fire away.

cheers

Attachments

• Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant1.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant1.jpeg
    49.6 KB · Views: 446
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant6.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant6.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 434
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant5.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant5.jpeg
    76.3 KB · Views: 468
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant4.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant4.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 441
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant3.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant3.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 431
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant2.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant2.jpeg
    110.4 KB · Views: 379
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant7.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant7.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 361
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant8.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant8.jpeg
    82.4 KB · Views: 347
  • Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant9.jpeg
    Dr Bisanga FUE hair transplant9.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 338
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Danny.
You are getting very nice early growth at 3 months. Growth can happen in a short burst of time or sporadic times meaning it may stay as is until maybe month 7, then another burst of growth. Everyone grows differently, try to relax about it.

Good to hear you don`t need the fibres now, it is a relief when you can ditch them.

Thanks for the update.

All the best.
Bm.