• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic, 7000 plus FUE Norwood 6 Restoration.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Back in 2006 I had extensive hair loss. Deemed a Norwood 6 sufferer with diffused loss throughout the scalp and crown.

Having had a shaved look for many years I decided upon FUE surgery to get my restoration. Although my loss was extensive, I had a much better than average FU count per cm2 so knew I could with the aid of body and beard hair get good coverage.

This is unusual with FUE alone and therefore I had to make sure that every graft really counted and that I found a surgeon that could do this for me with the experience and confidence needed to take my case on.

This post will not show every photo of every surgery [for more detail see my site in the signature], but will give an idea of the loss to the coverage I have to date. I have in those 3 and a half years come a long way and nearly at the end of my Hair Transplant journey. My last operation was May 2009 so I still have plenty of growth to come and will update accordingly .

Starting point.

Placement of first BHR surgery.

Post first BHR surgery

2nd BHR Operation

Post 2nd BHR Operation

Beard Hair FUE Extraction

Placement of Beard with Scalp hair to upper crown

5 Months Post Last Operation

Nervousnelly

Nervousnelly

The Coolest Member
Things look absolutely fantastic. I have to admit that I am NOT an advocate of those beyond a NW 5 getting HT surgery because I am too concerned that they will have too lofty expectations and possibly may never be fully happy with their look. (excluding older candidates that are looking for a thin look)

But in saying that, you look great. Do you ever grow your hair out or do you prefer the very short hairstyle? Personally, I believe that younger NW6+ getting a HT will look pretty good with this style of hair because it doesn't create a great contrast between hair and scalp.

Anyways, this is top rate work and you have a perfect HT. Thanks for the post.

NN

J

jon65

Valued member
hey Stephen,

I've been following your story on the BHR clinic website and I noticed only a 7 month gap between your first surgery in a European clinic and the 2nd at bhr.

Did you notice any major shock loss of of the first transplanted grafts when you had your second procedure done ?

I'm in a similar situation to when you first started (norwood 6 shaved hair) six months out of my first transplant and looking into a second.

sl

sl

Hi Jon

I didn't get any noticeable shockloss and largerly this is down to the placing of the second surgery.

Certainly 6 months is quite soon so you might wish to wait for fruition of the first surgery before proceeding unless you are going into a totally new area.

If you are looking for total restoration with FUE then you need to ensure that you do have very high density and might also need to as in my case consider some body hair as part of the equation.

Let me know how things progress.

Stephen

Last edited:
J

jon65

Valued member
I was thinking around the 9 month period would be ok?

Unfortunately my donor is very thin and I have accepted that I will never get the density and coverage I want.

If I used my final scalp fue for my midsection, would it be possible to use thin body hair (legs, arms) on the front hairline? As i will be keeping it shaved.

Has Doctor Bisanga ever tried this?

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking great Stephen,Dr Bisanga has done a very nice job on you.

You must be thrilled with the result.

Cheers bm.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi stephenl, work looks excellent, how long has Dr bisanga been doing beard hair transplants and at what cost per graft, how many grafts did you get placed in the crown and are they mixed with scalp grafts ,cheers NCB

sl

sl

Hi Jon65, Around 9 months should not be a problem, it is not just the recipient but also the donor that needs the time to heal; be careful with regards to goals and expectations before starting and try as much as possible to know what you are getting into, to say your donor is weak and to rely on BH or to have a low density does not on the face of it sound like you make a good HT candidate, obviously just from what you have said you want to achieve, if you want to send me pics I'll get the doc to take a look, or post them here for comments, also I can maybe meet you when I'm in the UK and take some pics for the doc. Legs and arm hair Dr. B doesn't believe is a very viable option in his opinion for BH, he prefers upper chest and beard.

NCB,

The cost does depend to be honest on several factors, it is harder and more time consuling to perform, but we try to balance that within the entire op or previous work we have carried out, so much of the time it can be no more costly than scalp FUE for the same number of grafts.

My crown has had a mixture of beard and scalp hair to date.

Last edited:
Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Having seen Stephen ´s hair in the flesh it really does look amazing,you would never know any procedure had been done.Keeping it clipper cut which is the best cut looks totally natural.
Also knowing this was all done by FUE without strip is very encouraging.

Last edited:
T.C

T.C

The man on the street would not be able to tell you had anything done and your salt n pepper hair colouring helps keep the contrast between scalp and hair similar.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi stephenl, how many beard grafts have you had placed into the crown and what ratio does the doc mix scalp hair with beard hair do beard hairs grow in just single grafts or 1,2,3,and 4 grafts like scalp hair cheers NCB

S

scarred5

Valued member
the results are amazing, the donor looks great, ive also seen him in person, and can attest that the results are incredible especially with no strip to contend with, which allows him to keep his hair that short, that is what is most impressive

sl

sl

Quick update video to show the condition of the donor and recipient.

Still more growth to come on crown from last operation, 7 months post op at present.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking great Stephen,one of the best documented donor area extraction posts going,especially after the amount that has been used on you.

Thanks bm.

sl

sl

Thanks BM.

I will update my case periodically as getting more growth still from last op.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi stephen, any updates on my questions i asked on the 13th post cheers NCB

sl

sl

Hi NCB Apologies, I thought I'd replied earlier but appeared not! I've had 600 beard grafts put to crown so far and yes it was mixed with scalp hair also.

Last op of 600 grafts had 400 beard and 200 scalp.

My next op will be in March 2010 whereby I will have more put to lower crown using chest and poss more beard mix. Beard hairs although coarser were mainly 1 and 2 hairs per graft.

Apologies for delay in this.

Stephen

Last edited: