• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic, 7000 plus FUE Norwood 6 Restoration.

sl

sl

BHR Clinic Patient Advisor
Update on latest op on 23/02/2010

800 grafts in total [400 scalp FUE and 400 Beard hair FUE]. The aim was to close off the temples and then to put more beard hair into crown. Scalp hair used in temples.

BEARD HEALING AT 3 DAYS POST OP

Will show some crown placement shots but away form home so not able to photo on my own, will do a.s.a.p

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
Hi stephen, how long did it take to extract 400 beard hairs, does it take longer than scalp extractions cheers NCB

sl

sl

Hi NCB

Beard hair grafts are a slower process [I had 400 grafts not hairs]. They really do grow at acute angles and therefore the head has to really be manipulated into many directions in order to safely extract. I've had 1000 now from my beard in total so it was not new to me and I knew the process as this is my third procedure with beard hair.

Z

zionaxel

Valued member
Looks good Stephen, will this be the last procedure for you ? What is the most beard hair count BHR has done over the course of different procedures from one patient?

sl

sl

Hi Zionaxel

More procedures will be needed certainly, end of the year or early next. As for beard hair a lot of the work has been done into scars on others so i'd say now after 3 sessions and 1000 grafts it has to be me.

Hi NCB

Yes, the pretty much all to temples, they take a lot of single hairs as does the initial hairline construction so can need a lot of gratfs even being conservative. No beard hairs there but all in the crown.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Stephen for updating.Great pictures as always

Will this be your last procedure as you`ve finished off with your temple points.

sl

sl

Hi Bigmac

I will need more work on lower crown. I don't anticipate anymore scalp taken so it will be most likely beard and chest for whatever needs completing.

Looking forward to the temples coming in the meantime!

Will keep you posted on updates.

topccat29

topccat29

29 year HT veteran
Looks real good Stephen. Are beard hair extractions normally taken from just the chin and jawline area or are other areas harvestable? Thanks

Your hair looks awesome, it's nice not to have to contend with scars.

sl

sl

Hi BM

Many thanks for your comments.

In 3 surgeries from my beard i've personally had extractions from sideburns and higher up than jawline. The softer the tissue is however the more movement and therefore higher chance of transection.

Last edited:
sl

sl

6 Days post op. Healing process is evident in comparison to a few days ago. Beard and scalp getting better really day by day. I am making sure to wash and gently massage well and good use of aloe vera and vitamin e as part of my routine.

Taking the pics myself so could be better [sorry if i look a bit deranged] but at least shows the healing aspect quiet well, certainly a lot lighter already on both donor and recipient.

Last edited:
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the update Stephen,the extraction sites look nice and clean and they are healing well.

I could see right up your nose too.;)

J

JJ09

stephenl

You are fortunate for the possibility of this conservative approach to your restoration €¦I enjoy following your progress. ;)

sl

sl

Temple closure at 3.5 months, the transplanted hairs are coming in quiet well already. Some patients do grow faster
than others and I think I happen to be a fast grower.

Beard hair to crown coming in, appears softer in real life than photos. Spiral design obvious already.

north country boy

north country boy

Valued member
looking good stephen, defo see the spiral in the crown, whats your hair look like grown out? does the beard hair grow at the same rate as doner scalp hair cheers NCB

sl

sl

Hi NCB

I shave my head approx 1 or 2 times a week so it's never really "grown out" as such. I had all of this FUE work as I knew I wanted to keep a shaved look. The beard hair ininitally grows possibly slightly faster but appears to mellow in time and blend well with my native hair. In fact I think photos show more of a distinction than the naked eye does. But very happy with it really and it has been a vital area of donor for me.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good Stephen,nice full coverage with no signs of a HT.

Thanks for the update.

bm.

M

martinvain

Valued member
Hi Stephen,

Temples are looking good and i'm pleased its all working out for you. Your patience and approach has paid off.

I look forward to seeing a 7 month update in person in September. ;)

Is that you finished with hair transplants or is there any other parts you would consider tweaking?