• Welcome to Hair loss Experiences hair loss forum.

Free impartial hair loss advice, hair transplant advice, hair loss medications and hair loss news.
    You can contact us directly at [email protected] if you experience any problems.

Dr. Christian Bisanga BHR Clinic 3200 Grafts.

J

jt1991

I had an FUE transplant with Dr Bisanga in Belgium. The whole experience was so great I've decided to share it, in hope that it might inspire other people who were in my position.

From start to finish, the clinic was really accommodating (shout out to Hilde the patient coordinator for being there on WhatsApp for lots of annoying questions from me).

I am 28 and have pretty severe hair loss, maybe a Norwood 5 or 6. I covered it up quite successfully for many years with Toppik.

After years of research on many forums, word of mouth and after seeing about six clinics in the UK, USA and Europe, as well as having micropigmentation in London, I decided to go with Dr Bisanga after meeting them in London for a consultation.

I had around 3200 grafts in the frontal area, it was pretty uncomfortable for about a week after, but after that, all my friends just thought I had shaved my head and that I had a good hairline!

I will need another 2000+ grafts on the top and crown at some point and am planning to do this ASAP and will definitely be booking into Bisanga again.

A month in and some shedding has occurred but not lots, I am very happy with the result so far.

I'm on finasteride and oral minoxidil.

I will try to post photos of my progress as time goes on, if you have any specific questions please do ask.

Pre Transplant Photos and Immediately after surgery.

Dr. Christian Bisanga before surgery2.jpg
Dr. Christian Bisanga immediately post op.jpg

Dr. Christian Bisanga before surgery3.jpg
Dr. Christian Bisanga fue extractions.jpg

Dr. Christian Bisanga before surgery.jpg
Dr. Christian Bisanga immediately post op.jpg

Here are weeks 1, 2, 3, and 4 after surgery.

Dr. Christian Bisanga 1week.jpg
Dr. Christian Bisanga  2_Week.jpg

Dr. Christian Bisanga  3_Weeks (1).jpg
Dr. Christian Bisanga 4 weeks post op.jpg

Here is my 4-month update, it`ll be 5 months in 8 days time.
The lighting is a little different from the other shots which might be a little deceptive, in full light you can still see my scalp, hopefully, this will thicken up in the coming months!
I get many compliments on how good it's looking and very happy so far, looking forward to the coming months!

5 months.jpg

8 month update. This photo has more direct sunlight. You can see it has some more thickening to do, but I'm hoping this will happen as time progresses.

Dr. Christian Bisanga - 8 months post op.jpg

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi jt1991. Welcome to the forum.
Those 3200 grafts should produce a very nice result once fully grow out. From month 4 onwards your hair was looking good with new growth. It's night and day the difference from your pre op.
Thickening and maturing should occur right up to 12 months and beyond.
It's good to hear you're receiving compliments on your hair, this must be give you a nice confidence boost.
I'll look forward to seeing your next update.
All the best.
Bm.

Kevboy

Kevboy

Valued member
It looks as though you have a full head of hair already when looking at your face on picture. The crown doesn`t look that bad either. Has it benefited from Finasteride and Minoxidil usage?

J

jt1991

It looks as though you have a full head of hair already when looking at your face on picture. The crown doesn`t look that bad either. Has it benefited from Finasteride and Minoxidil usage?
I disagree but thank you! I think Fineasteride has held it back and Minoxidil has helped with some thickening.

J

jt1991

Hi jt1991. Welcome to the forum.
Those 3200 grafts should produce a very nice result once fully grow out. From month 4 onwards your hair was looking good with new growth. It's night and day the difference from your pre op.
Thickening and maturing should occur right up to 12 months and beyond.
It's good to hear you're receiving compliments on your hair, this must be give you a nice confidence boost.
I'll look forward to seeing your next update.
All the best.
Bm.
Thank you very much. Appreciate the feedback.

Reactions: sl
Raphael84

Raphael84

Valued member
Great write up and photos, and even at the 8 month stage, there is some solid improvement based on pre surgery. I look forward to your further updates, and wish you the best.
And great to hear you getting some solid support form this great community.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you very much. Appreciate the feedback.

No problem.
I think Kevboy was referring to looking at you face on with your hairline in place which makes it appear you have plenty of hair.
I think your hair density will improve over the next few months.
Your plan to add another 2000 grafts in the crown and any thinner areas should finish off your HT`s nicely.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi jt1991. I meant to ask, how long have you been on Finasteride and oral minoxidil?
Did you have any sides with the oral minoxidil? Did or do you see any benefit from using it?

J

jt1991

Hi jt1991. I meant to ask, how long have you been on Finasteride and oral minoxidil?
Did you have any sides with the oral minoxidil? Did or do you see any benefit from using it?
Hi, I think I see benefit from both of them, but hard to really tell.

No side effects at all.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear you haven`t had any side effects. As long as you aren`t losing more native hair then they are working.

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Looking good JT1991. Yours looks a little like mine now at 8 months, I have a few thinner areas but I can feel the new hairs coming through. Can you?? I’m sure things will start thickening up as you had a good surgeon do the work. I found a video on YouTube where a guy had a result at 8 months just like us and he was very concerned. He went back to the clinic and just said to him 8 months is still to early to see the final result, hang in there. The final result at 14 months was brilliant and the thinner patches had all filled in. Hang in there fella

J

jt1991

Looking good JT1991. Yours looks a little like mine now at 8 months, I have a few thinner areas but I can feel the new hairs coming through. Can you?? I’m sure things will start thickening up as you had a good surgeon do the work. I found a video on YouTube where a guy had a result at 8 months just like us and he was very concerned. He went back to the clinic and just said to him 8 months is still to early to see the final result, hang in there. The final result at 14 months was brilliant and the thinner patches had all filled in. Hang in there fella
Thank you, fingers crossed! Do you have the video? I’d love to see!
Do you have a thread on here with your results?

B

Baldingman23

Valued member
Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
@jt1991 It looks like it`s still improving although slowly. Having dark hair and a light scalp will make it appear thinner.
Could you add a picture with your hair combed flat? Similar to your pre op picture.

Bigmac

Bigmac

Administrator
Staff member
Hi jt1991.
Thanks for the picture. What I meant was combed flat down although this one does look better than the previous one.

J

jt1991

I just shaved my head again to about 10mm. This is at about 9.5 months.

2F4AEF6A-44D4-4D8F-90F7-917A0727E7A5.jpeg